Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Chosen] Oppression

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Tesq

Re: [chosen] Oppression

Post#11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 pm

wanna be sincere i do not wish for oppression to became group wide effect or improve it that much any day.... my proposal is meant as a fix not as a buff. Since there are at least other 2-3 bad tactic on chosen which need "small fix" to make em viable, no rework of any kind .....no need or that......since all the op stuff was nerfed maybe those small thing may a have a look too in future so i think just fix it is enough. Btw i will just concede after oppression and drop the ball if that's the case cuz it's in years in waiting for a fix...

Ads
Penril

Post#12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm

The first rule for making a proposal is usually proving that there is an issue with a certain skill/tactic.

I will be honest, the only issue i see with Oppression is that it is probably not that good for a 14 point skill, specially when you have several good skills on the other 2 trees. It reminds me of when Can't Hit Me cost 14 points (it got moved down, and now BO has a pretty strong skill at 14 points in their tanking tree). Actually, all three of their 14-point skills are kinda lame (for that cost) while all their nice toys are pretty low on the trees. This is why most Chosen only ever run tri-spec.

I don't think OP's proposal is too strong. Actually I don't think it would solve a thing or make more Chosen spec that skill. So I will allow further discussion about the following on this thread:

a) Different suggestions for Oppression that make it more in line with other tank 14-point skills like Whispering Winds, Down Ye Go, etc.

b) Possibility of moving Downfall to 14 points while having an additional effect (unless Torque tells me to stfu) and Oppression to 10.

Tesq

Post#13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:34 pm

mmm .....

1-whispering wind is cross mirrored with tzeench reflection (same spot, same mastery, both silence, different main effect; i can say phalax could say(?) there is no prob with tzeench reflection atm is an rvr skill and they spec it).

2-rending blade is rending blade you spec it for 2h use so it depend to CS because thet is the only worth thing on the mastery.....which was nerfed.

3-thats why i was asking to fix to oppression because oppression is a thing on his own. It's a tank tool which underperforming comparing to tzeench reflection.

imo chosen is full of small tactics to fix here and there, there is no need to super buff 13 pt skill, you are not just encoruage enough because "corruptive power" and "tainted wounds" are lack luster and dont enforce you to spec into the mastery. Same goes for feed on wery

also not a fan of solution B lowering oppression dont fix the fac that is not a really panic button atm, chosen actually need one, plus moveing kd in 13 pt??? O.o BO/sm had that same problem , which so now you wanna toss it onto another class??? ppl may be able to ignore it at that point cuz choppa/we can alredy 3 sec KD......im confused.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penril

Post#14 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Did you miss the part where I said "...and give it an additional effect"?

Also, Chosen already have the best panic skill in the whole game (Tzeentch's Amplification). I don't really see the need for Oppression... maybe for PvE tanking but that's it. Anyway, those were my 0.02. If you want the discussion to stay on what you proposed, that's fine by me. I was just giving you options.

Tesq

Post#15 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

mmm (brainstorming)heal m2 take place of raze, it depend where you play and which build; in 2h + CD decrease sure you alredy have rending blade....but in s+b? you wanna take raze to help wb; in sc ?it depend probably, raze if you are not offensive enough.

not much of a fan to move up KD, if something so cool is requrired give me 2 days and i will up the proposal for oppression to make it more party friendly but only if you really think there is soo much the need.

Penril

Post#16 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

I think Rending Blade is no longer affected by CD decreasers. Think it was changed when Black Orcs gained their version of Whispering Winds. Can someone confirm?

This is your proposal and I already mentioned the reason why I moved it. If you want to change it, I can lock it for a few days and you can send me a PM to reopen it.

Tesq

Post#17 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Penril wrote:I think Rending Blade is no longer affected by CD decreasers. Think it was changed when Black Orcs gained their version of Whispering Winds. Can someone confirm?
ah yes forgot about it...

edit: yes then please lock but first give me some guideline on which way i should move this proposal (had not see this coming)

for exemple: base fix to oppression like present suggestion + an additional effect aoe or group wide would be fine? (any limitation on the type of effect?)

wargnidalulz

Post#18 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Tesq wrote:mmm .....

1-whispering wind is cross mirrored with tzeench reflection (same spot, same mastery, both silence, different main effect; i can say phalax could say(?) there is no prob with tzeench reflection atm is an rvr skill and they spec it).

2-rending blade is rending blade you spec it for 2h use so it depend to CS because thet is the only worth thing on the mastery.....which was nerfed.

3-thats why i was asking to fix to oppression because oppression is a thing on his own. It's a tank tool which underperforming comparing to tzeench reflection.

imo chosen is full of small tactics to fix here and there, there is no need to super buff 13 pt skill, you are not just encoruage enough because "corruptive power" and "tainted wounds" are lack luster and dont enforce you to spec into the mastery. Same goes for feed on wery

also not a fan of solution B lowering oppression dont fix the fac that is not a really panic button atm, chosen actually need one, plus moveing kd in 13 pt??? O.o BO/sm had that same problem , which so now you wanna toss it onto another class??? ppl may be able to ignore it at that point cuz choppa/we can alredy 3 sec KD......im confused.
I agree with all the points you made in this post. As it stands at the moment Tzeentch's Reflection is the actual "oh ****" button on the chosen and it works vs casters only, but in essence it is a crutch skill that is better than the supposed oh **** ability on the class.
Penril wrote:Chosen already have the best panic skill in the whole game (Tzeentch's Amplification). I don't really see the need for Oppression... maybe for PvE tanking but that's it.
And here in lie two problems, one is the ability under performing to the point where you don't spec it apart from maybe PvE and the other being that the class has to rely on a morale 2 that is dependent on being healed to actually work, to even have any comparable effect to its mirror's ability (Vigilance) that is basically an aoe detaunt on a tank class.

In my opinion Tesq is being very conservative with his suggestions and I agree with his view that no ability should get over-buffed, but Oppression is in need of a change. I myself have held off with proposals for the class since we are waiting for the class rework that was confirmed is coming. If things have changed however I will gladly add to the balance proposals.
Qep

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm

-Since penril told is up to me
-since recent changes to BO
-and propably general balance direction towards 13+1 skills i gona update the proposal

I propose to keep the currently fix im proposing for oppression + add a 5-7% crit chance reduction in x feet (max 30 can be lower; is up to dev)

Panzerkasper

Post#20 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:12 pm

Tesq wrote:-Since penril told is up to me
-since recent changes to BO
-and propably general balance direction towards 13+1 skills i gona update the proposal

I propose to keep the currently fix im proposing for oppression + add a 5-7% crit chance reduction in x feet (max 30 can be lower; is up to dev)
You mean like a small anti-crit aura or as a buff that is placed and can be shattered?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen