Recent Topics

Ads

Improve sc handling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
orfeask

Re: Improve sc handling

Post#11 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm

As much as I like the idea of involving Imperial Guard tactics (aka throwing more bodies at you enemy till they choke) in .2, what would be the threshold of the "numerical advantage" that pugs will have? Like how many more pugs do you need to have the chance of winning against a premade?

Ads
geezereur

Post#12 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:49 pm

Or get back to the old sc system so solo players can acually get a sc pop.

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:32 pm

i thought this thread was going to be about addressing the stupid changes to sc's for the classifications of 2h tanks as dps etc

subfal

Post#14 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:34 pm

geezereur wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:49 pm Or get back to the old sc system so solo players can acually get a sc pop.
Ho please...Yes!
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot

Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

Bozzax

Post#15 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:22 pm

orfeask wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 pm As much as I like the idea of involving Imperial Guard tactics (aka throwing more bodies at you enemy till they choke) in .2, what would be the threshold of the "numerical advantage" that pugs will have? Like how many more pugs do you need to have the chance of winning against a premade?
Good question but we know for sure fielding 6 pre grouped vs 6 randoms and adding domination is ”free” emblems 99% of the time.

Seems reasonable to start with 6v9and test a bit. Id say it would be a good idea to factor in their combined RR and the combined RR of the randoms to determine numbers.

The end goal would be to produce more gaming and less afking.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Want to promote less afking and derpiness in SC? Make rewards worthwhile, make grouping up desirable, and motivate lazy players to use some initiative in their gaming instead of working around them by giving them more bodies to throw at premades, which solves nothing, and actually promotes the status quo even more, ie queuing solo in random spec hoping for the stars to align, and for the world to revolve around you.

adamthelc

Post#17 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:00 pm

I like this idea in theory. Having all matches be competitive would be awesome, who wouldnt want that.

It doesnt seem practical to expect a formula to be able to find balance though. There are too many variables. Best case scenario it would make things better a little more often. Worst case scenario it would make things worse much more often.

If there was someone much smarter than me who could think of a way to make things competitive every match I would fully support it. I am skeptical these suggestions would do that though. What happens when you give one side more players because a side has more healers, then a couple of those healers dont join? That's going to create a crazy swing in numbers. Also you would have to somehow change the system that closes scenarios because of a numbers imbalance.

The one idea that does seem realistic if it could be done is matching premades vs premades. Seems doable and doesnt have many negative side effects I can think of. Though when I pug I dont really mind facing premades. I am ok with getting stomped from time to time and think domination is a good feature in those matches.

Alfa1986

Post#18 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm

in my opinion, you do not consider a few details. far from all premades are really strong if we think under the premade a balanced detachment of 2 + 2 + 2 out of 6 people. not all premades can easily win from a pug if a pug team in a random way also had a balanced squad 2 + 2 + 2 from people with 70+ renown, or even 2 + 4 good DPS. I was on such scenarios when the whole command was weak, but there were very strong healers who in essence alone made the game, and the premade's enemy team could do nothing. second, there is now at the moment the low popularity of scenarios among the players, i don't think that the creation of additional conditions will help to solve this problem.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads