Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestions] QoL improvments to 6v6 scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caffeine

Post#1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm

I think these changes would greatly improve the quality of life for the competitive community on this server.

1. Remove guards from 6v6 scenarios
At the moment melee setups have a big disadvantage against range setups. This is because a range setup always has the option to reset the fight at will by kiting to guards. Without guards all setup match-ups become playable as teams can still kite in a circle (in Lost Temple of Isha which should always be the standard 6v6 scenario) if they want to but guards no longer provide an unfair advantage.

Another big downside of having guards is when fighting near a warcamp punting enemies becomes very risky as you generally want to avoid punting someone in to guards. When someone dies to guards any serious group will stop the fight and allow the opponents to reset. Playing this way wastes a lot of time and lets people reset cooldowns for free.

If you think that the spawn area needs to be protected you could surround it with a shield wall like the one in Saphery. This would also prevent healers from healing from inside the warcamp slope without having to come down.

1. Add renown trainers to warcamp area
When queuing up against groups that have much higher average renown rank it becomes very important to spec renown efficiently. If, for example, I have a lot of renown points allocated in Deft Defender and we queue up against a group with no BW those renown points are essentially wasted. Adding a renown trainer would give lowbie groups a little more flexibility when fighting high RR groups.

3. Add auto-resolve if someone crashes out of a 6v6 scenario (with no rewards and no quitter)
It takes considerable time to organize fights. If someone crashes while loading in to a 6v6 scenario or during a fight groups are forced to fight in open rvr which is not optimal. Scenarios (without guards) provide a nice sterile environment to fight other groups in a 15 minute format with the benefit of seeing a scoreboard and receiving renown and medallions.

Not getting a quitter debuff if someone crashed would allow groups to requeue right away and not getting any rewards when a scenario auto resolves is a perfectly reasonable trade-off.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
Urdeg

Re: [Suggestions] QoL improvments to 6v6 scenarios

Post#2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm

I don't see how removing guard will put melee characters at any less of a disadvantage when it comes to being kited, but you seem veey convinced. Would you mind explaining that thread of logic?
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Caffeine

Post#3 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Urdeg wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:53 pm I don't see how removing guard will put melee characters at any less of a disadvantage when it comes to being kited, but you seem veey convinced. Would you mind explaining that thread of logic?
Guards essentially provide a safespace for RDPS to freecast from without any possibility for counterplay. If a Bright Wizard is hugging the warcamp a marauder can use Flames of Fate on him but it's pointless because attempting to hit the BW would result in the whole group wiping to guards. You can't stagger+champ said BW for the same reason.
Last edited by Caffeine on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

kkprfx

Post#4 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 pm

+1
Gabber

marisco

Post#5 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Wasn't the whole point of disabling AnywhereTrainer to prevent people from respecing in scenarios to match the opposing team comp? :roll:

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 pm

marisco wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:38 pm Wasn't the whole point of disabling AnywhereTrainer to prevent people from respecing in scenarios to match the opposing team comp? :roll:
I think you'd be hard pressed to find any premades complaining about their opposition being able to respec to counter them, given that you yourselves could do the same! It resulted in fairer fights.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 pm
marisco wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:38 pm Wasn't the whole point of disabling AnywhereTrainer to prevent people from respecing in scenarios to match the opposing team comp? :roll:
I think you'd be hard pressed to find any premades complaining about their opposition being able to respec to counter them, given that you yourselves could do the same! It resulted in fairer fights.
in my opinion only those 6vs6 bad boys will take "advantage" of that. Pug wont give a flying F*** about re-specting in sc. So maybe available for only the 6vs6 sc ?
]

kkprfx

Post#8 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm

davispeed wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm
in my opinion only those 6vs6 bad boys will take "advantage" of that. Pug wont give a flying F*** about re-specting in sc. So maybe available for only the 6vs6 sc ?
Gabber

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#9 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:10 pm

kkprfx wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm
davispeed wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm

OK SIR
]

blakokami

Post#10 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm

4.) Remove 5 min wait for sc that was just added ( makes sense to have no wait for 6v6 cause the groups are already full and optimized. Aka make 6v6 sc insta pop again if there are teams queued for it.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room