Recent Topics

Ads

Future Plans - Cosmetic Gear

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Torgrimmerr

Re: Future Plans - Cosmetic Gear

Post#451 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Dackle wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm Since we are talking about appearance, how about the top tier mounts (Warquarters) being available for appearance. I can understand the reason to not implement the mounts because of the 75% speed increase, but the appearance would be nice. Thank you.
I would agree, I too understand why they will not be in-game for the purpose of the 75% speed, but can we still get the looks of then put into game as an item of reward to purchase as a special reward to get for an accomplishment. "Cosmitic Gear"
Order:
Torgrimmerrr: Slayer/ Torggying: Rune Priest
Destro:
Torgrimmer: Chopper/ Ringobloody: Maulder

Ads
szejoza

Post#452 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Imo they could be a reward for taking fort or city (with speed as current highest lvl mounts, just for vanity). If they are added as an option available to everyone then obviously everyone will ride on more fancy looking mounts
Spoiler:

Elftwin95

Post#453 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi all! I just found a very nice looking bow, and was wondering if it will be available in the game at some point?
https://imgur.com/a/YsyDvzt
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

madwasp

Post#454 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi RoR Developers! Could you implement chaos warhorse mount instead of disk(remove disk feature) for the magus? (Similar mount as zelot, chosen, mara)

My second question....
What about more kind of mounts(visual appearance of mounts, chaos beasts, etc) plan in the future?

TY and keep up da great work! :)

fnordsnafu

Post#455 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am

First of all: Thanks, guys! Thank you so, so much for bringing back my favorite MMO ever*!

Second: how can I help?

One really teeny tiny thing I'd totally be willing to implement myself ("retired" game dev - please PM me so I can point to my LinkedIn/MobyGames profiles): what about having NPC mobs move around at least a little?

Why? - Earlier this morning I logged in hope to play a few quick scenarios and for more than one hour not a single one popped. ORVR felt dead as well, so I spent a while trying to do solo PVE. Which is, you'll agree, positively mind-numbing in this game. By having mobs move around - at least a little, say, randomly anywhere within their spawn-area - I'd at least have to worry about situational awareness as is necessary in basically any other MMO in existence.

If this is only a problem in lower levels and PVE eventually picks up later - please disregard that message :P - in ye olden days I played WaR mostly because it allowed me to solely do PVP/RVR, even for leveling and never really dabbled in PVE past the point of the first scenario pop ;)

Anyway: I'm willing to help / able to fix things on my own - I'd be happy to hear from you!

*actually the single MMO in existence that captured altitis-ridden me up to max level

Ottmar

Post#456 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:06 pm

madwasp wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm Hi RoR Developers! Could you implement chaos warhorse mount instead of disk(remove disk feature) for the magus? (Similar mount as zelot, chosen, mara)

My second question....
What about more kind of mounts(visual appearance of mounts, chaos beasts, etc) plan in the future?

I'm not sure you really appreciate the complexity of what you are asking for here. When Mythic originally produced the game they would have put hundreds if not thousands of hours into the animation for a Magus on the disk. Now I'm unsure whether you're asking for complete removal of the disk so in combat they stand on the ground, or just a removal of their faster movement disk in favour of a horse, but either way it would take a ridiculous amount of time and knowledge to do it for literally no benefit.

I'm afraid to say that with 99% certainty you will literally never see that happen.

madwasp

Post#457 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Ottmar wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:06 pm
madwasp wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm Hi RoR Developers! Could you implement chaos warhorse mount instead of disk(remove disk feature) for the magus? (Similar mount as zelot, chosen, mara)

My second question....

I'm not sure you really appreciate the complexity of what you are asking for here. When Mythic originally produced the game they would have put hundreds if not thousands of hours into the animation for a Magus on the disk. Now I'm unsure whether you're asking for complete removal of the disk so in combat they stand on the ground, or just a removal of their faster movement disk in favour of a horse, but either way it would take a ridiculous amount of time and knowledge to do it for literally no benefit.

I'm afraid to say that with 99% certainty you will literally never see that happen.
There were plans for these both on mythic(magus without disk), and there are animations in big data file for this, as i heard. As a lot differenet mounts too. Even ror forums mentioned alternative mounts for chaos, and horned squiog for sh...etc....and a proper/true dev can give a proper answer for these questions. (not A skeptic)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#458 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

fnordsnafu wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am First of all: Thanks, guys! Thank you so, so much for bringing back my favorite MMO ever*!

Second: how can I help?

One really teeny tiny thing I'd totally be willing to implement myself ("retired" game dev - please PM me so I can point to my LinkedIn/MobyGames profiles): what about having NPC mobs move around at least a little?

Why? - Earlier this morning I logged in hope to play a few quick scenarios and for more than one hour not a single one popped. ORVR felt dead as well, so I spent a while trying to do solo PVE. Which is, you'll agree, positively mind-numbing in this game. By having mobs move around - at least a little, say, randomly anywhere within their spawn-area - I'd at least have to worry about situational awareness as is necessary in basically any other MMO in existence.

If this is only a problem in lower levels and PVE eventually picks up later - please disregard that message :P - in ye olden days I played WaR mostly because it allowed me to solely do PVP/RVR, even for leveling and never really dabbled in PVE past the point of the first scenario pop ;)

Anyway: I'm willing to help / able to fix things on my own - I'd be happy to hear from you!

*actually the single MMO in existence that captured altitis-ridden me up to max level

There is a subforum specifically for application to the source team. And pathing for mobs is something thats on out todo list but getting someone to work it in and more help overall in source is always needed.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#459 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:57 pm

"Females" Black Orcs incoming.
Spoiler:

Kalt

Post#460 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

😂😂😂
You made my day yali !