Recent Topics

Ads

Making tanks into actual dps.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ekundu01

Re: Making tanks into actual dps.

Post#51 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Acidic wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 am Worth remembering the outcry when 2h dps tanks were given reduced gaurd?
Clearly shows that this type of thread is trying to give more dps while attempting to keep tank features
Maybe you didn't read my idea correctly. The idea is to give an option to be a dps losing all the tank skills you have in exchange for the mdps skills. It was a basic idea and each tank would have individual adjustments to make it so that if they were functioning as a dps they would not have access to the basic tank skills at all. The idea also makes it so that they would want to spec the entire dps tree of the tank so it would leave very little points left to spend in other trees so you don't get some hybrid spec.
Trismack

Ads
fourhundred

Post#52 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Dabbart wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm
Spoiler:
Manatikik wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm You are right. Waiting an hour sometimes for a pop because I don't have a set group makes sense. When I do have a group, we kill everything and the SC ends in 2 minutes for 2 emblems. Got it.
Have you ever thought about making a worse group?
Yea, cause Beardz is so well know for his Meta-comps... It's the player, not the class. #StopPlinkingMe!
2 rdps 1 healer 3-mans is as meta as it gets...

Tankbeardz

Post#53 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:39 pm
Acidic wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 am Worth remembering the outcry when 2h dps tanks were given reduced gaurd?
Clearly shows that this type of thread is trying to give more dps while attempting to keep tank features
Maybe you didn't read my idea correctly. The idea is to give an option to be a dps losing all the tank skills you have in exchange for the mdps skills. It was a basic idea and each tank would have individual adjustments to make it so that if they were functioning as a dps they would not have access to the basic tank skills at all. The idea also makes it so that they would want to spec the entire dps tree of the tank so it would leave very little points left to spend in other trees so you don't get some hybrid spec.
I mean, at this point, why not? We have ranged classes that are Melee...Healers that are tanks....Healers that are DPS....go for it.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#54 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:48 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:13 pm There needs to be some kind of catch for tanks that intentionally spec for DPS.
But... why?

BeautfulToad

Post#55 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Completely agree with this. Two handed tanks are not really dps. Even a swordmaster with all the best emblem gear is not a dps. Heal debuffs, etc? Nah. They should keep taunt, challenge instead.

Smellybelly

Post#56 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Simple answer, no.

toffikx

Post#57 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 pm

What about we make dps...into tanks?

Ekundu01

Post#58 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 pm

toffikx wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 pm What about we make dps...into tanks?
We already do *cough* slayers *cough*
Trismack

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#59 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 pm

The easiest way to do this is not to make massive changes to tanks mastery trees, it is to change the Focused Offense tactic to +20% to damage and -20% to armor. You could leave the PvE hatred component alone or even remove it, if it is felt to be too powerful for some odd reason. Changing it this way makes it more desirable for the extra DPS as well as reducing the massive armor penalty (which is the main reason no one uses this tactic).

Making a tactic the focus of a switch to a DPS tank also has the benefit of reducing the number of defensive tactics a tank can use at any one time, making them a bit more squishy, similar to other DPS classes.

Just my two cents worth on this topic.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Esperflame

Post#60 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 pm

How about we just make tanks tanks again. Toughness was nerfed and a lot of damage across the board has been buffed. Make tanks tanky again!
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me