Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Darks63

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#141 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 pm
Ototo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

You obviously have never played in live server with this system, or your memory of it is over-romsntic

I played, moreover I remember well that many people did not like it. but there are always dissatisfied, there are always those who don't care, there are always those who like it. “interesting” does not mean correct, balanced or ideal, the idea itself was interesting, the practical implementation of this idea was bad. Now if you turn your attention to the PQs, who is doing it now? Who needs it now? no one, and yet this is a huge work of developers, it was necessary to make up various PQs of varying degrees of complexity across all 22 chapters each side. and such a huge content turned out to be unnecessary to anyone and was not included in the siege strategy, I think it is not very pleasant for devs that such work turned out to be essentially incremental.
Whatever, dude. Your memory has made was basically was a huge explotaible mess into a romantic idea.
The current system is more exploitable than that one was. The system above required cooperation between organized 24 mans to hold the lake, org 6 mans to lick down scs, and org pve groups to win owe. It was doable thou and made pulling it off feel like an accomplishment. Mythic changed it cause people wanted easy mode plain and simple.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Ototo

Post#142 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Darks63 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm
Ototo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 pm

I played, moreover I remember well that many people did not like it. but there are always dissatisfied, there are always those who don't care, there are always those who like it. “interesting” does not mean correct, balanced or ideal, the idea itself was interesting, the practical implementation of this idea was bad. Now if you turn your attention to the PQs, who is doing it now? Who needs it now? no one, and yet this is a huge work of developers, it was necessary to make up various PQs of varying degrees of complexity across all 22 chapters each side. and such a huge content turned out to be unnecessary to anyone and was not included in the siege strategy, I think it is not very pleasant for devs that such work turned out to be essentially incremental.
Whatever, dude. Your memory has made was basically was a huge explotaible mess into a romantic idea.
The current system is more exploitable than that one was. The system above required cooperation between organized 24 mans to hold the lake, org 6 mans to lick down scs, and org pve groups to win owe. It was doable thou and made pulling it off feel like an accomplishment. Mythic changed it cause people wanted easy mode plain and simple.
It did not require anything. It only required for one realm to not join scenarios and there was no way to lock the zone. That simple.
Spoiler:

Alteia

Post#143 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 am
Alteia wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 pm I dont know if its been said, there are 13 pages to this thread and I really don't wanna read though it all - props to those that do.

Remember on Live they had it for a while where SCs were a vital part of zone flips and campaigns?

VPs were calculated based on:
-Scenario victories for the related pairing (ie. Battle for Praag would contribute to Chaos/Emp pairing campaign),
-Battle Field Objectives,
-PVP kills & deaths,
-PVE (PQs completed),
-Previous Tier campaign status,
Spoiler:
Flip Chaos/Emp T1 to contribute to VP for Chaos/Emp T2 campaign,
Flip Chaos/Emp T2 to contribute to VP for Chaos/Emp T3 campaign,
Flip Chaos/Emp T3 to contribute to VP for Chaos/Emp T4 campaign.

I wanted to suggest: maybe we can take a page out of their book and look to integrate SCs as part of the campaign to potentially break up the blobs a bit, encourage smaller group play, and allow those 6man groups to have some sort of contribution towards realm campaign progression.

We love WAR and I really hate to see how dead its gotten lately. Its really sad to see that server was upped to 1500 capacity but we can barely even maintain 300 in NA prime.

Edit: VP = Victory Points, I failed to define it, sorry! Also should have said that there was a threshold of (whatever #) of VPs to be able to flip a zone and it couldn't be flipped with simply keep takes and BFOs alone.

Do you know why this was removed from live?

@Hargrim and the others, I didn't say it had to be mirrored at all (as you can see in my quote...) I only was posing that to say: if it were possible to allow SCs to have some sort of ORVR contribution, could that be something different worth discussing.

You don't have to make it be like live (and I don't necessarily want it to be either) where SCs wins were necessary to flip a zone!

You can keep the pre-existing King-Of-The Hill BFO grind fest that already is, but slow down the flips and make holding BFOs increase VPs with the possession time so its more of strategic ORVR.. AND have SC victories contribute to VP in a smaller-than-live but still meaningful amount so you're not crippling the RVR progression..
Spoiler:
I know, I know, most of zerg surfers are a bunch of pansies and don't want to get their precious afk-earned invader gear dented in real PVP so we don't want to break the game by forcing them to..
I'm not saying this will fix anything or will change anything at all. Hell, this is a Suggestion and Feedback forum post, why shut it down without even thinking meaningfully of the suggestion and provide valuable feedback? I cant read your mind, or that of a long-gone WAR dev. You ask for structured feedback, well wheres yours?

Ototo

Post#144 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 am

Alteia wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 am (...)

I'm not saying this will fix anything or will change anything at all. Hell, this is a Suggestion and Feedback forum post, why shut it down without even thinking meaningfully of the suggestion and provide valuable feedback? I cant read your mind, or that of a long-gone WAR dev. You ask for structured feedback, well wheres yours?
There's no need to test this again. It was tested and was a clamorous failure. You have to accept that the system had to change mainly due to scenarios. You can't give the opposite realm the control to lock a zone or not. You may not like this system, but trust me: I was the underdog in both my servers, and I only saw 4 zone flips before T4. Once there, there was literally not a single scenario pop unless that the opposite realm wanted to lock a zone, and you did not join cause you know that they were queuing only Sovereign-geared premades. That system was that easy to exploit. I stopped joining scenarios in 2 weeks, and so did everyone else in my realms, cause there was literally not a single chance of winning it unless that you could outgear guys that had double the chances that your allies had to get Sov gear. It was plainly painful and not worthy to even remember. Yet you may be lucky back then and play in the upperdog realm. My first T4 scenario victory was with my 2nd piece of Sovereign, in a heavy premade, and cause our realm had the chance to lock a zone. It was the 1st time I queued for one of my favourite parts of the game in months.
Spoiler:

Alteia

Post#145 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am

Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 am

There's no need to test this again. It was tested and was a clamorous failure. You have to accept that the system had to change mainly due to scenarios. You can't give the opposite realm the control to lock a zone or not. You may not like this system, but trust me: I was the underdog in both my servers, and I only saw 4 zone flips before T4. Once there, there was literally not a single scenario pop unless that the opposite realm wanted to lock a zone, and you did not join cause you know that they were queuing only Sovereign-geared premades. That system was that easy to exploit. I stopped joining scenarios in 2 weeks, and so did everyone else in my realms, cause there was literally not a single chance of winning it unless that you could outgear guys that had double the chances that your allies had to get Sov gear. It was plainly painful and not worthy to even remember. Yet you may be lucky back then and play in the upperdog realm. My first T4 scenario victory was with my 2nd piece of Sovereign, in a heavy premade, and cause our realm had the chance to lock a zone. It was the 1st time I queued for one of my favourite parts of the game in months.
Lonnng before people were running in Sovereign they had changed the ORVR model and campaigns to no longer need Scenarios, PVE, or Prior tier campaign for flips. I believe it was even before LOTD was released they removed it and were using different supply runner models.

Sucks that you had a rough go of it post Sovereign.

Ototo

Post#146 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:37 am

Alteia wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 am

Lonnng before people were running in Sovereign they had changed the ORVR model and campaigns to no longer need Scenarios, PVE, or Prior tier campaign for flips. I believe it was even before LOTD was released they removed it and were using different supply runner models.

Sucks that you had a rough go of it post Sovereign.
This happened to me in the second year, at most, of the game launch. I would say that in the 1st 12 months or so. I joined the game around 3 or 4 months after launch, and Sov gear was actually pretty damn hard to get. I have been told that later they started to pretty much give the set away for free. I left when I saw their intentions with rr100 announcements. Still not full Sov in my main btw. One piece away from it, but to be honest I had several alts too. As underdog was pretty tough to get a gold bag in city defenses. We joined like crazy in the hope of face a not strong geared team. Cause even if we were organized, we were also badly under geared. Let's say that Tyrant was not an alternative but a primary choice for us.
Spoiler:

theoddone

Post#147 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 am

The old vp system was pre lotd. At that point people would have max invader/dp gear. Seems your memory and game knowledge from that time is lacking.

There could be several alternatives to the old system which could implement sc's. Thats the wonderful thing about this project, things can be different from live.
-Theo

Tesq

Post#148 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 am

Sc winning could recive zone lock renown and give a 5% bonus to supply effect...

Etc

Be creative it dosent need to be VP...

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#149 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:10 am

Having stand alone scenarios without any objectives makes no sense at all. Whole game is structured around a story of a war campaign. Scenarios being stand alone minigame with minimal impact on the campaign is bad enough, making a fan service, death match scenarios to cater to a certain playerbase in expense of the the story arc makes very little sense to me. There needs to be a reason for the skirmish and the outcome should have a impact on the story.

peterthepan3

Post#150 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:41 am

'You kill your enemies in a bloodbath to gain access to an important location that would help your Realm, and sate the bloodlust of the Gods!' Best part?No flags, bombs, or troll pacifiers required!

Such a map could easily be made to conform to WAR roleplay/story (which is all about War being everywhere) without sticking out like a sore thumb.