Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wachlarz

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#51 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm

If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?

Ads
tazdingo

Post#52 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:21 pm

some players are just freak good solo, we all see what they do in vids but can't replicate it ourselves. i'm p sure bara would do just as well as choppa. can't balance around such outliers

Penril

Post#53 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?
Because Rampage is quite good for 1v1. No one is denying that. But game is not balanced around 1v1.

Aurandilaz

Post#54 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Don't think Rampage is "Op", rather very strong. And becoming possibly too strong as more and more Slayers/Choppas finish Invader gear which allows them to reach +70-80 armor pen values - which with combination of Rampage will lead to future imbalances. Considering it's cheap cost at 5pts, possibly limit it to 50% strikethrough, not full 100%.
It isn't always used due to it's Rage cost, but when properly used and combined with very high armor pen values, can be pretty damn powerful.
Choppas keep playing without it, and do ok enough, Slayers also play similarly, even if at times Rampage allows them "easier" gameplay where they do not need to constantly reposition themselves due to enemy parry/block checks.

Penril

Post#55 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 pm Don't think Rampage is "Op", rather very strong. And becoming possibly too strong as more and more Slayers/Choppas finish Invader gear which allows them to reach +70-80 armor pen values - which with combination of Rampage will lead to future imbalances. Considering it's cheap cost at 5pts, possibly limit it to 50% strikethrough, not full 100%.
It isn't always used due to it's Rage cost, but when properly used and combined with very high armor pen values, can be pretty damn powerful.
Choppas keep playing without it, and do ok enough, Slayers also play similarly, even if at times Rampage allows them "easier" gameplay where they do not need to constantly reposition themselves due to enemy parry/block checks.

That's not a Rampage issue, but a gear-curve one. Live had it as well. Instead of nerfing skills (which would mostly harm lowbies), we should focus on the new sets and be careful with not making them OP for specific specs/setups.
Last edited by Penril on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#56 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Wl has been bug since ror exist I reported a bug with blindeside that just got fix rexently and was prob there and know from ages!!! With wl exploit it!!!

Ppl should be great my wl is still low level who know how many bugs that hide there that I could find. Let you hope I never get the will to lv it up.

Yes I have a early entry t4 slayer which can do aoe build tough so yes I know it's combo in aoe and SC.

Pen@

I don't understand some parts you seems to mix CD increase and decrease anyway you said it yourself boss mastery is not that good so no point jimp yourself. Yes CD decrease are good as much as increase tough Bo is st and can be cleansed easier than slayer aoe one. Also it need to land.... Again slayer will always land his CD increase, your Bo?? Mm don't think so especially if slayer is well loved by an in IB

I agree that some rework has done badder than better, (bo/sm) but that's because they had wrong aim. Game need active balance. Live was no perfect but between bring in line stuff and completely and utterly kills skills and masterys there is a lot of difference.

We saw few the first and enough of the second and a lot of buff to underperforming class

Remind you that bo/sm punt was crap as it didn't prevent casting? That was a positive change over live.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wachlarz

Post#57 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm
wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm If Slayer is so bad why we see so many Baracuda movies solo kiling ALL classes ? or 2 or more ppl ? I dont see a Choppa movies ? No good Choppa on destro side ?
Because Rampage is quite good for 1v1. No one is denying that. But game is not balanced around 1v1.
Rampage is bad in 6vs 6 or 24 vs 24 or zerg vs zerg ?:P

Penril

Post#58 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm Pen@

I don't understand some parts you seems to mix CD increase and decrease anyway you said it yourself boss mastery is not that good so no point jimp yourself. Yes CD decrease are good as much as increase tough Bo is st and can be cleansed easier than slayer aoe one. Also it need to land.... Again slayer will always land his CD increase, your Bo?? Mm don't think so especially if slayer is well loved by an in IB

I agree that some rework has done badder than better, (bo/sm) but that's because they had wrong aim. Game need active balance. Live was no perfect but between bring in line stuff and completely and utterly kills skills and masterys there is a lot of difference.
I am not mixing CD increase/decrease; unlike you i know perfectly well what i'm talking about. Yes, i said Da Boss (RIGHT tree) isn't that good anymore since the AoE snare nerf (Big Brawlin) which in turn makes a Da Brawler (LEFT tree) / Da Toughest (MIDDLE tree) spec at least more interesting than before. The CD INCREASER (which belongs to Da Toughest, middle tree) is called Not in da Face (NiDF), is different from WAAAGH + Mor choppin dem (group CD DECREASER on Da Boss, right tree) and it is a pretty decent one. It is not meant to counter Shatter Limbs, but to reduce the Slayer's AoE damage (no Flurry Spam). I see NiDF land often enough as to consider it a good CD increaser. And no, it doesn't get cleansed that often since WP can't cleanse it, and if you are focusing the Slayer then it will be buried under several other debuffs. You can just cover it yourself with WA/RidJ/NidF in your rotation if you want to.

If you don't understand this now i give up.
Last edited by Penril on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Penril

Post#59 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Penril wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm
Rampage is bad in 6vs 6 or 24 vs 24 or zerg vs zerg ?:P
Did i say it is bad for those?

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Because he uploads the victories he has against plebs who facetank him (while his Rampage is up), instead of: a) shattering it, b) detaunting and running away.

Solo slayer is one of the easiest things one could ever play when 1v1ing against other melees: my 31 twink Slayer beat several rr70+s 1v1 in full parry/riposte/rampage spec.