Recent Topics

Ads

new patch (11/9/2019)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
gogopher

new patch (11/9/2019)

Post#1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 am

thoughts on new patch:

1-whatever u did to WL (and it may say a .25 increase but im pretty sure it is more) has made them insane in damage output...in the 5 (complete butt wipes) sc that i have been in so far they have far outpaced other much higher lvl toons in terms of total damage and ability to simply wreck face...might want to check and make sure whatever u did is what u intended and whether or not u broke something

2-new pvp-sc ques...um NO...i applaud u guys/gals for trying to speed up que times and get sc rolling but what u did was create food for t3 characters to eat...putting a lvl 16-20's character in with a lvl 39 (as an extreme example read lvl 39 as any t3) and ONLY buffing them to 39 is pure disaster...no matter u buff a 16 to 39 an actual 39 has an insurmountable advantage with regards to gear, skills, and renown...no lvl 16 can ever compete with that...the spread is simply too large to overcome with t2 toons...either break the tiers into t2 and t3 again or buff the t2 toons up past 40 to compensate for the before mentioned issues...

3- pvp-sc no matchmaking...so far almost every room i have been in has been very skewed towards one side (as of this post every time its been order but that is prolly time of day and bad luck)...im cool with no MM (arent u all happy im cool) but pls put in some kinda minimum (at least one tank/heals or two tanks/heals per side) or cap the number of tank/heals something to make sure the room isnt filled on one team with something and nothing on the other

those are my thoughts so far ill update if i think of more...

ps: as an aside i simply love the game and i compliment u all for taking ur time and energy to help make it better...a better labor of love i havent seen and thanks for making playing this wonderful blast from the past playable again...my critic of the new patch should be seen and taken in the form of constructive criticism rather than whinning or complaining (both of which i have had the unfortunate occasion to do)...im just trying to do my part to help u all keep this alive (as it stands ur changes to pvp que will lose u t2 players as we are literally food)

Ads
shoelessHN

Re: new patch (11/9/2019)

Post#2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:28 pm

gogopher wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 am thoughts on new patch:

2-new pvp-sc ques...um NO...i applaud u guys/gals for trying to speed up que times and get sc rolling but what u did was create food for t3 characters to eat...putting a lvl 16-20's character in with a lvl 39 (as an extreme example read lvl 39 as any t3) and ONLY buffing them to 39 is pure disaster...no matter u buff a 16 to 39 an actual 39 has an insurmountable advantage with regards to gear, skills, and renown...no lvl 16 can ever compete with that...the spread is simply too large to overcome with t2 toons...either break the tiers into t2 and t3 again or buff the t2 toons up past 40 to compensate for the before mentioned issues...
No tactics. No armor. No set bonuses. The matchmaking in these scenarios is a joke for anything under level 30. A well geared tank from t1 that hits lvl16 is going to have ~2600 armor with a lvll10/15 armor pot in these scenarios.

Not even sure a lvl48 bolster would help.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: new patch (11/9/2019)

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Good thing you're going to be forever stuck at R16.

Gear up to take advantage of your bolster. If you're running around in R11 blue gear, the fault is all yours. Then simply play to the best of your ability. No one should be expecting a R16 to make the same difference in a scen as a R39. People seem to think just because a bolster ~exists~ means they should be just as powerful, and that's terribly wrong. You're going to be a small fish for a while, make the best of it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog