Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario impact to campaign

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alsayr

Scenario impact to campaign

Post#1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Il remember from early live scenario gives point to campaign. Its possible to do something like this in RoR ? Maybe more people was play scenario when scenario have been impact to campaign and maybe give some contribution for player ?

For example:
When you play Battle for Praag - you impact to Humans campaign.
When you play Caledor Woods - you impact elf campaign
When you play Thunder Valley - you impact dwarf campaign

Player win - point to campaign and small contrib
Player lose - small contrib
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Scenario impact to campaign

Post#2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

With how ages long it takes for scenarios to pop in T4?

i dont think thats a good idea

Detangler

Post#3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 pm

That's his point. More incentive for scenarios means more scenario pops hopefully.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:58 pm That's his point. More incentive for scenarios means more scenario pops hopefully.
we have actual gear sets tied to scs and they emselves are not enough to encourage pops

kmark101

Post#5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:07 pm

This was a pretty cool aspect of live that SC's (and also PQ's to some extent) actually mattered for the whole campaign and I always wondered why it is not the case here.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Yupp, all things done in the game should add to the progression of your realm in some way.
The game was marketed with the tagline, "WAR is everywhere" to reflect just that. It was the intended design that whatever you chose to do in the game, PVE, Scenarios or ORVR you would have a impact on the success (or failure) of your realm and this is completely missing and creates segregation, rather then alliances, between the player bases. There's basically nothing driving the narrative of the war story in this game anymore. It's all broken down to isolated instances that has nothing to do with the story. Somewhere in all the balance patching and player pandering the story of the war is completely forgotten in my opinion, and the war is the protagonist in this game.

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 pm

This idea has already been debated recently, and many did not like it. all referred to the negative experience on life, although I do not remember this.
in general, I vote for it, firstly there will be nothing wrong with the fact that the blocking of the zone will be 30-40 minutes longer after kill of the lord. secondly, it will add some variety to the game process. thirdly, it will increase the popularity of the scs. fourthly, I was convinced that people do not care what kind of game content to perform, just the main thing is to occupy them with something. There are only two problems: the first is what to do if the losing faction refuses to enter the queue in the scs, the second what to do if the losing faction will win all the scenarios?)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

FrzrBrn

Post#8 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm

The problem on live was that scenarios and PQ's were required to lock a zone. If somehow they just contributed rather than being mandatory, then it might be a little extra incentive for a 6-man to hit scenarios rather than just roam the lakes. This contribution could be a bump to the amount that a resource turn-in contributes to ranking up the zone's keep, for example.

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:20 am

FrzrBrn wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm The problem on live was that scenarios and PQ's were required to lock a zone. If somehow they just contributed rather than being mandatory, then it might be a little extra incentive for a 6-man to hit scenarios rather than just roam the lakes. This contribution could be a bump to the amount that a resource turn-in contributes to ranking up the zone's keep, for example.
This is basically what the original post is all about. its not mandatory, just similar to turning in a box if your side gets a scenario win.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Nefarian78

Post#10 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:04 pmwe have actual gear sets tied to scs and they emselves are not enough to encourage pops
I'm certain that if scenarios actually gave good sets along with more rewards (some jewelry sets, maybe?), more people would queue. PvE rewards are 10x times better and, if you keep up with wards, faster to obtain compared to a full set of Oppressor and let's not even talk about the weapons...

@OP I've always been onboard with this idea, but the devs never cared about scenarios and have been doing everything possible to kill them for a while...so yeah.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.