Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo class

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
tefnaht

Best solo class

Post#1 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:35 am

Plays mostly solo, what class u recommend me?

White Lion looks interesting, but how good pet works? Basically, they have tons of bugs and control problems.

Ads
Vladthedad

Re: Best solo class

Post#2 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:06 am

I’d suggest Marauder for Destro. Recent buffs means it does good damage, has good survivability and has a ton of debuffs that are great.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

SuperStar

Post#3 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 am

Dps am I think if you wanna kill and like kite
Chosen or bg 2handed regen if you wanna be a unkillable monster

doxifera

Post#4 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 am

tefnaht wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:35 am Plays mostly solo, what class u recommend me?

White Lion looks interesting, but how good pet works? Basically, they have tons of bugs and control problems.
Try Sword Master, good dmg, good survivability.

wildwindblows

Post#5 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:37 am

Vladthedad wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:06 am I’d suggest Marauder for Destro. Recent buffs means it does good damage, has good survivability and has a ton of debuffs that are great.
Solo Marauder is totally headache, there are better solo classes like dps dok, dps bo, w.e. Marauder is a support class.

nat3s

Post#6 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:58 am

Ignore the above, Mara is trash tier in 1v1 (great WB class though). I've played most meta solo classes as it's my preferred playstyle. I'd happily debate this order with anyone:

1. DPS AM - No question, reigns supreme, no counter class, beats everything Destro has to offer 1v1 including your 2h chosen, def magus, dps shammy meta classes. Power is in the AP drain and the fact casting it doesn't interrupt your detaunt. You'd be surprised how many newb AM don't know this and instead start a 1v1 casting dots and die.

2. DPS Shammy - As above, AP drain on CD, outlive initial burst of enemy and you don't even need to kite. Best 1v1 spec is to take Do Sumfin Useful in Mork and You Got Nuthin in Green which a lot of people don't realise. Beats all Order class besides AM (can beat AM if AM plays too offensively without cleansing on CD).

3. Regen WE - 600 abs tactic, kiss heal tactic, full Regeneration from renown points, then hp/sec gear. Can reach 420hp regen which with the 600 abs tactic and toughness talis slotted makes you unkillable, use low point Ruthless Assault to consume your Witchbrew stacks for burst. Don't be seduced into needing to hit 1050 str softcap, power here is in Witchbrew being Corp dmg so you can slot those tough/armour talis.

4. Def magus - 700 toughness, 950 int, 10k hp with Aegis up and 2.7k armour. Need to understand your cc immunities, if you use stagger you can't use disarm, if you use rift you can't use knockback. Once you know which cc combo to use for each class/situation they can do awesome things. Like any solo class, you need pots, 3.6k rejuv, 1.8k officer + 2.4k Aegis heal and 1h staff heal is 8.8k+ self healing on top of your 700 toughness, very powerful. Beats everything 1v1 other than DPS AM and imo is the most fun due to cc options.

5. Def IB - Outlast most classes, loses to dps shammy (eventually) and a well played spirit Chosen, but can usually just choose to leave the fight. Good self healing and ok ish dmg for a 2h tank. Silky smooth if you setup Nerf Buttons properly.

6. Spirit Chosen - Spirit dmg so you no need for weapon skill allowing you to focus more on def. Destroys any melee, but like most 2h setups, you get kited.

7. Parry WH - The best melee stomper imo and can take on 2h solo tanks once you have the bonus points from Sov set to pick up both Blessed Blades and BAL.

8. DPS DoK - Bloodlord gear, heals a lot and does great dps. Dies to AM / def IB / Parry WH, but great pug stomper.

Ignore the echo chamber effect you see from the people screaming WL OP, WL don't make my top 10. In my experience players are blissfully unaware of the above meta picks. Your typical inexperienced solo roamer is usually trying to roam in a Zarbix style fully soft capped glass cannon setup which is complete dogshit against any proper 1v1 player. If you want to go full dps gear/renown then grab a healer, if you want to 1v1 then you need to be much more nuanced in your approach.
Last edited by nat3s on Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

jughurta69

Post#7 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 am

Vladthedad wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:06 am I’d suggest Marauder for Destro. Recent buffs means it does good damage, has good survivability and has a ton of debuffs that are great.
good dps ok , good survivability on mostro ok but in sava/bruta ...

agemennon675

Post#8 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:14 am

Probably Marauder, you can even sustain your own consumable/gold income if you want with Butchering pretty easily as well as being tanky dps with good aoe+utility
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#9 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 am

jughurta69 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 am
Monstro mara aoe damage is fine but flail skill which is your anytimer hits really low damage. You can do solo monstro marauder but you need to stack armor and your damage will decrease dramatically. Best mara damage build is sav/brut but this build have been nerfed to the ground so you can't go solo with with it. For solo game play, you need kd/brust to assassinate ppl or you need to be tanky with good damage. DPS Dok has nice hp regen, life steal and really good burst finisher. DPS BO is more tankier than mara and has kd and brust.

nat3s

Post#10 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:30 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 am
jughurta69 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 am
Monstro mara aoe damage is fine but flail skill which is your anytimer hits really low damage. You can do solo monstro marauder but you need to stack armor and your damage will decrease dramatically. Best mara damage build is sav/brut but this build have been nerfed to the ground so you can't go solo with with it. For solo game play, you need kd/brust to assassinate ppl or you need to be tanky with good damage. DPS Dok has nice hp regen, life steal and really good burst finisher. DPS BO is more tankier than mara and has kd and brust.

Ignore the posts suggesting Mara is good 1v1 and read my post above, gives you all the answers to the current meta. Anyone going for bursting people down is talking about pug stomping. True meta 1v1 classes will destroy someone in a glass cannon burst setup.

Too much noise in this thread from people who think they know about 1v1 meta, but don't :)
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG