Recent Topics

Ads

Realm wide celebrations for rr80+ dings

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Realm wide celebrations for rr80+ dings

Post#1 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,

In a constant struggle to find ways to maintaine the average playerbase's attention after they fully deck out their main chars, before rerolling and doing the same on an other char.
Why not just embracing the fact that we are a small community, on a private server.
So I was thinking about a little harmless thing that maybe can bring us closer together, give some insentive for some (accept this is not for everyone) to continue using their high rank toons where the sence of progression is far between.

Basicly whenever a char is reaching any renown rank higher than 80+ a realmwide message will shoutout the playername and congratulating them on their new rank, while a 50% renown and exp bonus is active for all players online at this time on the same realm, for say, one hour. It's not gamebreaking, its a fun little gestus, and hopefully brings us a little closer together on the realms.

I was thinking just white text on the center of the screen like when Team members do an announcements in yellow, just short and brief.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Mattia1981

Re: Realm wide celebrations for rr80+ dings

Post#2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:12 am

I hope developers will arrange this and you deserve a cheering for this by the whole community, well thought!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:13 am

something like live had for rr 100. Though it came with getting the player who got the rank also a lot bigger.

Its interesting and might be added, at least in some form. Though I wont give a total yay/nay on it atm

anarchypark

Post#4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:34 am

one more reason to chase easy bonus?
aka xrealm.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Goermsi

Post#5 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am

Very nice idea! Can only join the creator there. Such a short text with congratulations... maybe a "cake" by mail that you can "share" with others to give them an entertaining buff for experience ... somehow so... an absolutely nice gimmick that would add a certain cordiality to the game :-)
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

madrocks
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:25 am

Cool idea!
Lutz

warlover

Post#7 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:01 pm

I like it :)

Rydiak

Post#8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm

This sounds like a fun idea, and a nice bonus for 80+ people who keep chasing the renown dragon.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Direbloodykiller

Post#9 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Nice idea Bombling, i like it