Recent Topics

Ads

Grant topguilds buildings in the PvE zones

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Grant topguilds buildings in the PvE zones

Post#11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 am

using already existing buildings in pve areas really isnt an option. usually they are tied to more than a few quests and often enough even poublic quests. in order to make them claimable by guilds, you would have to completely remove the pve aspect. and i dont believe lheana would like to see her work scrapped.

Ads
Wraak

Post#12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:12 am

saupreusse wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:37 am using already existing buildings in pve areas really isnt an option. usually they are tied to more than a few quests and often enough even poublic quests. in order to make them claimable by guilds, you would have to completely remove the pve aspect. and i dont believe lheana would like to see her work scrapped.
first of all i like your name hehe
secondly that was my main concern aswell when i read it, the idea behind it is great tho :D

anarchypark

Post#13 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Don't have to use actual buildings.
guild banner in the zone could be start.
other reward could cause unbalance due to map design.
Maybe only cosmetic reward
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

zak68

Post#14 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm

but could a whole building like Verentane's Tower in emp t3 be placed anywhere on the map ?
i mean , is it "one" big model which can be "applied" multiple times at will even in non-empire zones ?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:22 pm

zak68 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:57 pm but could a whole building like Verentane's Tower in emp t3 be placed anywhere on the map ?
i mean , is it "one" big model which can be "applied" multiple times at will even in non-empire zones ?
Sure it can. As every model. However it must be patched in and cant be changed on the fly. Also it wont have lightmaps then and look hella ugly.

Zaxxond

Post#16 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm

The Zaxxed guild humbly requests the bar at the end of the Wharf in Altdorf be renamed from the Screeching Cat to "Zaxxed's Famous Fire **** Tavern".

No one under level 16 EXP admitted.