Recent Topics

Ads

Current RvR design is a reason of zerging

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: Current RvR design is a reason of zerging

Post#21 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:22 am

wonshot wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 am Some of the Battleobjectives are just not "included" in a system where not all BOs are needed for a zonelock.

Thundermountain's "Gromril Kruk" (Far East isolated BO for those not evening knowing it) is a prime example. With a system that only require 3/4 BOs to lock the zone, this BO never gets into play. However with all BOs required for a zonelock, you can put an organized force on the far BO forcing the zonelockers to both face you, but also be organized enough as a whole to cover the rest of the map.
That is exactly why a "one rule fits all zones" campaign rule doesn't work. Some zones should get a zone-unique portal that puts you closer to the BO from the campaign. Not too close but something to put a team closer to a TM -East-BO-like objective to keep that BO more in play. Thunder Mountain is a fine example of one that could use an "NPC-guarded drop in point" just off the lake that is only open when 3 or more BOs are held. These short term portals will stay open for the next 30 seconds with a HUD viewable countdown timer. It could make life more interesting for controlling those off the beaten path BOs...

Maybe do this with a slight time increase on the lock timer? I dont know, but go wild with your speculations on how it may affect balance!

P.s. I'm just some dude with a bachelors degree in psychology, which equates to I'm really good at looking up **** on wikipedia :lol: who knows how these above changes would affect the rvr game, but that's my best guess.

Also I'm sure it's been brought up before, sorry for not reading through all the years of previous posts. Doesn't mean that it cant be revisited - other options have been tested and failed. Why not this?

P.p.s. if this system has actually been tried before and failed, please refer to my previous paragraph.
Last edited by Detangler on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Alfa1986

Re: Current RvR design is a reason of zerging

Post#22 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:16 am

the current system in itself provokes the formation of zerg. In order to create a separation of players, it is necessary to create such conditions that the players were forced to split their forces, and the current "delivery simulator" produces only that people connect to the blobs and running around in the zone.

in the old system, there was no need to wait for any stars on the keep, but you could immediately go siege it, only this didn’t give anything special. all the same, it was necessary to score a certain amount of influence points so that the zone would turn over, and during this time the enemies could take the Keep back if it was not defended. this led to the fact that the players were forced to separate their forces, one part kept the BOs, the other part kept the Keep, the third did pve, and the fourth played scenarios.

all were in action, as well as the opposing faction was forced to decide what to do, or concentrate your forces on guarding the keep or prevent the other side from holding BOs.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum