Recent Topics

Ads

Improve sc handling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bozzax

Improve sc handling

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:41 am

I often read premades want fights instead of chasing flags.

How about increase the odds there is a fight instead of a free rewards domination farm.

1. Match premades vs premades all maps

2. Match premades vs pugs with numerical adv for pugs (we wants fights not free rewards even for premaades)

3. Pugs vs pugs even numbers when reasonable comps for both sides

4 pugs vs pugs numerical advantage when one side has all the heals etc
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Improve sc handling

Post#2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 pm

1. 100% agree. Premades shouldn't be permitted to farm pugs if they could be fighting against other premades.

2. If pugs get numerical advantage, then perhaps premades would deserve increased rewards? I mean, what's the point of going 6v12 (I'd like it, don't get me wrong) if the rewards are the same? I'd much rather disband my group and pug it up for equal profit ;) Also, the effect of having up to 6 additional bodies (assuming 6v12) should not be underestimated - even against a tryhard 6 on comms - so it would still be a very difficult encounter for the premade, and would have to warrant queuing for in the first place as essentially it would be seen to be punishing people for playing in a 6.

3. Ehh, I doubt much more can be done for the SC manager due to how few people are queuing SC these days.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozzax

Post#3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:07 pm

Why would you need another carrot? Bc it is a fight you can lose? Also kills = rewards
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:09 pm

...because it's 1 group of 6 coming up against 2 groups of 6, aka twice their numbers? Comms/tryhard or not, this is a very tough encounter for the premade if the pugs have even a couple of braincells between them, so the question is: why would I bother with this as a premade if the rewards for beating 12 people (to reiterate: twice your numbers) are the same as the rewards for winning against 6 people as 12? Logically, it makes no sense.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bozzax

Post#5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm

No 6v12 is not hard vs randoms and sub 40s. It could as easilly be 6v8, 6v10 :shock: (Even 6 premade +6 randoms vs 18 randoms)

Fight itself instead of afk is the rewards
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#6 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

Who told you premades want fights? I choose flags

Bozzax

Post#7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:16 pm

Ofc hugging flags is ok bud to overall goal is to get more action and less free rewards
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Bozzax wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm No 6v12 is not hard vs randoms and sub 40s. It could as easilly be 6v8, 6v10 :shock: (Even 6 premade +6 randoms vs 18 randoms)

Fight itself instead of afk is the rewards
How will it be any more a fight if we're simply farming more sub40s, with no heals or tanks? Sounds like pug farming v2.0 :lol:

@Bozzax

Who is getting 'free rewards'? Dominating your enemy isn't 'free' rewards, pal. Did you actually prefer being stuck in your WC for 15 minutes?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 pm

They can still hide and wait it out if you are to scary. I doubt randoms have problem being more vs a premade

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:29 pm

Bozzax wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:22 pm I doubt randoms have problem being more vs a premade
Well, duh? If it means less reason for me to have to bother my ass and get organised, relying on numerical advantage to get the job done, then who wouldn't want it?

Let's further deter people from having to group up and get organised to beat other groups! Numerical advantage would unfortunately pander even more to the pug scene, when in reality, we should be motivating people to get more organised.