Recent Topics

Ads

anyone feel balance BIAS?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jonyjones

anyone feel balance BIAS?

Post#1 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:15 pm

I just read 1st page of marauder Gom balance discussiion, am i alone feelling ppl playing mostly order want all advantage confessing some to destru to not be seen as thief. The trade in the sense of businees with a plus value.
TE checks so its definitely not like a wl you can send at 50% speed bonus before corner, TE cant be cast since there will be loss. Or just before out of range you dismount send lion/charge and GG.
Or the kd on left tree of wh, you want the kd but not he damage that go with? i dont have pb with wh having kd as WE if WE get 5sec 100% parry too and mb some other stuff
I m not here to say what is balance, but ask if anyone else feel good willing ppl try negociate the game to fit what they think good, but good being very subjective, i use good and negociate because that seems we take this and we let you that because we are good ppl, and by that i can say nerfing crit bonus, 10s cd on no more helping and so on.
Maybe you just want to normalise dps on all char but i dont think thats how the game was designed, Wl have incredible mobility, im not sure beastmaster is the answer, im more on setting TE check bak to original, but that is my personnal opinion, and that not what im pointing.
I say that because i dont undersatnt why you add dps to CC dps )engee/magus) and you upped assaut stance to nerf kaboom????? squig needed big stance swap to do SOME aoe dps in stabbing, its not spammable like caster and you cant slot a 50%dmg tactic that make you dps lees for 5 sec when your pet killed, you can slot a tact that make 0s cd , but no damage increase and noon use it, so you spend 30 sec with not optimized pet, or like mara stance according to swap you get buff 30-50% of time.
So like i read on the mara balance post with a 2 component buff is needed to make 5 point , i can add example like multiple of 0, ....
T0 be continued

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: anyone feel balance BIAS?

Post#2 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 pm

It's a hard game to balance, tooltips aren't fully indicative off all changes made, lots of changes awaiting client control, there isn't a conspiracy to make order objectively better than destro or vice versa. Inb4lock

Dabbart

Post#3 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:59 pm

From the balance team's PoV, there is no hidden agenda or bias: both sides are played.

There may be bias from some of the commentators that frequent the forums, but I assure you that changes aren't being implemented/pushed for discussion, with the intent being to weaken/strengthen one realm over the other.

Nefarian78

Post#5 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 pm

I'm not one of those people that go around screaming "OMG BIAS" but sometimes, from a player perspective it's easy to feel that way and it's understandable. Lately Destro has been wrecked quite badly in the balance department.

I mean, just look at the population shift in the premade guilds since the SW buffs. 90% have moved to Order (or stopped playing) to the point that getting 6v6 Qs in Order is difficult or it's always the same people. That should say something about it.

The devs have no secret biased agenda, but i sure wish that some changes could wait before being implemented if the realm balance is already shaky to avoid what we're seeing now.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

adamthelc

Post#6 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:21 am

You are cherry picking your comparisons, if anything I would say your post is much less objective than the majority of posts you just read. Have you read the posts of all the people complaining about how Choppas compare to Marauders? They must want everything for order too?

Usually the people crying foul are the least objective people.

If you look at the most recent patch notes there is a nerf to order and a buff to destruction.

Complaining about balance is MOSTLY a waste of time. Nine times out of ten a win is going to be determined by something other than faction balance. The argument could be made that once you get to the highest levels of play it matters, as people are able to exploit cheezy tactics. Since everything else could be near equal that IS the difference. I think most people complaining about faction balance are not playing at that level though. I would like to think people at that level would be trying to come up with a way to counter that within the game as it is, rather than give up and blame the game.

What you complain about says a lot about you.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 pm I'm not one of those people that go around screaming "OMG BIAS" but sometimes, from a player perspective it's easy to feel that way and it's understandable. Lately Destro has been wrecked quite badly in the balance department.

I mean, just look at the population shift in the premade guilds since the SW buffs. 90% have moved to Order (or stopped playing) to the point that getting 6v6 Qs in Order is difficult or it's always the same people. That should say something about it.
Dat sum is up good. Pretty much what im thinking aswell!!
]

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#8 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:44 am

Torquemadra wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:39 am
davispeed wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 pm I'm not one of those people that go around screaming "OMG BIAS" but sometimes, from a player perspective it's easy to feel that way and it's understandable. Lately Destro has been wrecked quite badly in the balance department.

Dat sum is up good. Pretty much what im thinking aswell!!
Yeah those 2 melee shadow warriors sweep the land before them and bathe in the tears of the vanquished....

If something is OP, people play it because people are lazy yet we dont see swarms of assault shadow warriors, how peculiar....
I am pretty sure you are not able to see swarms of WLs too :D...
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#9 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:29 am

The massive shift in population in the premade scene (and in general) is a fact, like the fact that most order premades started bringing Assault SWs and that 95% of the SW population is now Assault specced. The almost complete disappearance of any form of organized play in Destro is also a fact. the forever long queues in order and then being matched against the same 1-2 premades left is also another fact.

Of course we don't see swarm of SWs, the class population was never high to begin with, and since leveling a character from 0 takes a lot of time, most are too lazy to even think of rerolling to the current class that is considered the FOTM.

Once more, i'm not trying to fling **** at you guys or calling you biased, i appreciate all the work you do, but saying that there's no problem at all is wrong...
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:53 am

I hope mara never gets old pull back, it was caustic bs that had a silly kill rate.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-