Recent Topics

Ads

New player question Leveling

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
classyshade

New player question Leveling

Post#1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Hey I'm completely new to the game. Rolling black orc and I'm level 12. I plan to invest into brawler and Tank spec. I just had a question regarding leveling. I'm currently just working through the quest line leveling up. I noticed that lots of people to pvp at low levels. I was wondering what the reason for this is. Can you level up for doing pvp? Also what is RVE and scenarios. This game has different terminology then most mmos so I'm lost. And one final question. I was wondering what trade skills to learn. I herd butchery would be good but I'm not sure if that's true.

I know that's alot of questions but if you pros could answer these for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: New player question Leveling

Post#2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm

classyshade wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:02 pm Hey I'm completely new to the game. Rolling black orc and I'm level 12. I plan to invest into brawler and Tank spec. I just had a question regarding leveling. I'm currently just working through the quest line leveling up. I noticed that lots of people to pvp at low levels. I was wondering what the reason for this is. Can you level up for doing pvp? Also what is RVE and scenarios. This game has different terminology then most mmos so I'm lost. And one final question. I was wondering what trade skills to learn. I herd butchery would be good but I'm not sure if that's true.

I know that's alot of questions but if you pros could answer these for me that would be greatly appreciated.

you can absolutely level through PvP in the realm vs realm zones

and it is honestly more advisable to do so even if your getting destroyed

when you level in pve/quests you will gain exp but you won't gain renown rank exp which is like a second exp bar

in order to equip higher tier sets you will need renown rank levels you will also need renown rank levels to gain renown abilities which are stat boosts like + % chance to block, parry, reduce your chance to be crit or dodge ranged attacks

StrongUn

Post#3 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:18 pm

classyshade wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:02 pm Hey I'm completely new to the game. Rolling black orc and I'm level 12. I plan to invest into brawler and Tank spec. I just had a question regarding leveling. I'm currently just working through the quest line leveling up. I noticed that lots of people to pvp at low levels. I was wondering what the reason for this is. Can you level up for doing pvp? Also what is RVE and scenarios. This game has different terminology then most mmos so I'm lost. And one final question. I was wondering what trade skills to learn. I herd butchery would be good but I'm not sure if that's true.

Being rank 40 with low renown rank is a pain in the ass... trust me, i did it long time ago on my first char :lol:

If you have a low renown rank you wont get good pvp gear nor be able to use it.

Also you couldnt spend renown points in boosting your defensive stats like TeNTonHammer said

Sulorie

Post#4 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:13 pm

Like others have said, you can level up entirely by pvp and it is advised, even more so as a new and inexperienced player. You have to learn a lot. :-) Don't shy away from asking questions ingame, when you feel, that you struggle with anything.
Unlike pve questing and killing mobs, you will get better item rewards by pvp as well.
As you are lvl12, you will find better items form vendors in your capital city.
Dying is no option.

classyshade

Post#5 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Now it makes sense. Thanks for the advice

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 am

Stop doing pve => youre still 12, go to norland and go to rvr (press L and loock por open Warbands in the zone) => join wb, search in the map the wb members => meet them => put guard in one party member (better if melee dps, you need stay close him to guard working) => fo to frontline to push enemy line and protect your dps/healers. Get medallions and use them to buy rvr armor from vendors at the warcamp