Recent Topics

Ads

New player here, would like to have some information.

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Saltx

New player here, would like to have some information.

Post#1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Hello!

I tried Warhammer in 2013 but played untill I was lvl 3x. Played something melee, cannot remember what. Since then I have played a plethora of different games but have had my eye on this for a long time.

I mostly play melee in all mmorpgs and any games that allow it. I have a warrior that I play in Wow and I wonder which class is closest to a warrior in wow gameplay/mechanics wise?

I also would like to know what is the best class and if the factions are somewhat balanced? The meta question might seem stupid but I haven't played this game for a long time and I am mostly curious about them. If someone could give me a rundown of the classes in comparsion to anything you know, I would be very grateful.
Anything pvp

Ads
braxkedren

Re: New player here, would like to have some information.

Post#2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Saltx wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm Hello!

I tried Warhammer in 2013 but played untill I was lvl 3x. Played something melee, cannot remember what. Since then I have played a plethora of different games but have had my eye on this for a long time.

I mostly play melee in all mmorpgs and any games that allow it. I have a warrior that I play in Wow and I wonder which class is closest to a warrior in wow gameplay/mechanics wise?

I also would like to know what is the best class and if the factions are somewhat balanced? The meta question might seem stupid but I haven't played this game for a long time and I am mostly curious about them. If someone could give me a rundown of the classes in comparsion to anything you know, I would be very grateful.
From the base, low level playing of all the tank classes I'd say Black Orc for the SnB feel of WoW tank. You can go 2H and the DPS is pretty good. The Ironbreaker seems to be able to really take a lot of damage (currently leveling) if you are looking for that route on Order side.

There's a lot of more experienced players here that can give you a better run down on the tanks in the game. I had recently asked some questions viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29940 and got some good answers which you might find helpful.
Otik- Ironbreaker

Complete Noob

Saltx

Post#3 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm

braxkedren wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

From the base, low level playing of all the tank classes I'd say Black Orc for the SnB feel of WoW tank. You can go 2H and the DPS is pretty good. The Ironbreaker seems to be able to really take a lot of damage (currently leveling) if you are looking for that route on Order side.

There's a lot of more experienced players here that can give you a better run down on the tanks in the game. I had recently asked some questions viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29940 and got some good answers which you might find helpful.
Thank you for the answer. I forgot to mention I would like something more of a dps melee. Tanks work fine aswell but I play arms or fury.
Anything pvp

Shalktonin

Post#4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Saltx wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm
braxkedren wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Thank you for the answer. I forgot to mention I would like something more of a dps melee. Tanks work fine aswell but I play arms or fury.
If you are faction agnostic I would suggest looking at the White Lion for Melee DPS has good out put for DPS, if you are looking for something a little more self sustaining a Melee Warrior Priest is always fun.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Eathisword

Post#5 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Maraduer is close enough to arms warrior. Good mix of damage, survivability and utility.

WL is a good Mdps but its would be more akin to monk or feral. They rely more on mobility than raw power.

Of course in WAR most tank could also do the job.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Urdeg

Post#6 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am

There is no best class. You know the saying, sun shines, birds chirp and MMO players whine that the PvP is unbalanced. You will see every class represented in open battles.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Urdeg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am There is no best class. You know the saying, sun shines, birds chirp and MMO players whine that the PvP is unbalanced. You will see every class represented in open battles.
If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes that bring the most damage/utility to a battle, then yes - there most certainly are 'best classes': BW, Sorc, and Marauder would probably be the 'best' WB AOE DPS (damage and/or utility), KOBS/Chosen/SM/BO would be the 'best' WB tanks (utility).

If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes who can perform at very high levels over others/for less investment and at a lower difficulty level than others, then there are most certainly 'best classes': White Lion, BW, and Sorc are relatively easy classes to play with very good results, KOBS is an easy tank to play with amazing results for small investment (when compared to other tanks), RP and Zealot are probably the 'best' healers to take into a group due to their relative ease of use, and the plethora of utility they bring.

If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes who are more self-sufficient than others (solo), then DPS AM/Shaman, IBs, WH, WE, Magus and Engineer probably trump all others.

I know that there is no one, be-all and end-all 'best' class, but depending on what the OP wants to do (solo/group/pve/warband), there are certain classes that would give 'more bang for his buck' over others.

Nefarian78

Post#8 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Marauder is the closest to a mix of Fury and Arms. Closer to Fury than Arms.

The closest you will ever get to an Arms warrior is a 2h BO. medium paced and "orderly" rotations, mainly about damage, decent survivability, bellows for utility and the plans mechanic feels pretty smooth.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Urdeg

Post#9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Urdeg wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am There is no best class. You know the saying, sun shines, birds chirp and MMO players whine that the PvP is unbalanced. You will see every class represented in open battles.
If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes that bring the most damage/utility to a battle, then yes - there most certainly are 'best classes': BW, Sorc, and Marauder would probably be the 'best' WB AOE DPS (damage and/or utility), KOBS/Chosen/SM/BO would be the 'best' WB tanks (utility).

If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes who can perform at very high levels over others/for less investment and at a lower difficulty level than others, then there are most certainly 'best classes': White Lion, BW, and Sorc are relatively easy classes to play with very good results, KOBS is an easy tank to play with amazing results for small investment (when compared to other tanks), RP and Zealot are probably the 'best' healers to take into a group due to their relative ease of use, and the plethora of utility they bring.

If by 'best' the OP is referring to classes who are more self-sufficient than others (solo), then DPS AM/Shaman, IBs, WH, WE, Magus and Engineer probably trump all others.

I know that there is no one, be-all and end-all 'best' class, but depending on what the OP wants to do (solo/group/pve/warband), there are certain classes that would give 'more bang for his buck' over others.
It sounds to me like we're both saying the exact same thing with different lengths of post. Straight up there is no best class and for melee warrior choices there are a lot of different options. I don't really understand what you're trying to say on the subject, but to the rest of the thread its hard to draw parallels between WoW classes and RoR classes as they are very different games. OP might want to try a few out without the spectre of a community concensus telling them how to min-max
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ravenfox

Post#10 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:45 pm

The most warrior class I would say is choppa maybe slayer. you have a rage mechanic or "berserk" some nice team abilities aswell like heal debuff incoming and if you go 2h outgoing.

mara has strongest armor debuff and some buff cooldowns or tanky aoe. the middle tree sword arm I don't see used really.

the WE I am weary about recommending unless you want to play a ganker type in the group or want to fiddle around with that kind of stuff my favorite thing about WE is ruthless assault a channel that does dmg at range for combo points , kisses only proc like once every 5 seconds now I think or maybe 3 + the 25% proc chance so . and witchbrew takes GCD to apply but does reck face so they are quite critical
------
I saw you in a SC, classes get a bit more refined flavor at max level I know you see other classes recking right now but intricacies become apparent and choppa basically will be doing the most flexing for melee, they get buffed by everything unlike WE's primary dps ability backstab witch also requires to be behind your target or have a 10 sec/60sec cd buff up and the mara I've seen do some nasty things just as deadly but I think its because they are guarded and running full glass cannon with pocket heals or are playing it risky with full avoidance and high chance to be crit (renown) /shrug

Honorable mentions, Black orc and black guard they are considered the oomphy tanks, cant go full glass cannon cuz your expected to guard, should be simple enough with full avoidance renown, atleast you can parry and block guard damage, and they have some nice team stuff

if you cant choose a class then either pick one you think has your type of flavor or choose its roles like initative stealing backstabbing heal debuffing moral stealing make a list and break it down all 3 melee have good damage potential