Recent Topics

Ads

[Set Preview] Bloodlord

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Skullgrin

Re: [Set Preview] Bloodlord

Post#11 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:27 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 pm Mixing sets is fine with us, that's why we made lower set bonuses provide lower stats (significantly less efficient than live as you lose considerable stats on your 2pc). You miss out on the procs by stacking raw stats, these are generally tuned to specific playstyles and aren't intended to be a wide flat bonus (although some certainly are).

Wouldn't that basically force you to go deep into a set for the stats you're looking for? If we build this set with stat bonuses deeper in, it wouldn't be stronger compared to stacking 3+3 currently. I think that might make the set even less desirable as prior sets would still be able to stack 3+3 or 3+4 and the latest one wouldn't. At low set pieces we would need to put in relatively weak procs like what you would find on weapons to keep things balanced. Then you might see something like 2+2+3 for a lesser proc and 3 stat bonuses instead.

To make something like that viable, we would need to revisit how stats and procs are allocated across pretty much all of the T4 sets to make it hard set on making stat stacking less viable, and that's not something we really want to entirely discourage to begin with. Also it's a lot of work without some pretty deep advanced planning.

Yep, I kinda feel that way about moving the wounds stat, and I hesitated mentioning it but you were looking for suggestions to encourage full set use. You could always go the other way and buff the procs. Oh, on a vaguely related topic, is there a chart anywhere of all the procs that are in-game (both created by Mythic and by you guys)? It would be interesting to see just what is possible as far as procs go.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:35 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:27 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 pm Mixing sets is fine with us, that's why we made lower set bonuses provide lower stats (significantly less efficient than live as you lose considerable stats on your 2pc). You miss out on the procs by stacking raw stats, these are generally tuned to specific playstyles and aren't intended to be a wide flat bonus (although some certainly are).

Wouldn't that basically force you to go deep into a set for the stats you're looking for? If we build this set with stat bonuses deeper in, it wouldn't be stronger compared to stacking 3+3 currently. I think that might make the set even less desirable as prior sets would still be able to stack 3+3 or 3+4 and the latest one wouldn't. At low set pieces we would need to put in relatively weak procs like what you would find on weapons to keep things balanced. Then you might see something like 2+2+3 for a lesser proc and 3 stat bonuses instead.

To make something like that viable, we would need to revisit how stats and procs are allocated across pretty much all of the T4 sets to make it hard set on making stat stacking less viable, and that's not something we really want to entirely discourage to begin with. Also it's a lot of work without some pretty deep advanced planning.

Yep, I kinda feel that way about moving the wounds stat, and I hesitated mentioning it but you were looking for suggestions to encourage full set use. You could always go the other way and buff the procs. Oh, on a vaguely related topic, is there a chart anywhere of all the procs that are in-game (both created by Mythic and by you guys)? It would be interesting to see just what is possible as far as procs go.
Strangely, Mythic left a ton of stuff in the client related to different proc levels that were never implemented. Stuff like Boost V actually have the full I, II, III, IV, etc, variants built in. Just a matter of activating them and putting them into a system somewhere. Other procs scale based off item level, so they can be used as the same proc and scale up on their own. These were more often used, probably because lazy/easy to implement.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Musica

Post#13 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm
Musica wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 pm Mh, as of now we kinda lack a set that can provide a power spike with only 3 pieces like DP used to do and some classes really can't go for the "whole set" thinghy.
Please, consider "working" the bonuses to provide value in mixing this set with the previous end game sets.
I can't speak for many classes, but i can speak for BW and say that we really have a lackluster gear progression currently.
Unfortunately for your wishes, we've taken a design stance to make sets more valuable as you gain pieces to try and mitigate mixing sets as much as possible. If anything I would say BW suffers from a lack of variety in gear because they have no real defensive spec like other classes might, and solely need to stack crit and int to advance. By the time you reach Bloodlord, your Int is likely to be capped, and we're rather conservative with crit. So it will likely be a marginal upgrade, or unexciting side-grade for you.

If you're looking for significant gear progression as we go above RR50ish stuff, I will accept your disappointment in advance.
While i understand what you mean by "BW not having a def spec", i don't understand why being a class with only DPS has option we need to suffer from this. As much as you can get tanky on BW, your role is to blow yourself up with as many enemies as possible in the least amount of time.
Currently, i have all the sets that are worth something and the only missing one is Sentinel of which i will need only the accessory.
Invader and Sentinel both do not provide any upgrade over Onslaught and Vanquisher is still a better option all around.
The last two set introduced are there for show and, standing by your words, the next one is gonna be next to useless too.

If a class that's meant to do high-end dps while heavily self-damaging itself, can't progress more into the damage, can i ask you what plans do you have for BW players?
We do only that. Crit and DPS. If you don't make us advance there is really no point and we will be ultimately left behind by the others who are able to get consistent bonuses from new gear.

The only other viable option is to make a set that, if used fully, gives us a huge boost(Which comes then with a tradeoff in either RR abilities or tacts slot), and if you guys want to go for that, sure, but don't turn it in another Invader.
I hope i'm not coming off as rude or off-putting because i'm really just trying to understand what is the direction you guys have in mind.

Also, does this mean that DP set(If and when introduced) will be changed from the live version of it?

Stortz

Post#14 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:55 am

what appearance will they have?

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Blood Lord

Post#15 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:16 am

I believe this set will be a dps set for dok/wp so my suggestion is for those 2 classes.

Currently the BIS is a mix so I would like to see the 7 piece bonus at least be tempting

Example the 2h weapon proc seen on some classes. On hit 10 percent chance to increase crit by 9 percent and critical DMG by 12 percent for 9 seconds.

1 piece str
2 piece wounds
3 piece str(yes double)
4 piece WS
5 piece 5 percent crit
6 piece reduce target int/ while increasing own
7 piece the proc I mentioned above

Aurandilaz

Post#16 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm Can you actually include some useful 4pc 5pc 6pc bonuses, so we can try something else than the usual 3+3+3 (Vanq/Conq/Domi/Sent/Beastlord) combinations since higher piece bonuses tend to be complete mysteries to various classes and it's better to just stack stats instead.

I have full Sentinel on 4 chars and at most I am using 3pieces for Str+Wounds combos, if not just 2pc. No reason why Bloodlord has to suffer same fate...
Elaborate? Perhaps an example.
I was running 3pc Sentinel on Choppa, because none of the above (4 5 6 7) piece bonuses made sense
I have 2sentinel (belt + jewel) on WE + 5 OS, no need to get more Sentinel because bonuses don't really help.
I am not even running Sentinel on Sorc despite having grinded 7pc jewel, because I would lose stats from dropping crit from Genesis and Sentinel bonuses are questionable choices.
I am not even running Sentinel on WL because Vanq + BL combo ends giving more stats and Sentinel bonuses are mysterious ??? picks.
I will one day grind Sent on BW (atm only need boots 5/6 done), but as on Sorc, I will just equip them once to get Ward, then put them into the bank because the set bonuses do not compete well against running my current 4 OS 2 Conq (could upgrade to Vanq for +9 INt yay) 5 Genesis.

Either giving unique cool 2 3 4 pc bonuses that are worthy of picking, or actually having valuable 5pc 6pc 7pc bonuses that make using full set worth it, so people actually use the set instead of it being "filler" method for getting next ward, and then dumping said set into bank corner.

The dungeon will be harder than current dungeons by certain level - I can only expect massive groups wipes on certain bosses, even with good parties because of some very promising/interesting/challenging mechanics. Final wing bosses will possibly be too much for many casual PvE adventurers - the set gained from completing Bastion Stairs should maybe just be worth using?

Collateral

Post#17 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:33 am

I would love to see more bonuses focused on your group, rather than yourself. This is a group game after all, no? We saw some of that with vanq gear (and invader), like damage reduction on tanks. But since it doesn't stack it's quite underwhelming, and still doesn't really justify using the whole set. Something class unique would be cool also, but of course that's a ton of work and understandably it's unlikely to happen.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am

Considering sham/am set stats, please don't add less crit chance than on Oppressor set or it won't even be worth looking at.
Dying is no option.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:26 pm

I see we need to review procs holistically across many sets. Crit in particular and probably Boost V specifically.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jayjaywarrior

Post#20 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:58 pm

the way that makes most sense to me to make full sets better is.
increasing the stat steal gain lets just use double for my post and vanquisher aswell, so you could gain 220 weaponskill and debuff 200 toughness, it is atleast useful to get more weaponskill from this proc on a WE because pierce armor will generally steal more or about the same amount of weapon skill depending on how many points you invest and how worth it it is to pick up the skill for the points invested because its slightly higher damage value.
Double the crit gained, as a toon that isn't stacking str (yet) i sit around 500 str everyone else sits at or near 1000.(and soon to stack crit/str set stacking)
Make talismans worth it by doing all this, at the end of vanquisher set you get a 4% damage buff witch to me is not worth 2% crit i can also get. so make it better then all the other options simillar to what beastlord has when stacking sets, to elaborate if i wanted to take a 4 piece bonus from dominator and a 5 piece from beastlord for crit i could not do this. thus making the 6 or 7 piece set bonus quite hefty or something like that