Recent Topics

Ads

Portal in kv to Stonewatch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CountTalabecland

Re: Portal in kv to Stonewatch

Post#11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Panodil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:04 pm Or maybe just let people die who cant defend them self in the wild :D
Or maybe if people didn’t have to run to a random portal, there wouldn’t be anything for gankers to do and they might actually have to join the defense and be useful?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:47 pm
At this point it’s ‘possible’ but an incredibly difficult and time consuming task to rearrange a whole map. Its probably not even on their list of goals at the moment.
devs could just put the portal for the winning faction in their war camp

Panodil

Post#13 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 pm

But ganking people who really want to afk in fort is so rewarding :D
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

CountTalabecland

Post#14 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Panodil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 pm But ganking people who really want to afk in fort is so rewarding :D
Fair enough, how about if someone gets the afk tag in a fort they are teleported to where the portal is now? Then you and the group can 6v1 beat them with a prison sock filled with locks or whatever you want?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Anjanolian

Post#15 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am

Panodil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:04 pm Or maybe just let people die who cant defend them self in the wild :D
....When you wanna use portal and get message like that "in combat you cant"...if you are not in zergy or party/wb....totally f...
Its not about defending self or not....
...Bride of Khaine...

Panodil

Post#16 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:46 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm
Panodil wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 pm But ganking people who really want to afk in fort is so rewarding :D
Fair enough, how about if someone gets the afk tag in a fort they are teleported to where the portal is now? Then you and the group can 6v1 beat them with a prison sock filled with locks or whatever you want?
We dont gank 6v1, we strong so we gank 24v1.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

gargharoth

Post#17 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:52 pm

The only issue with that is engis pulling people through energy wall.
Order has the almost same portals, for example, at Black Crag.
I have a better idea, maybe you can put these portals in the enemy warcamp? :o
Kupaczabra
Roadblock

Jandeporas

Post#18 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Put fort attackers portal in cities.

"That's just the way it is" is the shittiest excuse you can scrap from the bottom of the barrel.
Spoiler:

Ads
Marawo

Post#19 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Suggestions:
- After zonelock create/keep the spawnpoints in keeps, this reduces the reinforcement disparity (especially in zones like KV and BC).
- also remove the "out of combat" requirement to use these portals to counter longrangecheese thats only targeted to keep people in combat. It also wouldn't force players to selfsacrifice themselves out of fortspot because they fought the enemy off or threw a heal.

Starke

Post#20 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 am

Both sides suffer from camping and it's garbage.

The "attack and go to portal in zone, defend and portal in city" confuses new players. A lot. I know I lost my second fort spot because I thought I had to go to altdorf (my first was a defense). And I regularly answer the question of where to go. Making the portal locations somehow consistent would be... helpful. If that's in wc or city, whatever. As long as it's consistent.
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"