Recent Topics

Ads

Hello

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
joshel11

Re: Hello

Post#11 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:54 am

Infinty wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 am Hello Josh

I'm glad you found it enjoyable so far.

There are three T1 oRvR pairings: Humans vs. Chaos, Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, and Elves vs. Dark Elves. The one you were in was the first one, I assume: Nordland/Norsca.
The other "lakes" (oRvR areas) can indeed be reached via the flight master. You have to switch pairing/area on the upper right side of the map that opens, when you talk to him.
Be sure to fly to the correct camp of the two available or you might end up on the wrong side of the fighting area, far from the action. Ask your compatriots which is the right one.

Don't be shy to ask in /advice, if you have trivial questions. The interface is not the easiest to navigate, but most things have an option or solution, if you know where to look.
If your question gets buried in an active /advice chat, just ask again. People normally keep an eye on /advice, so you'll get an answer most likely.
A few other channels that are useful as a T1 player are:
/1 - region chat, reserved for PvE chat
/2 - region chat, reserved for oRvR chat, can only be heard by players in the oRvR region of your current map
/t1 - cross-region chat, normally used for oRvR chat, can be heard be everyone of T1 rank (1-15)

Scenarios can be accessed via a little red button somewhere on your mini-map. They're like battlegrounds in WoW: you'll be transported instantly to a given scenario and grouped with other joiners and returned to your previous location, when it ends.

Anyways good luck and just ask, if you need a bit of advice. See you on the battlefield, as friend or foe :)
Was able to figure out the pairings and the scenarios. Just completed the recruits medallion and emblem set. Having a blast! Thanks for your help!

Ads
joshel11

Re: Hello

Post#12 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:57 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 am Hey man welcome! If you enjoyed DAOC then you should like Warhammer online as well. I mainly pvp in mmos, so I always liked how this game focused on pvp more than pve. So gearing up through pvp is very viable. There are a lot of cool people that would show ya the ropes, you just gotta ask them in game. There are also pug wbs that you can join in the tab menu and tag around with them to get a base feeling of the game.

Chosen is a very good beginner class for a tank. However, as a tank you will have more responsibility then say a dps. Your main focus would be to HTL (Hold the line) and too guard switch/punt in wbs. So as a tank you will be mainly support, and not doing much damage. However tank play can be incredibly fun once you understand the mechanics and get to guard a competent dps.

Hope this makes it easier decide if you want to dedicate some time to it or not. It is a very fun game once you get everything rolling!
Yeah, just unlocked the hold the line skill and guarding. Up until now I have just veen getting the hang of engaging, backing off, focusing fire and positioning to prevent enemies from backing out. Trying to integrate guarding and such will be a challenge people move around and clicking on individuals will take some getting used to. Having fun so far. :)