Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Oathstone and Grudgeborn Fury

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Smellybelly

Re: [Ironbreaker] Oathstone and Grudgeborn Fury [Close Date 2nd July]

Post#11 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:27 am

Armor penetration on GBF wouldnt serve much purpose against the bazillion of monstro maras with 100% armor penetration ignore though x) (thats ridiculous from a 1vs1 perspective btw, almost as stupid as rampage on slayers).

Ads
Eathisword

Post#12 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 am

Idea : maybe it should not be the damage that is increased. Maybe the damage could stay the same or close, but the channel could be remove altogether and it just becomes a very strong 3s dot like Heavy Blow. That would stack well with IB dot dot based damage.

If we would be able to use other abilities while the same damage is applied, it would become pretty good imo since we wouldn't lose AA.

Alternatively, the crit part could just become : at x grudges, GBF does X% more damage.
25 grudges : channel damage is increased by 5%
50 grudges : channel damage is increased by 10%
75 grudges : channel damage is increased by 15%
100 grudges : channel damage is increased by 20%.

the crit part is useless as is. Offensive IB has easily over 35% crit at 100 grudges anyway.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am

I like the idea of increasing the damage of the channel the more Grudge you have. This would become an offensive powerhouse of a spec - but you would have to give up the 25% parry, which seems fair. Alternatively, you could get the parry as well - but would miss out on OHD/Snare.

Provided such a damage increase would prevent the IB from getting all of their goodies (either 25% parry or AoE snare/HD) - and it would, being tied to 13 pointer - I don't see an issue with increasing damage (sorta similar to how the BG can't get everything anymore). Note that in order to get GBF, KD, GWM, AF, AoE snare and HD would require RR60. RS rr70.

Making it a DoT would probably not be possible at this point in time?

Arteker616

Post#14 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Wouldnt it make more sense to the channeling to act as a grudge filler? similar to bg.

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Arteker616 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:36 pm Wouldnt it make more sense to the channeling to act as a grudge filler? similar to bg.
Would go against the theme, i.e. being hit to gain Grudge. There already exists a tactic that enables you to gain Grudge when you hit (Rising Anger), so if GBF were made to give Grudge - it would essentially be a BG carbon copy/wouldn't have the inherent 'weakness' of having to spec to gain mechanic points via hitting enemy. Your proposed GBF used in cojunction with RA = 100 Grudge in 2/3 seconds.

Tesq

Post#16 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 pm

make it undefeatable, it's the only thing a tank's channeling dont have currently that would make it unique, you can then leave tooltips low as form of compensation for the undefeatable nature or then adjust it up if it still required.

since is st and since can be interrupted and tooltips are keep in check plus 13pt is way more balanced than anything similar in game (ie: rampage)

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Undefendable won't really serve much use outside of beating on SNB tanks. When paired with a Slayer (as you should be, with an IB), rampage pretty much negates defenses entirely.

With a decent amount of str, and dominator gear for strikethrough, never really had much trouble on my IB applying damage to prio targets (DPS and healers).

Having said that, undefendable GBF + WW = up to 4 channels (12 seconds) of undefendable hits. :lol:

Tesq

Post#18 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 pm Undefendable won't really serve much use outside of beating on SNB tanks. When paired with a Slayer (as you should be, with an IB), rampage pretty much negates defenses entirely.

With a decent amount of str, and dominator gear for strikethrough, never really had much trouble on my IB applying damage to prio targets (DPS and healers).

Having said that, undefendable GBF + WW = up to 4 channels (12 seconds) of undefendable hits. :lol:
well i admit i didnt think well enough about WW so yes lets go back from that.

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#19 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 am

Just going by the tooltips from http://www.ror.builders we end up with :

1 Chosen spirit 684 dmg per channel
2 SM 950 spirit dmg per channel
3 Knight 558 physical per channel (awful as well)
4 BO 852 ish, they hit every 0,8 seconds
5 BG a whooping 1698 per channel, though physical
6 IB 520 dmg per channel with added crit chance.

Im not sure if these numbers are updated or real in ror though, its just tooltip.

DokB

Post#20 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 am

I would never trust the tooltips tbh. Penril's spreadsheet test with the approriate tactics gives us a fairly good idea on what the damage is for each tank melee channel ability. The test clearly shows GBF sucking major ass and would greatly benefit from a base damage increase per damge tick. The effect (whether it be crit chance/armor ignore/whatever) can always be discussed later and isn't as important as the issue with GBF damage.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard