Recent Topics

Ads

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
OndeTv

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#21 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm

@Natherul

Ok, fair enough. As i have experienced these odd contribution issues many times, i do not mind trying to dig deeper and provide better feedback for you guys to investigate. Would log file(s) obtained through turning on <Logging logAllToDisk="true" /> be of help to you in such a report on the bugtracker?
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#22 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm

OndeTv wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm @Natherul

Ok, fair enough. As i have experienced these odd contribution issues many times, i do not mind trying to dig deeper and provide better feedback for you guys to investigate. Would log file(s) obtained through turning on <Logging logAllToDisk="true" /> be of help to you in such a report on the bugtracker?
such a log would not do much difference Im afraid. Contribution is not shown to client as we dont want the exact values to be public. One thing to note is that you will get a message in chat if contribution was not high enough, other then that I just need a way to reproduce it. As stated I have tried multiple times and it ALWAYS worked when testing.

Tankbeardz

Post#23 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:14 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.
If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
Who ever said anything about getting beat? Rolls are all RNG anyways but I'm usually in the top 10 -- then roll a 25.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankbeardz

Post#24 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Celyt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pm Those of you who are complaining about the new system need to relax and take a look at the bigger picture. Everyone get a good renown from the gotta and the involvement of the both realms makes it a fun large scale siege. Also, if common sense isn't your strong point note that them making the current top gear obtainable by all levels clues into a new release doesn't it? So relax enjoy and quit bitching about the gotta. There are other aspects of for that need more attention them you getting beat In contribution by a lol 17 zealot.
Again, no one said they got beat in contribution..simply that lowbies getting bags makes zero sense.

Zaxxond

Post#25 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:14 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.
If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
Who ever said anything about getting beat? It's all RNG anyways but I'm usually in the top 10 -- then roll a 25.
@beardz reverse roll is the answer. Lowest roll gets the bags.

I bet you pick up all the ladies being top 10 in contribution. All about that BDCE.

Martok

Post#26 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pmIn the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

I was streaming during all of this, if anyone is interested in watching the video.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504881345

I made my comments there.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Alfa1986

Post#27 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 pm

I was three times on the forts with the new open system. the first time we really didn’t receive any awards, but it was last Sunday before the fix update, on the other ones I received 30 k of renown and meds, the others ppl on our side too, although we did not participate in roll of the bags becoze our side lost the fort, so dont know who took the bags and which lvl.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

OndeTv

Post#28 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 pm

@natherul

I was thinking more along the lines of narrowing down the time and place, as well as comparing log with internal contribution to look for discrepancies.

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 am

Well we did a double fort today and won 1 out of 2. The new system actually helped us break the order zerg into 2 pieces and eventually overcome the order funnel. TBH i dont think that this change in fort limit is bad. It opens up the field for more strategies. The portal mode forts were like instances, I dont really enjoy WoW-like sterile PvP.

Open world forts are more reactive. You just need a good strategy and good execution and you will see that the new fort system actually worths it.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

OndeTv

Post#30 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 am

Natherul wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm[...]One thing to note is that you will get a message in chat if contribution was not high enough, other then that I just need a way to reproduce it[...]
I don't recall seeing such a message in cases where no renown/medals was awarded in forts or end zone flips, but i may have it filtered out somehow. Could you provide the exact format of this message?

That will enable me to search for occurences in the full log files (chat.log and combat.log) the next time it happens. If the issue happens and this message is not in either log, it may be a point in time worth investigating. It is a long shot, but i guess it is worth a try.