Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Loot System Redesign

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Loot System Redesign

Post#21 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Cornerback wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:
Cornerback wrote:Whats the intention behind removing the medaillon-drops in scenarios?

Forcing people to participate in unbalanced zerg action rather than playing scenarios which are at least a bit balanced?
Frankly, yes. Different activities give different rewards. That was a core principle in Warhammer Online, and I see no reason to change it here. When dungeons are working and Redeye is available, would you also complain about having to do "boring, skill-less PvE" to get the set, instead of PvP? The principle is no different.

It should be good enough that kills in scenarios count toward the kill quests for medallions. Beyond that, like I said, we will be returning RvR sets to keep loot bags once the system is finished and working, which is the current focus for some of the team. Completing your RvR sets will be much easier in the future.
Okay. Then I've got three questions regarding this:

1. Will there also be golden bags if there is little to no defense? Or do they require a defended keep? Because at the current state of the game, keeps are undefended most of the time. Hopefully this will be different with your proposed changes though.

2. Will there be anything like an auto opt-out for people, who already have full devastator, so they don't take the loot bags from people who still need it?

3. Will the devastator part you get be random, so you can get like six helmets in a row from the bags? Or will you get a part you still need? I still remember colelcting Souvereign helmets for my IB in IC/AD back on live. Had like 15 of them.
1. Balancing the number of gold bags will definitely be a priority once the system is working. We don't want to leave a system that rewards keep trading. At the same time, we don't want to punish players who live in low-population time zones. I can tell you that it will be done, but chances are the loot bag functionality will be rolled out as it is completed, which means that adjustments and improvements might come over a period of time after release.

2. Absolutely - that was an important feature on Live, and we want to replicate it here. However, as above, that functionality might not be ready by the time loot bags in general are ready, so it might come a little after release.

3. The pieces you receive will be random, but there will also be medallions in the bag that can be selected instead. As on live, medallions were always intended to be a consolation prize - a secondary way of getting gear if the loot bags were not rolling in your favor. Your best chance will always be gold bags from keeps, but between kill quests, random loot drops, and bags from keep takes, there should be no difficulty in acquiring the RvR sets.
paps wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:All cultivation seeds and materials will no longer drop.
how we get them?
By leveling up the seeds you buy from vendors, just like everyone else.
Scrilian wrote:B..but how am I supposed to get the Axe of the Lady on my 32lvl Slayer from t1 lair in rvr zone :(
I can't buy it coz it literately costs billions of gold and now I can't even hope to farm it with army of lvl10-11 Ironbreaker-alts and send it to my main.
You can't, tough. Just like you couldn't on live. The appearances used for the Lady and Decayed items will be available in T4. Perhaps sooner if we decide to include them in a Live Event or get the cosmetic vendors set up.

Ads
Agronas

Post#22 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:47 pm

When you say all cultivation seeds will no longer drop, does that mean level appropriate seeds will drop from monsters (comparable to scavenging/butchering)?

aelic

Post#23 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:48 pm

awsome work as always

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#24 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Agronas wrote:When you say all cultivation seeds will no longer drop, does that mean level appropriate seeds will drop from monsters (comparable to scavenging/butchering)?
No, I'm saying that seeds above level 1 were never supposed to drop. Neither were all the broken seeds that were removed in 1.2.

You buy the level 1 seeds from the vendor, and you level them up. If you want a shortcut to high level seeds, buy them off the AH.

Ley
Former Staff

Post#25 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Veeeery nice, thankies!

demodw

Post#26 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:51 pm

I'm really intrigued by the keep loot system soon coming.

It's also awesome that you are trying to do something about the pvdoor. Keep up the good work!
djharsk*

Scrilian

Post#27 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
You can't
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Shibirian

Post#28 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Genisaurus wrote:The gear they drop is guaranteed to be usable by at least one member of the party.
You, dear Sir, are my Hero of WAR. :D

Can we assume that this same rule will be applied for dungeon drops, too?
"I am Grace, too. But roll a healer if you need healing..." - Tudik (WP@SC)

"I've heard it reported but do not know how to reproduce." - Azarael

Ads
mursie

Post#29 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:26 pm

Ley wrote:Veeeery nice, thankies!
That's an awesome signature!

Arbich
Suspended

Post#30 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Agronas wrote:When you say all cultivation seeds will no longer drop, does that mean level appropriate seeds will drop from monsters (comparable to scavenging/butchering)?
No, I'm saying that seeds above level 1 were never supposed to drop. Neither were all the broken seeds that were removed in 1.2.

You buy the level 1 seeds from the vendor, and you level them up. If you want a shortcut to high level seeds, buy them off the AH.
This is different from live, isn´t it.

All in all a good new loot-system, only this seed-drop change is not that great. :(
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM