Recent Topics

Ads

Duo starting out

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Kellindell

Duo starting out

Post#1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi everyone, my friend and I want to jump in order side. He is playing a warrior priest, probably 2 handed because that is usually his deal.

Was wondering what would be a good pairing with that, and in general right now what is relevant and what is unplayable if anything exists like that.

Dont intend to RP or do much of anything other than RvR so I am not as concerned with style, look, RP etc... as I am with a play style I enjoy, being effective, and being good with my friend for when we are on our own.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ads
zabis

Re: Duo starting out

Post#2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:43 am

Play a tank, he's going to need a ton of guard
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Kellindell

Post#3 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 am

Thanks, I was considering tank. We are about to start playing a WP and a KOTBS in a table top campaign so I thought hey that might be fun. But looking at some stuff with KOTBS it doesn't look like it's what I want to do.

I remember on live I really loved sword master 2 hander or S&B, and I really liked Ironbreaker.

Of the three tanks, which should I go with?

Also if he is DPS warpriest and I guard him will he be able to keep me alive for all the damage im taking?

Manatikik

Post#4 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:26 am

Kellindell wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 am Thanks, I was considering tank. We are about to start playing a WP and a KOTBS in a table top campaign so I thought hey that might be fun. But looking at some stuff with KOTBS it doesn't look like it's what I want to do.

I remember on live I really loved sword master 2 hander or S&B, and I really liked Ironbreaker.

Of the three tanks, which should I go with?

Also if he is DPS warpriest and I guard him will he be able to keep me alive for all the damage im taking?
IB complements DPS WP very well and has an engaging mechanic/playstyle.
<Montague><Capulet>

Kellindell

Post#5 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:32 am

I remember IB being the last thing I played, I cycled through all the tanks and I remember really liking tanking in this game so I am fine with going tank.

What are some of the specific ways they compliment each other? Whats the differences between pairing SM with WP vs IB?

And thank you for your help everyone.

Manatikik

Post#6 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:35 am

Kellindell wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:32 am I remember IB being the last thing I played, I cycled through all the tanks and I remember really liking tanking in this game so I am fine with going tank.

What are some of the specific ways they compliment each other? Whats the differences between pairing SM with WP vs IB?

And thank you for your help everyone.

IB can buff a lot via Oathfriend and come with a solid armor debuff that WP needs. SM pairs decently as well but has a few less synergies.
<Montague><Capulet>

Kellindell

Post#7 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 am

Thanks.

If you happen to have builds for either class to work with a 2H WP cool, if not ill try the class forums.

Likeaboss

Post#8 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:26 am

If i'd play duo with WP, i'd be up for 2v3+

when you have an enemy healer and tank you want to snare and punt the tank, to burst the healer or DD down...
i think IB would do the best job here...

SM deals best dmg, but you cant buff your WP that well, like you could do with IB..

Kotbs is great, but is more a Tank for a full party than for a duo :)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Kellindell

Post#9 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:39 am

I was originally going to do KOTBS but opted out for that reason. Not that we are going to ignore groups and only play duo, I just want something that can do it and does it well.

If he changed his mind and went healer, what becomes the better tank? Still IB or is SM better since he isn't shooting for damage anymore.

Wdova

Post#10 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:20 am

IB is most suited for duoing.As 2h speced he can buff strenght +willpower, toughnes, armor, 25%parry + iniciative, 10% chance to crit, he can provide magic dmg absorb bubble, debuff enemy armor, out going heal debuff and crit chance. His CC arsenal are ondemand knockdown, single target knockback, if speced AOE knockback with snare, ST snare, AOE snare, AOE root,
If You didnt like IB for some reason, 2h knight Would be also perfect choice.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+