Recent Topics

Ads

[Rune Priest] Rune of Battle

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Mcgotrek

[Rune Priest] Rune of Battle

Post#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am

The ability: Rune of Battle.
Path of Grimnir. 45 Action Points. 150 ft range. 30s cooldown. 2s cast.
‘Buffs you or a friendly player with a pulsing area of effect that deals 368 Elemental damage every 3 seconds to all enemies within to 30 feet for 15 seconds.’
The ability has already been changed by Penril and Torque on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:32 pm but I don’t see why it can’t be changed further.

1. Identify the issue.
An ability which takes 2s to activate in a game where mobility and the ability to dictate the battlefield are very important aspects.

2. Explain why it's an issue.
As a dps rp you have other and more important skills to use when dismounting and engaging the enemy. When in an (organized) warband you have to be moving nonstop and this ability makes you fall behind and therefore making it very hard for you to apply the important aoe healdebuff to your enemies. Also, im told by more experienced dps rps than me that this specc is underperforming as it is, so this could be much needed minor buff to the class.

Propose a viable solutions to the problem.
1) Remove the cast time entirely.
2) Make it possible to be activated while running.
3) Make RoB instant but make it 100 ft range (down from 150).

Regards
Last edited by Mcgotrek on Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Rune Priest] Rune of Battle

Post#2 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (29th May).

Seems fairly straightforward. Thoughts?

Rydiak

Re: [Rune Priest] Rune of Battle [Close Date: 29th May]

Post#3 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Is individual spell cast speed currently modifiable? I thought it only worked with global cast speed buffs (e.g. Accelerated Intimation).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

szejoza

Post#4 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm

I don't really think this skill needs buff, it already can work as a good healdebuff spreader while RP hides in the bushes, making it usable on run or instant would do make it a bit OP for a skill of a medium investment. All in all dps RP does bring a lot to the warband and imo it doesn't need additional boost

***(just to note, AM have similair skill - Dissipating Energies at 13 Points with much longer CD, bigger cost, smaller range, lower uptime, the only thing that is 'better' is that the tics are in 2s intervals and not 3 as in case of RP)
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm

szejoza wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm All in all dps RP does bring a lot to the warband

Elaborate on this, and why you think reducing casttime would make it OP?

Foomy44

Post#6 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
szejoza wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm All in all dps RP does bring a lot to the warband

Elaborate on this, and why you think reducing CD would make it OP?
Just want to point out that RP healdebuff on crit tactic has a 10 second duration while Zealot healdebuff on crit tactic only has a 5 second duration and I believe it's mostly because of the difference in CDs on this AoE vs Zealot AoE in same spot on tree.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:18 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Elaborate on this, and why you think reducing CD would make it OP?
Just want to point out that RP healdebuff on crit tactic has a 10 second duration while Zealot healdebuff on crit tactic only has a 5 second duration and I believe it's mostly because of the difference in CDs on this AoE vs Zealot AoE in same spot on
EDIT: Zealot Hd is also 10 seconds. Ignore career builder.

AxelF

Post#8 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 pm

The zealot heal debuff is actually also 10 second duration - I know the builders show it as 5 seconds, but in game the debuff definitely lasts 10 seconds.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#9 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:53 pm

AxelF wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 pm The zealot heal debuff is actually also 10 second duration - I know the builders show it as 5 seconds, but in game the debuff definitely lasts 10 seconds.
O, my bad then, don't think I ever saw that in any patchnotes or the wiki.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Toldavf

Post#10 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 pm

I would have thought the best synergy for this ability was to throw it on a NW using Annihilate. Considering that that skill is a 3 second channel and that this is a 2 second cast i really don't see why you would fall behind.

If you are constantly on the move in warband play it is because one side is beaten, i don't see why we should make it easier for any faction to catch or damage kiting players than it already is.

I am also surprised that any fighting line would move away or after you faster than you can reposition considering the amount of aoe snares available to a warband.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-