Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Cimba

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#21 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

Grunbag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am
Grunbag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:29 am

What nerf are you talking about ?
SL still duration based on targets, Inevteble Doom no longer DD right? Flames of Ruin and Prayer of Rightiousness ICD not techincly a Slayer nerf but not be able to stack up DD with ID and Flurry was also a pretty big nerf to them.
I don’t think ID ever changed on ror . It’s a aoe pulse damage with the random duration .
Rest is not a slayer nerf but a realm balance .
It was briefly changed in the aftermath of Azaraels comeback. Patch notes

Aside from all the obvious arguments that have been made a million times about rampage I would like to argue that the game needs buffs like Rampage. Because if there is nothing worth shattering you could just remove the Shatter abilities entirely from the game.
That being said Rampage is currently one of the very few Enchantments that are actually worth shattering. Most of the other strong buffs like Primal Fury, Repel Blasphemy, Sigmars Grace, Oathbound etc are all Blessings. This is of course an imbalance in itself but doesnt change the current state.

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Spoiler:
Cimba wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am
Grunbag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am

SL still duration based on targets, Inevteble Doom no longer DD right? Flames of Ruin and Prayer of Rightiousness ICD not techincly a Slayer nerf but not be able to stack up DD with ID and Flurry was also a pretty big nerf to them.
I don’t think ID ever changed on ror . It’s a aoe pulse damage with the random duration .
Rest is not a slayer nerf but a realm balance .
It was briefly changed in the aftermath of Azaraels comeback. Patch notes

Aside from all the obvious arguments that have been made a million times about rampage I would like to argue that the game needs buffs like Rampage. Because if there is nothing worth shattering you could just remove the Shatter abilities entirely from the game.
That being said Rampage is currently one of the very few Enchantments that are actually worth shattering. Most of the other strong buffs like Primal Fury, Repel Blasphemy, Sigmars Grace, Oathbound etc are all Blessings. This is of course an imbalance in itself but doesnt change the current state.
There is no need for something to bypass 100% stuff to feel the need to remove it.

Also plenty of stuff to shatter this is a poor argument..

////////////////////////////////////////

Btw ppl draw a dam line is not rocket science if choppa can do fine in wb with out have his dmg be undefetable 20/22 sec (tactic) then slayer can have rampage nerfed ......sy but i didnt want to say this in a post of mine

Git good and l2p stop defend skills clearly overperforming and i refer to both sides.

No one ask rampage be remove but to actualy work only on stuff which should work onto.

-healers
-dd

Per my suggestion 25% is good enough and st speaking can stack with numbing strike for a 75%

This is resonable and is resonable also the proposal are for mara GoM which are 2 things linked.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cimba

Post#23 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm There is no need for something to bypass 100% stuff to feel the need to remove it.

Well, I'm current playing BO so I would be delighted if you could give me a list of all the important buffs that I can shatter so I can add them to my in game list.

Edit: And of course it doesnt need to be 100%. I said the game needs strong buffs worth shattering. Even at your suggested 25% it would be de facto undefenable except maybe against def tanks.
Why this is supposed to be more balanced is beyond me though.
Last edited by Cimba on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krima

Post#24 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Simple, mirror it to Drop da bash.

Ive always liked the positional aspect of the game. And rampage is just so brainless...
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

roadkillrobin

Post#25 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Krima wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm Simple, mirror it to Drop da bash.

Ive always liked the positional aspect of the game. And rampage is just so brainless...
Slayers allready have a exact mirror of that skill.

Tesq

Post#26 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Cimba wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm There is no need for something to bypass 100% stuff to feel the need to remove it.

Well, I'm current playing BO so I would be delighted if you could give me a list of all the important buffs that I can shatter so I can add them to my in game list.
Am/bw/sw/sm stuff just by looking at carrier and there is not need to be something op to shatter to have it worth of use.

Edit: red your edit,well first thing first 25% would mean tank frontline cant be prevent that easily to htl in conjuction with cd increase, 2nd 25% is still not mean auto as of now attacks can be parry/block on paper, 25% vs a melee mean if enemy have 30+ (not considering wep skill) is still a slight chance to parry. Plus it make a bit worth more 2h or numbing strike which is definetly the right direction.

For sure leaving it at 100% achive nothing that amuse ppl that see that there is a problem from 10 years.....well if 25 is too much make 20% thats a solid 10% remaining on melee (dual weild+18 renown + 2 from gear).

Another way could be leave it high 50% but make it proportional
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tazdingo

Post#27 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:44 pm

i still don't understand why "just shatter it" isn't applicable here. any group you have 2 tanks with 5 sec cd shatter. if you're really scared of rampage you could take a mara with UC but nobody will do this cause muh cookie cutter build

if we're talking the application of shatter limbs in wb vs wb then oh my god who cares it's wb vs wb, it's a complete shitfest that boils down to can destro coordinate morales vs did order bring enough bws (though i still love it that's all it is)

chosen doesn't get to walk around with capped parry under pierce defenses with zero answer... gtdc is arguably more impactful in pub play and i haven't seen 6v6 players complain about rampage. i just don't get it i barely notice slayers in zerg fights

Tesq

Post#28 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Spoiler:
tazdingo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:44 pm i still don't understand why "just shatter it" isn't applicable here. any group you have 2 tanks with 5 sec cd shatter. if you're really scared of rampage you could take a mara with UC but nobody will do this cause muh cookie cutter build

if we're talking the application of shatter limbs in wb vs wb then oh my god who cares it's wb vs wb, it's a complete shitfest that boils down to can destro coordinate morales vs did order bring enough bws (though i still love it that's all it is)

chosen doesn't get to walk around with capped parry under pierce defenses with zero answer... gtdc is arguably more impactful in pub play and i haven't seen 6v6 players complain about rampage. i just don't get it i barely notice slayers in zerg fights
-Cuz need to hit slayer first (ib can buff parry to stratosphere)
-slayer and other can burry rampage and protect it.
-if you want 2x shatter need leave home chosen and go bg/bo but then you cant sever blessing there are a LOT of good stuff to use server bless so you are penalized anyway.

Nb: Prejudice vs wb play, cuz sc play is not the same thing when played by unaware ppl...lol..
Nbb: slayer unnoticed in rvr, do you even play eu prime time? Yest order had like 3-4 slayer leading the charge and shatter limbs all the time.....its all slayer/bw and 1 engi for pull.

Another problem is still slayer and now choppa aswell using aoe build in sc, i made a proposal for KILL this abuse over st builds and fix stuff aswell by bring away heal debuff far onto top of mid mastery yet still nothing move in balance section with no alternative to solve the issue be given..

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#29 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm

I've talked about Rampage endlessly on my streams. My PoV and how I play will just be categorized as not important and this is a group game in this conversation so I wont go into it. However is Rampage a great tool, yes All Slayers should run it. Does it make you some killing god, no.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

tazdingo

Post#30 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:27 pm

no mostly NA, i just do not see slayers, it is bw and engis. maybe eu is more organized in wbs

you say chosen would have to be left to take 2x shatter... why not take bg/bo? obviously i know you can't actually leave the chosen you need one in every single group, but this shouldn't be the case

anyway that's a deeper issue. surely eu destro can counter 4 slayers. take any possible wb setup, all 12 classes, all builds, tactic and gear setups... you could do SOMETHING about 4 slayers between the 24 of you. sounds like destro got outplayed

slayer losing rampage would just be sad, you can't take such an iconic ability away from any class. dps healers are everywhere, sw and sh are outperforming actual mdps, shield tanks are utterly pathetic, raze to m3 why is melee so ostracized in large scale fights? like yeah i just did some broken ****, but you had 100ft in which to do something about it

i also don't get destro complaining about order winning with melee like damn bring your slayers to NA it beats fighting engis and BWs