[Application] Forum Moderator

After each round of recruitment, previous applications will be moved here. When we open positions in the future, those interested should post a new application.

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer

CegeePegee
Former Staff

[Application] Forum Moderator

Post#1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:56 pm

The following is my application for Forum Moderator. If there are any questions, feel free to contact me anytime or look for me on IRC.

About Me -
Spoiler:
I played live from launch and have been playing here since summer of 2014. On live I played Order for the first few years, got a BW to 80 and and AM into her 70s along with a pile of alts. I eventually switched to Destro where I mained on a zealot to rr90. My time here started on the Order side where I played an AM mostly but the majority of my time has been dedicated to playing Destro. I main on a DoK (Cegee) who is 40/46 and I also play a zealot (Cegeee) who is 38/42. My alts include a sorc (35/3x), a WE (30/28) and Chosen (26/26) so I like to play a little of everything. I also have a mountain of alts on both sides of the fence that I only play occasionally, usually just to help me understand how a particular mechanic works. My hours of play tend to be 7p-midnight EST during the week and sort of all day on-and-off during weekends.
I play most days each week unless something major is happening IRL that prevents me from being able to play. Although I’ve been choosy about posting/replying in the forums, I read most posts and I stay up to date on what’s happening, what’s going on in balance discussions, etc. My forum-haunting hours tend to run from 9a-5p EST during the week.
I’ve been playing MMOs for about 10 years and have a Bachelors of Computer Science with a focus in game development. I’ve been a community coordinator for an open source game but this would be my first time as a forum moderator.
What I feel I bring to the table -
Spoiler:
I have excellent knowledge of the game and most classes. If there’s a class I haven’t played, I’ve likely played its counterpart on the opposing faction. I’m friendly and I try to always be helpful; if I don’t know the answer to a player question I will take the time to find out and follow up. I believe in doing things that are for the best of the server and the entire player base over what’s best for me or my faction (of course) and I have a very high ethical standard for myself and others.
I spent 10 years in the US Air Force and acted as a supervisor during that time where I learned to manage others and resolve conflict effectively. My military years also helped me to develop the type of thick skin and level-headedness needed to be able to operate as a stoic and fair forum moderator. I never flame, I don’t get offended easily and I believe there are no stupid questions. Those who have come to know me know that I can be silly but when it comes to being professional I take things very seriously- respect is number one for me and I believe it works in both directions; I know that I must be respectful of each community member and order to earn respect in kind and I believe in remaining respectful even in the face of extreme flame and rage from others.
Lastly, I play primarily during NA hours, a time frame in which there are not as many staff and moderators available. I would love to help fill in this gap and am happy to make myself available whenever needed to help ease the workload.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to possibly getting the opportunity to serve everyone here on the forums :D

Ads