Recent Topics

Ads

SW or BW beginner choice

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Foofmonger

Re: SW or BW beginner choice

Post#11 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:07 pm

kayin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:42 pm For rdps as order play bw or engie. Only play sw if your a masochist as destro will target you first no matter what. (destro fighting a tank and healer in melee and have both under 20% health but see a sw 65 ft away at full health, immediately swap to sw to chase it down too kill it even if it means being kited to death. ) [personal experience]
Archmages are first actually, you are a close second.

Ads
kayin

Post#12 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Yeah in higher rr matches i can see that cause AM actually hurts, this was more of a fresh 40 to rr 70 range

elyks

Post#13 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:34 pm

If you chose to go BW as many people suggested, just be aware that you will be more dependent on group support than sw.
BW have a self damaging mechanics, so you will be more dependent on healers.

eliottos77

Post#14 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:35 pm

ty all of u

Foofmonger

Post#15 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 pm

kayin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm Yeah in higher rr matches i can see that cause AM actually hurts, this was more of a fresh 40 to rr 70 range
I'm not sure it's even a logical decision. It seems almost to be just "skinny elves in robes" that fuels some kind of subconscious destro desire to destroy.

As a Marauder, I for some reason go out of my way to kill Archmages and SWs even when it's not the optimal decision for whatever context the fight is. I've gotten myself killed more the a few times trying to chase AMs down for stupid reasons.

kayin

Post#16 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 pm
kayin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm Yeah in higher rr matches i can see that cause AM actually hurts, this was more of a fresh 40 to rr 70 range
I'm not sure it's even a logical decision. It seems almost to be just "skinny elves in robes" that fuels some kind of subconscious destro desire to destroy.

As a Marauder, I for some reason go out of my way to kill Archmages and SWs even when it's not the optimal decision for whatever context the fight is. I've gotten myself killed more the a few times trying to chase AMs down for stupid reasons.
I think you proved my point 100%. Just something about squishy elves that destto is just drawn to beat on.

zulnam

Post#17 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 pm

100% BW if you don't want to subject yourself to the pain of investing in a class that has no place in end-game warbands.

Like, literally no place.

But, if you want to do damage... still BW.

SW is only useful in small-scale and even then questionable and melee spec.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

SaintRon

Post#18 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:09 pm

So.... what people aren't saying is that a solo BW in scenarios is going to be a rough ride for a new player. Smart players will also go for the BW first because even passing damage can cause them problems. You'll have to learn to manage your self damage mechanic.

People will say every class in bad that they don't play and in my opinion any class can work with practice and the right set up, but SWs are going to feel a bit dark soul'ish.

Assault/skirmisher SWs are pretty nice in scenarios though.

Ads
SaintRon

Post#19 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:49 pm

You do not want to leave a good or even mediocre archmage/shaman up in a scenario.

Artwork

Post#20 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:26 am

I've had 6 or 7 R40/RR40+ SWs on various servers since live, and on here since, the highest one wearing full Sov gear. It is/was easily my favorite class. I don't play SW at all any longer. It's pointless now, unless as has been noted that you enjoy playing a ranged class as a melee class (the only viable spec at the moment compared to BW or Engi) or you are just a contrarian who thinks everyone else must be wrong and that you alone know better. At RR70+, if you are a very good player, you can have a completely mediocre toon (non ASW.) Mind you, the same player would be regarded as a beast playing on a BW or Engi, but to each his own.