Recent Topics

Ads

Exploit - DC near Fortress Portal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
DokB

Exploit - DC near Fortress Portal

Post#1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:04 am

Some very naughty people are exploiting the flagged for RvR mechanics by dying/disconnecting uncleanly from the server next to the fortress portal, then reconnecting a few minutes later. This is somehow causing them to respawn on top of the fortress portal unflagged for RvR for 10 seconds. They then proceed to get into the fortress portal this way as the portal defenders cannot stop them from interacting with the portal as they are not flagged.

What’s worse is that it goes against the spirit of the game by avoiding PvP and taking the cowards route of getting into the Fort instead of fighting your way through.

Proposed Solution: You must be RvR flagged to use Fortress portals.

PS: I’m not entirely sure how they are doing it to be quite honest, is there somewhere that teleports them directly to the fortress portal when they are attacking?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Re: Exploit - DC near Fortress Portal

Post#2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 am

I dont have the solution for this but as far as i know its there since week one of fortress and yes IT SUCK. I witnessed it and other ppl too but yet they apparently dont have the anwser for this exploit sadly...

How many ppl exploit this to get invader crest\gear in the end?? You play the game clean and get a sh!t bag, you play dirty and you get rewarded; Just frustrating

Friendly remainder

First week of Fort: Major Boner
Second week of Fort: Broken game, im out indefinitely /bye
]