Recent Topics

Ads

Improving the ST of BW/Sorc.

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Egoish

Re: Improving the ST of BW/Sorc.

Post#41 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm

I do not have an rr40+ sorc or bw so i won't weigh in on anything other than the sweeping proposal. 10% disrupt strikethrough on staves would effect every casting class bar dps zealot. If they do accept the proposal it should be applied to staves and foci.

Ads
SilverWF
Suspended

Post#42 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Coma wrote:
SilverWF wrote:Melee (most of) classes has an options.

Magic classes has NOT. No one of them. Sorc/BW/Sham/Am/RP/Magus can use only staves. And Zealot - only knife.

Again, more attacking stat you have - then more disrupt strikethrough you have also. Everything were created long before us, no need to do that again.
This would help to pure DDs and hits hard all hybrids (but who cares?)
the problem is that it WAS like that... but it has been changed with the new defense system... what you are suggesting is to revert to the old model, and it will not be done (it has been stated multiple time by staff meber...)
Then they need to realize that this changes were bad for game.

What else they can do here?
Split Deft defender on 2 different passives: one for disrupt and one for dodge. But this would change nothing really, but only increase SH/SW/Engi profitness even more, coz noone would take dodge passive.

Or increase INT value in disrupt strikethrough. Just nothing else can be done here to not finally came to the 'old" system.

You can create any level of crazyness formulas but there will be only "healers are OP and don't even requires a guard" or "old system". Just deal with that.

Old system was perfect. It was "you have a good tank or you suck" and nothing else. And this was right.

Now it is wrong (especially with some disrupt avoidance tactics, that order have). Fully attack specced mag DD must NOT has so many disrupts on the enemy and doesn't matter who is that enemy: dd, tank or healer. Just must not and this is so obvious, that doesn't even requires an explanation.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Bozzax

Post#43 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Reesh wrote:I agree with Aurandilaz idea as well, the 10% disrupt strike through to staff users won't shake the balance around, and it would compensate a tiny bit the situation of magic users.
Compared to old system

vs healers ... more like before change
vs all others ... buff considering CW removal
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#44 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 pm

And staves 10% disrupt ignore would allow to Am has 100% disrupt ignore
Thanks for this idea, can't wait for it to be implemented!
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

shaggyboomboom

Post#45 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 pm

SilverWF wrote:And staves 10% disrupt ignore would allow to Am has 100% disrupt ignore
How?

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#46 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
SilverWF wrote:And staves 10% disrupt ignore would allow to Am has 100% disrupt ignore
How?
They have core tactic +10% anti disrupt and block for anything (and compared with my Magus it is alone only works just fine) and also +15% anti disrupt and block for Path of Asurian
If they would remove that tactics - then, fine, if not, well...
But never happens we all know that.

shaggyboomboom

Post#47 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 pm

SilverWF wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
How?
They have core tactic +10% anti disrupt and block for anything (and compared with my Magus it is alone only works just fine) and also +15% anti disrupt and block for Path of Asurian
and how is that 100%, last time i checked 10+15+10 is 35 plus the additional 2-3s from gear. that is not 100

Aurandilaz

Post#48 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 am

SilverWF wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
How?
How awesome would it, if totally DPS Specced Archmaster of White Tower of Hoeth could actually deal out damage properly if they spec high in their dmg tree?
But lets be realistic, dps healers have always been niche classes, and a 10% disrupt strikethrough to all magical casters would hardly unleash the hordes of AMs and Shamans, it's 10%, which realistically is closer to 7% effective gain. (adding together defensive disrupt, then the combination of offensive strikethrough values)

lets assume:
target has 50% disrupt, from good Willpower because healer or halfdecent tank who knows where the button for HTL is:
attacker has softcap int plus best gear, gaining around +50% strikethrough, then you add +10% from staff.
So values of RNG between 1 to 50 cause disrupt, values between 51 to 160 mean hit, ~68% chance to hit, 32% effective disrupt.
Without staff disrupt-strikethrough, 1 to 50 disrupted, 51 to 150 hit; 66% chance to hit 33% disrupt.
0.6875/0.6666= real "buff" gain is 3.1% increased dmg output from slightly lesser disrupt.

Lets say we went with staff giving +15% strikethrough against disrupt:

1 to 50, disrupted. 51 to 165, hit. 30.3% disrupt, 69.6% hit. Effective "buff" is 4.5% (compared to previous/current). Far from gamebreaking, but might make life less frustrating from magical caster POV.

Please feel free to correct my numbers, or say if I'm completely wrong with how current defensive mechanics are calculated.

Ads
Jbz

Post#49 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:52 am

Coma wrote:
Jbz wrote:Giving tanks or mdps disrupt strikethrough debuff sounds interesting and effective to me.
the question is: why do caster DPS need tank/mdps to give them striketrough while MDPS only need do run around the target to completely avoid parry and phisical RDPS have Pirce defense on their own? also note that SW have a 10% redction being defended from racial tattic while ENG have a 5% dodge/block reduction on skill ON TOP of pierce defense that make it much easier to land compared to the magus version and tota up for 20% reduction in block/dodge...

this is IMHO the point... there are a considerable number of way to deal with high parry/block/dodge... but an extremely limite (and not really efficent) way to deal with high dirupt... and this high dirupt is what is cousing ST magical dps to suffer a lot while also reducing the efficency of AoE magical dps... altrough to a lesser degree than ST what more those way to deal with parry/block/dodge are avaible to the classes that actualy have to deal with it... while the best way to deal with disrupt is already on non magical classes... and you want to futher increase this dependance?
Coma, the way I see it bw/sorc do the most potent st dmg in the game from ranged so too keep from being OP having our utility (high burst damage) tied to others seems reasonable. Pierce defenses seems like a necessity now for prdps and justly is a tactic for them. I think if mrdps get a similar tactic the boys will start crying.

Anything that drives this game more to a team oriented game play is what I would like to see. This is just a personal opinion but the most fun times I've had playing this game our grouped with others and working as a team, I hope others share this idea.

Jbz

Post#50 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 am

Reesh wrote:I agree with Aurandilaz idea as well, the 10% disrupt strike through to staff users won't shake the balance around, and it would compensate a tiny bit the situation of magic users.
This would be the easiest fix but seems like a bandaid to an underlying game mechanics problem. Not trying to make more work for the devs but that's the way I see it and will keep playing bw/sorc whether there are changes or not.