Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bosli

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#81 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 pm

I don't see why we would get a lockout timer if we don't enter RvR. I literally never play oRvR anymore and still get locked out.
Regarding Ranked SC, it sometimes takes 15 to even 30 minutes on destro for one to pop, while it's pretty fast on order. That's when I want to switch sides, because it also helps those staying on destro to get faster pops. If you look at SC, even the standard ones, it's much better to let people switch without lockout so the queue times might somewhat even out.

Ads
Ototo

Post#82 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 pm

What you are experiencing is cause the server has been overpopulated by destro often since the timer was implemented. Some days we have been at 60+% destros for only 30+% orders. Right now the difference is low, at a 52% destro / 48% order.
Spoiler:

Bosli

Post#83 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 pm What you are experiencing is cause the server has been overpopulated by destro often since the timer was implemented. Some days we have been at 60+% destros for only 30+% orders. Right now the difference is low, at a 52% destro / 48% order.
That doesn't change the fact that destro has A LOT longer queue times than order, even when it's 50-50, because order don't want to do SC or whatever. Just earlier, I had to wait for THIRTY minutes queuing for ALL scenarios until a Mourkain popped, and again, could not log to order for another hour. No wonder we always get a 5v6 or even worse in ranked, when people have to wait for ages for a pop. It's neither fun nor fair in any way and just makes me not play the game for the rest of the day.

Detangler

Post#84 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm

I get pretty quick scenario pops on destro when playing s/b tank or healing healer. DPS? Fugettaboutit....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ototo

Post#85 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Bosli wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:37 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 pm What you are experiencing is cause the server has been overpopulated by destro often since the timer was implemented. Some days we have been at 60+% destros for only 30+% orders. Right now the difference is low, at a 52% destro / 48% order.
That doesn't change the fact that destro has A LOT longer queue times than order, even when it's 50-50, because order don't want to do SC or whatever. Just earlier, I had to wait for THIRTY minutes queuing for ALL scenarios until a Mourkain popped, and again, could not log to order for another hour. No wonder we always get a 5v6 or even worse in ranked, when people have to wait for ages for a pop. It's neither fun nor fair in any way and just makes me not play the game for the rest of the day.
So what? Force people to queue on login? You are being unreasonable, selfish, attacking me for pointing the obvious, and trying to dodge the real population facts, period.
Spoiler:

Lolfatalstorm

Post#86 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:08 pm
Lolfatalstorm wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:47 am Now that fort cap and reservations are back, will the lockout be disabled ?
The lockout is not for fort alone so no would be the short answer.
I don't get what is the lock out for then honeslty, cause for me xrealm became a pb only since the last pop unlock for fort (making def very ez) and no contrib needed to get in, so anybody could switch and get free win on def during prime, or get on attack if not enough defenders mostly during the afternoon forts.
I'm pretty sure that before even staff members were regularly answering on some post (where ppl were qqing about xrealm) that it doesnt rly impact rvr domination and that there would prolly never be any lockout.

Detangler

Post#87 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Lolfatalstorm wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:04 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:08 pm
Lolfatalstorm wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:47 am Now that fort cap and reservations are back, will the lockout be disabled ?
The lockout is not for fort alone so no would be the short answer.
I don't get what is the lock out for then honeslty, cause for me xrealm became a pb only since the last pop unlock for fort (making def very ez) and no contrib needed to get in, so anybody could switch and get free win on def during prime, or get on attack if not enough defenders mostly during the afternoon forts.
I'm pretty sure that before even staff members were regularly answering on some post (where ppl were qqing about xrealm) that it doesnt rly impact rvr domination and that there would prolly never be any lockout.
A good point. Lockouts dont really seem necessary unless this fort cap/reservation is only a short term test before we go back to the free for all cluster that we had before.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Psilord

Post#88 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm

It seems that all players who do not exclusively play (or want to play) RvR are forced to submit to the rules of RvR players.
It may make sense that this mechanic has its advantages in RvR, but only there.
Now, however, those players should also be punished for having some XRealmer in RvR. And now all players have to pay for some players to do this. This problem with the XRealmer has existed for over 10 years, but now the crowbar is to be used without any compromises and a system is to be introduced for everyone, which has only a few advantages. The rest are not you hardcore players with RR80 ++, and therefore one is of the opinion that this collateral damage is to be accepted.

RvR the system is ok, but not for PvE, PQ and SC.

Thank you

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#89 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Psilord wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm It seems that all players who do not exclusively play (or want to play) RvR are forced to submit to the rules of RvR players.
It may make sense that this mechanic has its advantages in RvR, but only there.
Now, however, those players should also be punished for having some XRealmer in RvR. And now all players have to pay for some players to do this. This problem with the XRealmer has existed for over 10 years, but now the crowbar is to be used without any compromises and a system is to be introduced for everyone, which has only a few advantages. The rest are not you hardcore players with RR80 ++, and therefore one is of the opinion that this collateral damage is to be accepted.

RvR the system is ok, but not for PvE, PQ and SC.

Thank you
This is the way.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rydiak

Post#90 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

The realm lockout is to prevent people from switching in the last zone before a Fort to the side that will be attackers. You are always welcome (and often encouraged) to join the underdogs!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!