Recent Topics

Ads

Terrifying Foe Tactic Override

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elvenis

Terrifying Foe Tactic Override

Post#1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:19 am

My suggestion is about the Terrifying Foe Tactic from the Blackguard Pact of Loathing. It increases toughness based on hate when using Hateful Strike. It increases up to 45% toughness for 20 seconds at 90+ hate, but it's tricky to use, cause if you use it again with lower hate, a lower effect overrides the higher.

Example: I have 200 toughness. I hit with Hateful strike at 90 hate and it become 290 (+45%). Then I lose 40 hate for Driven by Hate, hit with Hateful strike again, and my toughness becomes immediately 230 (+15%), overriding a better effect.
It is the only anytime skill Path of Loathing Blackguard can use, so it is very hard to get a good use of it, so the proposal is to not allow the overriding of the benefit if lower

p.s. I don't even know if it is working as intended.. as far as i know, higher buffs don't override lower buffs, should i report it on bug tracker?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Terrifying Foe Tactic Override

Post#2 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Working as intended, as you renew buff duration with a different buff value. I suggest not to use the skill to maintain the higher buff value until the buff runs out.
Dying is no option.

Elvenis

Post#3 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:02 pm Working as intended, as you renew buff duration with a different buff value. I suggest not to use the skill to maintain the higher buff value until the buff runs out.
I don't want to use the skill to maintain the higher buff, i want to use the spammable damage / taunt without lowering my defence..it should simply add no buff nor maintain it if the previous one is higher, and add it if it is lower

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Elvenis wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:02 pm Working as intended, as you renew buff duration with a different buff value. I suggest not to use the skill to maintain the higher buff value until the buff runs out.
I don't want to use the skill to maintain the higher buff, i want to use the spammable damage / taunt without lowering my defence..it should simply add no buff nor maintain it if the previous one is higher, and add it if it is lower
Don't spam it, there are plenty other skills to use. The only time you have to use it more often, is at PVE, where you don't care about toughness buff.
Dying is no option.

Elvenis

Post#5 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Elvenis wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:34 pm
Don't spam it, there are plenty other skills to use. The only time you have to use it more often, is at PVE, where you don't care about toughness buff.
I know i have to avoid to spam it, it is the reason of the thread :D

WeGotThis

Post#6 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Working as intended. No Tactic Override needed for missing Player awareness

Elvenis

Post#7 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm

WeGotThis wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 pm Working as intended. No Tactic Override needed for missing Player awareness
Ok, i can't explain what i mean..
I just want to use the anytime Taunt without losing the benefits of the tactic, not improve them

orillah
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 pm

This tactic is intended for pvp, you wait 90+ hate and use it. After that you maintain your toughness buff.

In pve you don't care about toughness, so don't use this tactic.

Working as intended no change needed.

Ads
Elvenis

Post#9 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Ok, anyway, i can simply use an addon and add class mechanic conditions, but no-addon user blackguards get even more disadvantage

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:29 pm

Elvenis wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 pm Ok, anyway, i can simply use an addon and add class mechanic conditions, but no-addon user blackguards get even more disadvantage
It's no disadvantage like several people have explained to you. The skill is only meant to be spammed in pve, where you don't need toughness.
Dying is no option.