Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Career Builder

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Turino

RoR Career Builder

Post#1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Pleased to announce a new online Career Builder:

http://ror.builders

As an active and long time WAR/RoR player I’m happy to maintain, host and improve the web app into the future.

The code is available on Github. For those interested, it's written in React.

The site is based on the long running (and fantastic) waronlinebuilder.org. The approach/mechanism to selecting level is intentionally different. I'm hoping it is useful, in particular, to new WAR players.

I spent a fair amount of time making the web app usable on mobile devices, so please take advantage of this.

Please report bugs directly to Github if possible (nice to have them all in the same place). There are sure to be a few!

Please use this forum thread for improvement suggestions and general feedback.

Hope you find it useful, T.

Ads
Tesq

Re: RoR Career Builder

Post#2 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:03 pm

some suggestion

1) for new player add a description for every path ( could be hard dont know if we have somewhere the old live site description )/ and a very general class description around class meccanic

2) show a 4 tactic slot to see all selected tactics togheter

3)make ppl able to click directly onto the path level instead only add by click +

4) add numbers to mastery level slot in the path

5)ask someone to implement it directly on ror portal near about so that new player can use it and we have a direct builder on the site.

6) replace:

home> order > classname > sub-archtype

with

home > classes > order or destru > classname > (remove sub -archtype)

bug(not really one):

chosen discordiant fluciation aura on 3rd path is wrong it's the old icon which was the same of the stag, if you go on the armory thread there is a file with every icon; even skill. They are all named abi. So should be easy to find the good one (abi.ch.violetfire) if you cannot find it let me know.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Twyxx

Post#3 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Oooh, shiny!

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:11 pm

really nice.

Second Tesqs suggestion on clicking the paths and the builder telling you what level you need to be.

urururu

Post#5 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:20 pm

thanks!

is there a way to define the tactics in use? sometimes you spec for tactics but don't actually select them.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#6 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Nice one!
also: Blackorc "down ya go" should be 9 points in RoR
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:30 pm

sullemunk wrote:Nice one!
i alredy reported sm/bo swap on github

Turino

Post#8 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Tesq wrote:some suggestion

1) for new player add a description for every path ( could be hard dont know if we have somewhere the old live site description )/ and a very general class description around class meccanic

2) show a 4 tactic slot to see all selected tactics togheter

3)make ppl able to click directly onto the path level instead only add by click +

4) add numbers to mastery level slot in the path

5)ask someone to implement it directly on ror portal near about so that new player can use it and we have a direct builder on the site.

6) replace:

home> order > classname > sub-archtype

with

home > classes > order or destru > classname > (remove sub -archtype)

bug(not really one):

chosen discordiant fluciation aura on 3rd path is wrong it's the old icon which was the same of the stag, if you go on the armory thread there is a file with every icon; even skill. They are all named abi. So should be easy to find the good one (abi.ch.violetfire) if you cannot find it let me know.
Thanks for the feedback Tesq.

1) This is a good idea. If anybody knows if this information already lives somewhere that would be really helpful. If not, I suppose I could try and write something myself (for class mechanic). As for Path descriptions, I would find this hard to write myself as I don't each class path well enough...

2) I thought about this a long while ago. Maybe I will add some sort of footer layer which mimics the tactics, abilities and morales bars within the game. Quite a big UI change, but something I will give some thought to.

3) This is on my list but didn't make it to release.

4) Should be a quick win. Will add it high on the list.

5) Would be nice. Will depend on if the RoR guys/gals feel this is a useful enough tool I guess.

6) What is your thinking here?

Currently we are running with in the breadcrumb:

Home | <faction> | <race> | <class>

Would it be useful if clicking on <faction> filtered the careers in the sidebar? Same for <race>? e.g. if you are on Chosen and click "Destruction" then only destruction careers are shown in the menu. Same principle for <race> and <class>. I thought about this but wasn't sure if it would be useful or not.

7) Regarding the wrong ability icon, if you can give me a link to the abilities that would be great. I am already missing an Archmage icon so that would be great.

Ads
Turino

Post#9 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:42 pm

sullemunk wrote:Nice one!

This should be fixed now hopefully

Turino

Post#10 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:43 pm

urururu wrote:thanks!

is there a way to define the tactics in use? sometimes you spec for tactics but don't actually select them.
Apologies but I'm not sure I understand this. Can you explain a little more?