We thank you for your involvement.
This proposed change pertains to the Engineer's Fragmentation Grenade, which is a core ability in the Grenadier tree. You are cordially invited to give your feedback on these proposed changes, and to share your thoughts.
For information on how to structure your feedback, please refer to this thread prior to giving your feedback. It is imperative that you structure your feedback as per the given structure in the aforementioned link.
It is imperative that you check out Step Two of this thread for rules and guidelines on giving feedback.
CLOSE DATE: 6th OCTOBER
Note: If you do not adhere to the structure that is required, your post will be subject to moderation, and possible deletion (should you continue to do so).
- Fragmentation Grenade's damage type is changed from Physical to Corporeal
- Fragmentation Grenade's tooltip name is changed to Incendiary Grenades* (this is subject to change, and we welcome your suggestions on this) to better reflect its new damage type
- It is the only ability in the Grenadier tree that does Physical damage
- Lack of an AoE armor debuff on order means that the Grenadier Engineer has no means of debuffing the damage type of their main AoE DoT
- Mirror aspect: Changing Magus is entirely Spiritual damage, and even has a 0.625 int mod compared to Fragmentation Grenade's 0.5 bal mod. While Changing Magus can debuff his enemies' resistances entirely to his Spirit damage, a Grenadier cannot do the same with Fragmentation Grenade
- Any fears of it overperforming are moot given the aforementioned concerning ballistic damage modifier, as well as the fact that this change would possibly result in a decrease in damage against super squishies (but a significant increase in damage against targets with higher armor values)