Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [KOTBS] Glory Tree

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Bozzax

Re: [KOTBS] Focused Mending

Post#71 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Theory:
Nice theory but it is just that ... a theory

Guess which side has more AOE tools and what class that unlocks most of it. Still it is how much that can be stacked that matters most when it comes to talking about focused mending.

So no I do not share your view FM is there to balance destructions superior aoe backline disruption skills. I'd even go so far to claim order has easier access to most goodies since they are on the typical meta classes and in most cases have better uptime or piggyback stuff like rampage for 100% eff.

Regarding AOE Zeles and DOKs most can be done with other classes

E: didn't include spec M4s

E2: I still believe FM was counterweight by CS just like I view BO - RP build timers incs/decs being "sloppy mirrored". Oh well before nerf ;)

E3: Missed interrupts MT + WI, Echoing Roar, Flashing Grenade and new (BO) chop fasta :( bummer)
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Spierron

Post#72 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Spoiler:
There is Witch Elf, that may use healdebuff Kiss and hit OnYourKnees for 9 target AoE, with minor RNG chance of debuffing healers. (WH being more reliable obviously when landing AoE healdebuff Bullets, but WE still being able to cause quite the mischief)
you can not have multiple proc on the same second, nice try :D

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#73 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Bozzax wrote:
Nice theory but it is just that ... a theory

Guess which side has more AOE tools and what class that unlocks most of it. Still it is how much that can be stacked that matters most when it comes to talking about focused mending.

So no FM is not there to balance destructions superior aoe skills. I'd also go so far to claim order has easier access to most goodies since they are on the typical meta classes.

Regarding AOE Zeles and DOKs most can be done with other classes

E: didn't include spec M4s
Four of those are from staggering impact, which I imagine very few knights spec for as it is too high in Conquest tree.

Without that, the count is 8/7.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Bozzax

Post#74 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Obviously you should in large scale.

The number of debuffs/buffs you deploy is much more interesting then the number of abilities you used (to deploy them).

What really matters is min - max and what you can stack to ;) (your setups max debuff/buff values)
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#75 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 pm

I suppose it would make sense but I dont play knight. From what I understand, most are too committed to Vigilance and Glory to spend 13 points in conquest.

Tesq

Post#76 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:23 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:I suppose it would make sense but I dont play knight. From what I understand, most are too committed to Vigilance and Glory to spend 13 points in conquest.
that's what i said at the begginin of the thread, glory mast in poor conditions, even if the tactic is in need of a nerf tha mastery isn't, any value nerf should wait till the mastery is in a better shape. But not the move up to 11pt. Untill Unbalanced attack and mighty soul dont get label as nice addition to yoru spec, nerf the value of FM don't feel right. You nerf (even if by few) 1 of the only 2 reason to spec 1 mastery basically.

Pacso

Post#77 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Bozzax wrote:
E3: I hope I didn't forget any relevant ability / morale / tac
I dont see Black Orc's Down Ya Go which has now a whispering wind effect.
Zzharg Madeye

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#78 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Bozzax wrote:Obviously you should in large scale.

The number of debuffs/buffs you deploy is much more interesting then the number of abilities you used (to deploy them).

What really matters is min - max and what you can stack to ;) (your setups max debuff/buff values)
What really matters is what players actually employ, and not what theorycrafting says is "possible." A knight specced into Staggering impact cant get focused mending and dirty tricks together: he could get one or the other, but not both. He could get dirty tricks and kd, or focused mending and stagger, but not all of them together. He also obviously loses out on Vigilance.

Perhaps I am wrong and Kotbs forgo having crit buff and heal buff together with aoe snare and kd/stagger all for staggering impact. But would this thread, and constant complaints of "aurabots" exist if they did?

Again: what actually happens is what matters. Theorycraft can help, but its useless without implementation.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#79 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

DYG, Nod and also mara WI was filtered out by misstake

Everything was in a contex of muliple grps so ya one knight dont have it all. Same way most chosens used other auras then those listed and renegade ddoks is an unicorn.
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#80 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Also missing group aa haste from black orc.

Edit: unless we arent looking at group aoe buffs in general.