Recent Topics

Ads

Class with few abilities to press (hand condition)

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Lithenir

Re: Class with few abilities to press (hand condition)

Post#21 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 pm
Spoiler:
Lithenir wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm You can call bs on me because my rotation/build is different.
And these are not the 6 skills you need in that solo/hunting build. You need Leonine Frenzy for your pet to make more dmg and to make it snare-immune for Fetch and KD. And even if the Lion is Trained to Threaten I would still need Cleave Limb because I don't trust the Lion to snare my target exactly when I want it to be snared. Otherwise I need a keybind for the Lion-snare which still makes it a skill more to use. Even with LoyalPet I use my own snare.
WL is quite hard to master, I really wouldn't advice it for few buttons.

Quoting myself as it seems that went unread:
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:22 am So does every class if you want to exploit its potential. I have as much as 2 full bars of skills in my WP and I'm not calling anyone bs, cause I can see whr they are coming from, and that I don't particularly enjoy WP spams.
Lithenir wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm But if we go for the least skills you use 99% of the time why not advice WE/WH since you pointed out it takes only 5 buttons most of the time?
... but for any other gameplay or situation you need a lot of things to not die instantly before you can deal meaningful damage. The class can't withstand a Sorc/Magus enough time to reach them in mele until you get the Shroud if you aren't cloaked, neither has anything else other than the surprise until you build some survivability with knockdowns to allow you to deal damage before the enemy can exploit your laughable small health pool. The start of that comes at around level 25ish with the knockdown, combined later with the 2 secs invisibility + increased speed. It normally takes up to rr 50+ to be able to have a minimally decent equipment to overcome the class inherent weaknesses, and until then your only chances rely in using a crap ton of skills, cause there's no instance to increase survivability like SW/SH have, or a lion that you can throw at your target to snare them. I have 10 potions bookmarked in my WH skill bars, and I use them all very frequently.

So, yeah, late end game and group supported WE/WH are button spamers, but the road that leads there if you don't have a stable group is filled only with strong difficult situations and weaknesses, that only a ton of skills and potions can overcome. Or you can die, A LOT, without getting anything. Sure, you can also grind exclusively via scenarios to get a support group in an enclosed environment, but will be just that, grind to avoid the underdog trouble that this class has inherently to itself.
I love the first sentence the most. WL needs Detaunt to make dmg before he dies. At least in an SC environment. And also according to your 6 Buttons a WL only needs he cannot kill a Sorc/Magus or everything that can run, because of the need of a snare-break and snaring his target. And hunting down weak targets is what a WL is made for. At least IMHO, so you absolutely need your utility skills.

At least lets just agree to disagree.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#22 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

andy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:02 pm Hello!

I'm a returning player from AoR. Playing my old favourite SM again. Pretty easy to play and less buttons to mash with PlanB addon. And that fits me because I have a condition on my left hand. I'm curious though, if there is any other Order class that is easy to play? With easy, I mean few abilities to keybind and press. Might sound boring to you, but it helps me with my left hand condition.
I have a question for you. I understand why you want a class with a few abilities because of your hand condition. But wouldn't it be possible for you to just click the abilities with your mouse?

andy

Post#23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:03 pm

Lithenir wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm a returning player from AoR. Playing my old favourite SM again. Pretty easy to play and less buttons to mash with PlanB addon. And that fits me because I have a condition on my left hand. I'm curious though, if there is any other Order class that is easy to play? With easy, I mean few abilities to keybind and press. Might sound boring to you, but it helps me with my left hand condition.
I have a question for you. I understand why you want a class with a few abilities because of your hand condition. But wouldn't it be possible for you to just click the abilities with your mouse?
Ofc I could do that. I'm just used to keybind all skills. But hey, I got lots of tips. And I will try out KotBS, RP or WP. And I think I got the hang of NerfedButtons.

Thanks a bunch.

Lithenir

Post#24 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:17 pm

andy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:03 pm
Lithenir wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Ofc I could do that. I'm just used to keybind all skills. But hey, I got lots of tips. And I will try out KotBS, RP or WP. And I think I got the hang of NerfedButtons.

Thanks a bunch.
Then welcome to the bright side of Warhammer. Healer and Tanks are most welcome