Recent Topics

Ads

Blast' pots making the game drop frames

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Blast' pots making the game drop frames

Post#1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Hello,

It's been long coming. But can we finally remove the Lasting Erupting Blast Potions from the game, they are doing little to no good and coursing way more harm than potential good.

So whats the actual issue with these? Not only are they cheesy and provide full defensive tanks a way to assist in dealing morale unmittigated damage, stacking with other blasting potions, making numbers advantage matter on these.
They also create a massive performance drop as shown below:

https://www.twitch.tv/bomblingtv/clip/S ... &sort=time
Context of the fight: I was streaming for several hours, this was not the biggest ammount of abilities hitting me, nor the most ammount of players clumbed together. Soon as several blasting potions hit me (and the others i was on discord with) you could feel it yourself as shown in the clip. But others were actually getting disconnected or getting close to 1frame untill death where the game just picks up.
After this death I had no further spikes in performance, it was only on these clashes where either several blast pots hit me at once so either is the ammount of blasting potions, or if they are procing some abilities like Stat-steal so affected targets start lagging when game calculates the effect (like RP buff-lag)

An other point of view, where I am using blastpotions along with my comrades and you can clearly see the napalm ish effect and how the performance dips. Since i know exactly when we used blast pots, i know this is exactly when the Destro streamer was getting the performance issues:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticLazySpiderCoolStoryBro

"But Why are we still using them then!?"
Because usuing them is not lowering my performance, its an advantage to use them against your enemy. It is unmitagated stackable ranged aoe. And you dont drop in performance by usuing them on others, they get decreased performance. Win/Win right? :roll:

I've been complaining about these since i was in Deep and Dry guild close to a year ago, and it was never taken seriously.

Removing these will not ruin anything with the Economy, as armorpots are the main material people farm with their Tradeskills anyways. These potions are only bringing harm to the game, it moves the warband clashes into more cheese and morale-damage burst instead of the actual class abilities, and they should honestly had been removed long long ago.

Anyone defending these potions, is just a bully who likes to destroy sandcastles in the sandbox

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can use them through keepwalls and dont need Line of Sight to use them as long as the target is in range.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Pappirozza2

Re: Blast' pots making the game drop frames

Post#2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Absolutely support the idea of removing blasting pots from the game. Disabling addons, lowering graphical seetings and other advices for fps increas not helping at all when they are used.

Acidic

Post#3 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 pm

think that this is an issue with all spells, reduce hit cap should fix it.
exactly the same comments were about with engi spells when the fixed the graphics.

My videos also show no impact on graphics meaning it’s probably down to your addon and configure, nothing to do with pots as such
Last edited by Acidic on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 pm

As others said, it's same with any attack that has a visual effect - Sorc + BW + Engi + Magus are all equally amazing at "lag bombing" from range, when 8x IS or 8x Fbreath hit, anyone will notice a drop in FPS from the game trying to keep track of effects + debuffs + dots applied.
The dmg itself is abysmal, 100-150 ticks or so (some mitigation exists, so its not pure/morale dmg). You'd need an immense amount of pot stacking (somewhat sure they do not stack - same as PoS/RoF; only one can be effective at the same area - this noticed from very frequent use of my own pots, have to find an area where no one else might be throwing theirs or I end up wasting my own ones [unless somehow recently changed/bugged]).

Basically the 5min cd extra pots are the only way my mdps classes can do anything in fort fights, so would just drop down to the usual level of uselessness as a melee class in funnel fights.

Your suggestion only abysmally changes "FPS" (which IMO not the way balance goes, or all ranged abilities would need to their graphical effects nerfed/removed), the dmg component of the pots is minimal scratch which can be outhealed by a fraction of one HoT.
It has also a very long CD, 5 min, and they need potion resources to make (selling for surprisingly high prices on AH so they not cheap). Obviously you want to save your napalm pot for best possible timing, but even then, it will never be a "fight deciding pot throw", just minor extra pressure to pour in.
It allows less effective classes (name non-ranged bomb dps classes) to do something in fights that take the form of either funnel-to-death or get-nuked-at-frontline to do something else than just AFK in fights where they just cannot play on an equal level with said ranged bomb classes.

If we then try to figure out who would be the winners of "banning napalm", the result is that it reinforces the rdps bomb supremacy over melee/tank classes who need to reach (or melt while trying to reach) before they can do anything to harm the enemy. Now, they can at least throw some minor dmg bombs while trying to get to close range, if not on the said 5min cd or pot pile exhausted.
Honestly don't care too much if napalm is removed, I still have my Sorc/BW to play - just makes the game less interesting for all my mdps/tank classes.

wonshot

Post#5 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 pm

i'll eat my words, and admit I was too hasty. The blasting pots does infact not stack. so they do function as Pit of shade, and Rain of fire

(just tested it with guildies in an off zone. Two order chars throwing blast pots on one destro char) only one of them were ticking for damage

Abysmal damage on them or not, they still do seem to be the main reason some clashes turn into slideshows, untill proven othervice. They can proc things like Flames of rhuin.
(Not just going of "feelings" here. Actually timestamped different encounters and seen what was happening at those moments. And they all had Blast potions involved) As the clips above^^

I am really not interested in taking anyone's fun away, or get something that flips ballance upside down. But these potions do seem to create some sort of frame drop, no matter how nicely you put it, and trying to spin it about not wanting to play melee classes because these could potentially not be used any more, kinda just proves my point about how out of touch with the core class concepts these potions are, yet how big of a focus people put on them.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

madrocks
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 am

Bumbling nonsense again.
Blast potions don’t stack.
Blast potions don’t go through walls.
Blast potions are good.
Stop your useless text walls about something that bothers you.
Lutz

convexte

Post#7 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am

Spoiler:
Lutzgaroh salty comment again.
Go improve your playstyle.
This cancer pots should be removed/disabled imo.People using it for lags, not for damage etc.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Ywhi

Post#8 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:48 am

convexte wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am People using it for lags, not for damage etc.
Everything as been said.

I agree, Lasting Erupting Blast Potions should be remove from the game, too much issue.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:58 am

So the issue is then not the stacking (they do not stack), nor the dmg (100-150 ticks do not kill anyone, its a DOT that barely is noticed depending how you filter your incoming dmg information).
The issue might then be possibly a non-optimized graphics component, which AFAIK is the same stuff Engis use in their own napalm spam use.

But thing is, all ranged ground targeted attacks have similar graphic issues. You can achieve a flawless lag bomb via Sorcs lauching 8x IS on enemy pile, or shooting IW + procs into a blob; this will also result in "lag".
Same with BW FBB + FB or RoF + procs procs procs procs.
Enough dmg + graphical effects firing + proc effects firing and you get some FPS drop.

Hell, just this year we had issue with engis getting this weird bombardment mortar attack that kept causing a new effect on the targeted area every sec or so, you'd have your screen flash + FPS pressure because you'd get the graphical effect covering large portion of your screen (same stuff that people under magus attacks also kinda suffer, but maybe it was just slightly even more annoying).

Akalukz

Post#10 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Everyone knows it is for the lag, yet some folks want to protect it.... strange way to win a fight imo. Has any Dev ever said why we keep it? Seems like an easy change to implement as it affects both sides.
-= Agony =-