Recent Topics

Ads

Need for a middle tier for rvr

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
madmalky2014
Suspended

Need for a middle tier for rvr

Post#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 am

In recent month the population has stabalised to gettin around 1k players on at eu primetime. The middle tier t2 and t3 have become pretty inactive people will do pve tilll a t4 zone open and push for fort. Now is may the time to reintroduce t2 and t3 combined rvr for ranks 12 to 31 or 16 to 31. Reason i also opted for a 12 to 31 anyone in t1 find leveling between 12 and 16 a major grind and not very rewarding. I think there are more than enough 31 to 40 to keep t4 active and primetime very active. The lower ranks will have a place without fear of being beat to death by rank 70 to 80+ characters and the battles will be more even.

Give me youre thoughts.

Ads
Nekkma

Re: Need for a middle tier for rvr

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 am

At some point I think this is a good idea. Would like to log an alt in t2-3 during fort and in the future during city siege. Doubt it would work outside of EU primetime atm though.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 am

Hmmm, the progression from 12 to 16 is actually too fast for my liking and I wish -xp scroll was available earlier. You get a shitton xp, when being on underdog side. ^_^
Dying is no option.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 am

No, you are wrong. It will still be ghost town if we get back to the campaign separation.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:14 am

Maybe rvr and sc brackets Tier 1 would be lvl 1-19 and tier 2-3 lvl 20-35 and t4 lvl 36-40
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:14 am Maybe rvr and sc brackets Tier 1 would be lvl 1-19 and tier 2-3 lvl 20-35 and t4 lvl 36-40

We have empirical experience with dead middle tier - what do you have to support this idea?

Ototo

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 am

Don't bring back middle tiers. Even in live, with a good couple thousands online players at every single hour even in the least populated servers, they were ghost-towns.
Spoiler:

Drys

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:53 am

I think middle tier would be great. I think it's a great transition from T1. I've seen a number of folks who either don't want to or are intimidated to leave T1 RVR and jump right into T4 with 40/80s. This will help keep people engaged after T1 (rather than delete and re-roll a new T1 toon), help introduce newer people to keep sieges, and build leadership at lower ranks.

My suggestions:
  • Have it be in the current T2 zone (inner keep only, no outer). That's just one small pairing similar to T1 and will have faster keep takes. It requires a little less coordination and population than the T3/T4 keeps.
  • Have it go from 16-39. This will ensure a large enough population to fill T2 consistently. It also overlaps with the folks that can't get into forts -- that makes T3/T4 a fort progression tiering. It also separates out those trying to level up to 40 vs. those focusing on RR and end game gearing.
  • Have one pairing open at a time so that the population doesn't get spread so thinly across multiple zones. This will help keep zones focued on RvR not PvDoor.
As a side benefit of opening up a mid-level RVR zone, I think we all will see better server stability. We'll peel off betwee 25-50 people per side from active T3/T4 zones. This lightens the 200 v 200 zergfest that we sometimes see (and which causes server crashes).
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Drys

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 am

Ototo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 am Don't bring back middle tiers. Even in live, with a good couple thousands online players at every single hour even in the least populated servers, they were ghost-towns.
I think the difference is that on live, you had separate 11-20 and 21-30 zones. People level up fast through those brackets. I think OP is suggesting one pairing that covers a much broader range of levels. I wouldn't worry about ghost-towns. I see plenty of sub-40s in WBs in T4. I think we'd actually get more people interested in doing RVR at mid-levels instead of SCs or power-leveling to 40 if there was some bridge between T1 and T4.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ototo

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am

Drys wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 am
Ototo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 am Don't bring back middle tiers. Even in live, with a good couple thousands online players at every single hour even in the least populated servers, they were ghost-towns.
I think the difference is that on live, you had separate 11-20 and 21-30 zones. People level up fast through those brackets. I think OP is suggesting one pairing that covers a much broader range of levels. I wouldn't worry about ghost-towns. I see plenty of sub-40s in WBs in T4. I think we'd actually get more people interested in doing RVR at mid-levels instead of SCs or power-leveling to 40 if there was some bridge between T1 and T4.
I was told the freaking same in live. It was over-optimistic. And so is this.
Spoiler: