Recent Topics

Ads

Ability Rework Progress

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Ability Rework Progress

Post#791 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am

unowien wrote:Is there anything you guys can do to the Chosen to make the more than just Ravage spam? Since the nerf forever ago it doesn't even do that much damage anymore.
cos like: Snare, challenge, taunt, KB, kd, stag, wounds debuff, touch of palsy, ap drain, seeping wounds are not enough to take tour time?

Ads
unowien

Post#792 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Tesq wrote:
unowien wrote:Is there anything you guys can do to the Chosen to make the more than just Ravage spam? Since the nerf forever ago it doesn't even do that much damage anymore.
cos like: Snare, challenge, taunt, KB, kd, stag, wounds debuff, touch of palsy, ap drain, seeping wounds are not enough to take tour time?

First off, I'm no asking for more abilities. I'm asking for a rebalance to make more of the ones we have useful. Secondly, let's narrow this down. You list all the abilities like some aren't useless and other's aren't pve/rvr specific. You aren't using all of those abilities in every situation. Here's the ability list split and broken down. I'll put rotation order at the end. For the sake of this explanation, we are going to look at the Chosen in T4.

PvP abilities
Dizzying Blow- Situational. Used for peeling more than anything
Wihering Blow- Usefulness is highly questionable. People regain AP in so many ways at such rapid rates that it's not even worth wasting your AP to use this in T4.
Touch of Palsy- Useful but on a 20s cooldown. Hardly part of a rotation.
Sever Blessing- Questionable. It kills one at random and with all blessings on insta-cast...
Petrify- Has this ability ever worked properly? In theory it's good for peeling and stopping runners. If it works. Also on a 60s cooldown. You'll hit it maybe once in a fight.

PvE Abilities
Enraging Blow- needs no explanation. Takes the place of Ravage in tanking.

All-Around
Taunt- 15s cooldown. The idea is nice. But when the Chosen does such low damage since the Ravage nerf, 30% of miniscule is only slightly less miniscule.
Challenge- 30s cooldown. Good to use on a cluster of mdps. Once every 30s...
Ravage- The Chosen's only real damaging ability. Was neutered granted it was stupid strong. You'll hit this button 90% of the fight.
Cleave- Undefendable but the damage is sill less than Ravage. Even when you're dread spec, iirc.
Blast wave- 15s cooldown. It's useful every 15s as a wounds debuff.
Repel- Situational. Good for knocking people off cliffs and keeps. Used after Dizzying blow in peeling to give your casters/healers some time. 20s cooldown. Hardly part of a rotation.
Seeping Wounds- Does damage to a healer when coupled with the Discord spec tactic. Which is really just a waste of a tactic slot better used. Does slightly more damage damage over all than Ravage but over such an elongated period. But it takes 5 less AP than Ravage. No reason not to use it regardless.
Tooth of Tzeentch- Kind of situational? Good assisting on tank trains. If the tanks are in your group.
Suppression- Used mostly in PvE. Use it in PvP when melee is on you. No idea why mdps would ever target a Chosen for anything other than peeling.
Baneshield- 30s cooldown. Not in rotation.

So here is how the Chosen plays:
Seeping wound --> Tooth of Tzeentch --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage

Sometimes Dizzying Blow --> Repel

Use timers once every 20s/30s.

Continue Seeping wound --> Tooth of Tzeentch --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage

Shivashanti

Post#793 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm

unowien wrote:
Tesq wrote:

First off, I'm no asking for more abilities. I'm asking for a rebalance to make more of the ones we have useful. Secondly, let's narrow this down. You list all the abilities like some aren't useless and other's aren't pve/rvr specific. You aren't using all of those abilities in every situation. Here's the ability list split and broken down. I'll put rotation order at the end. For the sake of this explanation, we are going to look at the Chosen in T4.

PvP abilities
Dizzying Blow- Situational. Used for peeling more than anything
Wihering Blow- Usefulness is highly questionable. People regain AP in so many ways at such rapid rates that it's not even worth wasting your AP to use this in T4.
Touch of Palsy- Useful but on a 20s cooldown. Hardly part of a rotation.
Sever Blessing- Questionable. It kills one at random and with all blessings on insta-cast...
Petrify- Has this ability ever worked properly? In theory it's good for peeling and stopping runners. If it works. Also on a 60s cooldown. You'll hit it maybe once in a fight.

PvE Abilities
Enraging Blow- needs no explanation. Takes the place of Ravage in tanking.

All-Around
Taunt- 15s cooldown. The idea is nice. But when the Chosen does such low damage since the Ravage nerf, 30% of miniscule is only slightly less miniscule.
Challenge- 30s cooldown. Good to use on a cluster of mdps. Once every 30s...
Ravage- The Chosen's only real damaging ability. Was neutered granted it was stupid strong. You'll hit this button 90% of the fight.
Cleave- Undefendable but the damage is sill less than Ravage. Even when you're dread spec, iirc.
Blast wave- 15s cooldown. It's useful every 15s as a wounds debuff.
Repel- Situational. Good for knocking people off cliffs and keeps. Used after Dizzying blow in peeling to give your casters/healers some time. 20s cooldown. Hardly part of a rotation.
Seeping Wounds- Does damage to a healer when coupled with the Discord spec tactic. Which is really just a waste of a tactic slot better used. Does slightly more damage damage over all than Ravage but over such an elongated period. But it takes 5 less AP than Ravage. No reason not to use it regardless.
Tooth of Tzeentch- Kind of situational? Good assisting on tank trains. If the tanks are in your group.
Suppression- Used mostly in PvE. Use it in PvP when melee is on you. No idea why mdps would ever target a Chosen for anything other than peeling.
Baneshield- 30s cooldown. Not in rotation.

So here is how the Chosen plays:
Seeping wound --> Tooth of Tzeentch --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage

Sometimes Dizzying Blow --> Repel

Use timers once every 20s/30s.

Continue Seeping wound --> Tooth of Tzeentch --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage --> Ravage
you know that tank classes are not there to do dmg, but to do some cc, take dmg of your grp over guard and taunts, stress healers with kd and taunts, etc., etc. and especially chosens debuff whole enemy grps and buff your grp over the auras?.....so there is no point to spam ravage... :roll:

unowien

Post#794 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 pm

If you read the posts you would know I'm not asking for damage. Just for the abilities to be reworked and made actually useful. The reason why ravage spam is a thing is because Chosen's have nothing to do for 20-30 seconds at a time other than cycle guards/snare and ravage. So many of their abilities are useless. I listed it all above.

On the topic of "tanks aren't supposed to do damage" I have one word for you. Ironbreaker.

Tesq

Post#795 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:54 pm

I was giving a complete answer but it would require a text wall and they told me to avoid text walls, so put it simple for me your analysis is totaly wrong sorry.

mickeye

Post#796 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Hello,
just a quick question here. Does bolster increase your ability level? It seems to me, that bolster only increase level of character, not level of his abilities. So even though you're bolstered to level 11(or 21) your abilities still do same amount of damage/healing like on your real level. If that's true, is this on to do list for near future? It would help new players/characters in PvP quite a bit.
Thanks for reply.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#797 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 pm

mickeye wrote:Hello,
just a quick question here. Does bolster increase your ability level? It seems to me, that bolster only increase level of character, not level of his abilities. So even though you're bolstered to level 11(or 21) your abilities still do same amount of damage/healing like on your real level. If that's true, is this on to do list for near future? It would help new players/characters in PvP quite a bit.
Thanks for reply.
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/895
Github / Tighub / Stack

mickeye

Post#798 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Ok, thanks for reply.

Seems like medium priority is what it takes... Well I hope it will get fixed soonish, so low lvl wouldnt be that painful to play in PvP.
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#799 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 pm

mickeye wrote:Ok, thanks for reply.

Seems like medium priority is what it takes... Well I hope it will get fixed soonish, so low lvl wouldnt be that painful to play in PvP.
level up then? ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Sy1ver

Post#800 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Seems like only forum whine can move forward such important things like correctly working bolster =)
Fluffy Samurais
Spellbraker \ Goryachiy