Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Armor Set Redesigns

Post#291 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm

That was a change made recently, as a result of one of the feedback threads. It was pushed with a recent hotfix, and I haven't had the time to update the spreadsheet yet. I'll probably do that today.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#292 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Scrilian wrote:Beats me, now I need 4 more medals on my Slayer to finish Devastator coz it actually might be good for a slayer to have 4dev+crit hat and not 2dev+3stalker mix.
Probably not a necessary change tbh those classes really shouldn't be struggling to do good damage but hey ho lets see if anything comes of it.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

TenTonHammer

Post#293 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Genisaurus wrote:That was a change made recently, as a result of one of the feedback threads. It was pushed with a recent hotfix, and I haven't had the time to update the spreadsheet yet. I'll probably do that today.
were any other sets/set bonuses changed like sh, wl, ch?

Nameless

Post#294 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:55 pm

shaman/am duelist \dps one\ bonus is cast time reduction on being hit

there is a whole separate thread where the changes were discussed
here it is
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

TenTonHammer

Post#295 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:43 pm

I know last i checked duelist choppa hadnt been changed to reactionary and i dont belive the WL was yet changed either? When i said sh i ment squig herder

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#296 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:54 pm

From the current draft of patch notes:
- Sets: The 5pc bonuses on the SQ/SW Devastator sets have been changed from Marked to Domination
- Sets: The 4pc bonuses on the CH/SL Devastator sets have been changed from +5% Parry Strikethrough to +5% Melee Crit
- Sets: The 5pc bonus on the WL Devastator set has been changed from Corrosion to Depleting
- Sets: The 5pc bonuses on the SQ/SW Duelist sets have been changed from Quickening to Creeping
- Sets: The 5pc bonuses on the CH/SL Duelist sets have been changed from Mending to Reactionary
- Sets: The 5pc bonuses on the AM/SH Duelist sets have been changed from Barrier to Quickening
I have updated the spreadsheet now.

taccr

Post#297 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Why was mara dev set not changed to depleting?
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#298 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 pm

taccr wrote:Why was mara dev set not changed to depleting?
1. Marauders dual-wield, and have a naturally higher chance of proc'ing an On-Hit passive. Depleting would have allowed them to shut down a target better and faster than a White Lion.

2. Marauders have their bonus crit damage tactic in Brutality, whereas White Lions have it core. Providing an armor debuff to Marauders encourages them to spec away from Cutting Claw, whereas White Lions have no equally competitive specs outside Hunter at this level.

3. Marauders already have a means of crippling their target's AP pool through Draining Swipe, whereas White Lions have none.

4. Because nobody said anything for weeks after I proposed the change.

This is a response to your question, not an opening for debate - I'm considering these redesigns complete for all intents and purposes. There's been plenty of time for feedback and comments, and I need to get started on T4.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#299 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 pm

So just a question

why was sl/ch set bonus for deva changed from overwhelm to clarity?

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#300 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:09 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:So just a question

why was sl/ch set bonus for deva changed from overwhelm to clarity?
The same reasons any other changes have been made: I received enough feedback that Overwhelming was, in fact, underwhelming, and Clarity would be a better fit. Here's one such set of comments.

I don't make these changes just because I feel like it, they get made because people have been sending me thoughtful and thorough feedback for months now, publicly and through PM, and I incorporate what options have the largest consensus and that I don't think will become a problem.