Recent Topics

Ads

New to the game, a rundown very much welcome

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Miszczu5647

Re: New to the game, a rundown very much welcome

Post#11 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Use some assist addon, like SwiftAssist for example. Choose one dps you want to assist and follow him. Believe me, you will see whole new, wonderful world :D
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Ads
Doom123

Post#12 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Will check it out, just did my first Keep defense at lvl 18, I got some scout tokens and such but I cant seem to find where I can purchase gear with them.

I remember there being some traders in Nordland (T1), but I tried to see what they offer and everything is just red and unpurchaseable.

Sesquap

Post#13 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 am
Miszczu5647 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:41 am Check here for SoR:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22771

About healers and ressing... well, they need to see you on the ground. Or maybe they are dps mode and forget to slot their res skill... Who knows. Click on them, use RMB on portrait, select "tell" and ask for res. Sometimes works ;)
Will do, though it is hard to actually pick any target in a zerg though, friend or foe.

Is there an easier more precise way to target people, since just pressing Tab in a zerg till I get someone squishy is not really working out, and trying to press on an enemy when 12 allies are around him just makes me target the allies instead of the enemy.....
You gotta toy around with targetting keybinds, there are multiple options (nearest, cycle, ...).
I don't recall which one I found to be the most consistent and I can't check atm, however, for group play and assisting you'll want to use SwiftAssist.
Enemy's assist is workable, too, but it appears that it has latency-esque issues with the marks which turns the assisting into a messy affair of visual noise.

Doom123

Post#14 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Sesquap wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:32 pm
Miszczu5647 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:41 am Check here for SoR:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=22771

About healers and ressing... well, they need to see you on the ground. Or maybe they are dps mode and forget to slot their res skill... Who knows. Click on them, use RMB on portrait, select "tell" and ask for res. Sometimes works ;)
Will do, though it is hard to actually pick any target in a zerg though, friend or foe.

Is there an easier more precise way to target people, since just pressing Tab in a zerg till I get someone squishy is not really working out, and trying to press on an enemy when 12 allies are around him just makes me target the allies instead of the enemy.....
You gotta toy around with targetting keybinds, there are multiple options (nearest, cycle, ...).
I don't recall which one I found to be the most consistent and I can't check atm, however, for group play and assisting you'll want to use SwiftAssist.
Enemy's assist is workable, too, but it appears that it has latency-esque issues with the marks which turns the assisting into a messy affair of visual noise.
I am generally a solo player for now, so I am assuming Enemy Assist will do? Someone mentioned it in the game, where can I find this addon? Can you link it perhaps?

Sesquap

Post#15 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm

I am generally a solo player for now, so I am assuming Enemy Assist will do? Someone mentioned it in the game, where can I find this addon? Can you link it perhaps?
It's quite difficault to find an Enemy with stable intercoms, your best bet are BT/VinyUI resources, you can find them by searching these terms - I suggest you filter for topics, not posts, as relevant threads have relevant titles.
But I highly suggest to opt for SwiftAssist, as it's extremely barebone-QoL ~ most importantly
it works outside of groups, too, which Enemy doesn't, you have to establish intercom channels within your party/warband to use its assist functionality.

Heed my words: PvP revolves around assist, even if you soloqueue you want to be assisting properly. In most cases none but you will make a conscious effort to assist in pug environments, so having a consistent and reliable means to do so is crucial.

Doom123

Post#16 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Sesquap wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:34 pm
Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm

It's quite difficault to find an Enemy with stable intercoms, your best bet are BT/VinyUI resources, you can find them by searching these terms - I suggest you filter for topics, not posts, as relevant threads have relevant titles.
But I highly suggest to opt for SwiftAssist, as it's extremely barebone-QoL ~ most importantly
it works outside of groups, too, which Enemy doesn't, you have to establish intercom channels within your party/warband to use its assist functionality.

Heed my words: PvP revolves around assist, even if you soloqueue you want to be assisting properly. In most cases none but you will make a conscious effort to assist in pug environments, so having a consistent and reliable means to do so is crucial.
So SwiftAssist is downright better than enemy? Can you link that one?

And does that mod add the ability to see the warband leader more clearly? Someone mentioned one of those assist mods ingame is supposed to have it, but they dont know which one. Its pretty hard to follow the warband leader since there is no tag above him or anything to distinguish him.

Sesquap

Post#17 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 pm

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm ...
See the edit I made to your post in the addons section. I've included links.

zatoh

Post#18 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:30 am

Doom123 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm Will check it out, just did my first Keep defense at lvl 18, I got some scout tokens and such but I cant seem to find where I can purchase gear with them.

I remember there being some traders in Nordland (T1), but I tried to see what they offer and everything is just red and unpurchaseable.
If a vendor item is red your level or RR is too low, or your class can't use that item. Maybe the filter was turned off, making you see other classes' items. The filter controls are in the vendor window

For scout's medallions (T2 oRVR currency) the vendors are in the capital city. The Inevitable City is basically a mirror of Altdorf layout-wise so I'd bet the RVR merchants are in the southwestern district there, in Altdorf that's the War Quarter.

Ads