Recent Topics

Ads

More Crafting options

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tothjowii

More Crafting options

Post#1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am

(disclaimer I semi posted this in another post so feel free to rant that this is redundant of me posting this but here goes again)

I'm wondering if we could please have some more crafting careers to pick from the just the two we have at the moment. Its just the fact that there are only 2 that we can pick from.

The first one that i could think work the best would be blacksmith with the talisman gathering skill and the mats you're get from that. it would be a good way for people to make money in the game and it would help with the gear grind from twenty to 40. It would also help people with out massive amounts of gold and without a guild which some people are not interested in being apart of.

Following this would be the First Aid career. To say this is needed is a understatement because it is vital. For people on their own and even in groups this is important. While solo it would help people from getting killed in PQ that have enemies surrounding them and it keeps the fun going much better. Now for a group it would help out healers a ton for the simple reason that it would help them not have to heal after a fight is done and keep there supply's of healing stuff higher and better able to heal during a fight rather than doing it after a fight.

These are the only ideas that i have for the moment if anyone has others that they think it would help the game be even better or you hate these idea please post away :D :D

Ads
marisco

Re: More Crafting options

Post#2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm sorry, but don't you think you are just trying to copy stuff from WoW?

Tothjowii

Post#3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

marisco wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:30 pm I'm sorry, but don't you think you are just trying to copy stuff from WoW?

Lol the stuff I mentioned is pretty much in every game in one form or another. I will concede that the first aid is from WoW. It's just sitting around waiting for your health to come back is a bit annoying even if you have potions on your person. Now if there was a skill that regens health then we wouldn't need to have first aid. But then a skill would have to be made and I don't know how much effort would had to be made verses making a profession. But as for the blacksmithing it's in almost every game I have played in since I started playing these this types of games from 2000 onward. I see what you're saying however, and trust me I am in no way trying to make this game a WoW clone its just I love crafting a lot and this game is sorely lacking in that department it does now and it did while I was playing it when it was live.

All I want is to the game to be more enjoyable for crafters like myself.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm

adding more crafting options is not exactly easy as it has to tie in with packets sent and received by client. That along stops most of these things if not for other reasons.

Tothjowii

Post#5 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm adding more crafting options is not exactly easy as it has to tie in with packets sent and received by client. That along stops most of these things if not for other reasons.

Good to know I thought there was a possibly that it wouldn't come to pass but it was worth a shot to ask about it none the less to see what could be done or in this case could not be done.

Nevertheless thank you for telling me what you can and can't do.