Recent Topics

Ads

Question about Keep NPC

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dana
Former Staff

Question about Keep NPC

Post#1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 am

Hello everyone,

in this video around 1:50 you can see the order keep -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAwdetwwvNQ

It seems like destro took it and the destro npc spawned.

Now my questions. I know the guards/keep lord/trainer/vendor spawn inside but I never saw that npc and destro flags spawn in front of the keep. Is that normal when destro take the keep or was it a guild feature or something like this?

And in this video you can see a vendor selling all of the obliterator set items -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9EKzgFm8Rk

was that normal too?I only know chest from golden loot bags , gloves from vendor , boots from players.

Greetings
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Ads
Luth

Re: Question about Keep NPC

Post#2 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:51 am

I think the flags in front of the keep have been removed (maybe to avoid problems with collision detection). I can't remember them.

On guards outside of the keep:
The old keep claim & upgrade system allowed for extra guards that patrol in groups (i think 5) around the keep. These where normal mobs iirc.
The guards inside the keep where always there even in non-upgraded keeps, but could be upgraded to champs as far as i remember (maybe the patrols outside too).
The more upgrades the the keep had, the more upkeep it costs for the guild.
I don't remember any npcs outside of a keep if it was unclaimed.

I think the vendors came with the "gear inflation patch", that lowered the level requirements for the gear, not sure though.
Imo the vendors shouldn't be needed, if the gear fit's to the content/level range it is meant for.

Dana
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:01 am

Thank you
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Gerv
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:05 am

I believe in answer to your first question it was normal, the red/black destruction banners the the front, the ones inside, looked like they were half in the floor, maybe they were supposed to be on the second floor, given this was back in 2008. Luth is right about the guards, but you were able to upgrade them to champion guards to. I also agree with no guards outside the keep if it was un-claimed.

The second question, towards the end, yes you could purchase all the set pieces from a vendor, this was because towards the end the lower tiers were very quiet and enabled people to complete the sets.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

heteryk

Post#5 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:09 am

If this wll be enough

"Claiming Keeps
A Guild, assuming it has achieved the proper level, may 'claim' keeps in the game, once they are captured. Though any non-guilded player can take part in assaulting a keep and can capture it for their realm to gain the RvR benefits of owning a keep, once the battle has been won, a guilded player carrying a banner can capture the central point of the keep so that its control is switched to the player's respective guild. This is done by clicking on one of two banners on the wall of the top floor of the keep. Claiming a keep will allow the guild to hang their banner from the keep ramparts, along with any banners captured from enemy guilds. Controlling a keep will also give a bonus to the guild's rank.

Maintaining ownership of a keep comes with an upkeep cost. This cost is automatically deducted every 5 minutes from the guild bank. Tier 2 Keep = ?s every 5 mins Tier 3 Keep = ?s every 5 mins Tier 4 keep = 20s every 5 mins"

Source: http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Keep

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:58 am

Moving keep guards outside of a keep stay there (until they die, they can't respawn unless it is claimed), if you release your claim on that keep. Same goes for upgraded guards inside.
Dying is no option.