Recent Topics

Ads

Ward system is boring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
madrocks
Suspended

Re: Ward system is boring

Post#11 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:54 am

Ward system is great, do the pve content. It's easy and fun.
Lutz

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:47 am

I have 20 characters. Quite a few of them are over rr60, and even more over rr50. Running a dungeon for gear that is going to be sold off as soon as I get it, (not going to waste space in bank for it), just seems pointless.
Someone said that the devs put a lot of work into the dungeons and so they should be populated and relevant. Yeah, ok, devs are wonderful people. But that is no excuse to keep Gunbad armor relevant.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Sulorie

Post#13 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:07 am

For tanks redeye is relevant as a set mix.
It's not that hard to get through gunbad and getting all pieces minus cloak.
When ppl have enough time to rank up 20 chars, they have time for pve as well, don't come with a casual player argument here. People with little time don't play a dozen chars and therefore only have to do it on a few chars.
The only thing I find annoying is the required time for cloak/jewel, especially when the rest of the set is useless for you apart from some 2pc combo.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#14 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 am

It's for new players and new characters.
and testing area for noobs.
it requires minimum base skills ,still a lot of failures happen. not just button clicks but communication, position and awareness.
ward system makes it keep going, noob training school.
you can't graduate it until you carry grp.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

sioding
Game Master

Post#15 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:19 am

I'm also not a big fan of PvE but the way wards are implemented are fine ...
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Esperflame

Post#16 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:44 am

On live, getting the PvP gear mattered to the PvE wards. I personally think if you got conq you can get sentinel. If you got invader, Bastion Stair is open to get and wear. Just like live. PvE is fine in this game, but the devs have made it into a chore. Why do I have to go get gunbad for all my tanks when in reality I wanna replace it asap with sentinel even though I'm already full vanq and so on. Just match the pve level gear with it's appropriate RvR and SC level sets.

It makes it fun for everyone when they can just pursue a build they have in mind without jumping through hoops. Have you forgot that this is a game? Shouldn't fun be a priority even in balance?

Last edited by Esperflame on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

madrocks
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:49 am

Everyone that does not like the PVE content in this game hasn't done it properly with a guild group on a regular base.
Gunbad runs are great for leveling, by the way.
Redeye, Sentinel and Bloodloord are all very viable sets with specific bonuses opening tactical options in pvp.
As a player you should have the sentinel jewlery. One of the most powerful jewlery piece in game.
If you think Invader is the only BiS, you are in for a surprise and you probably would not deserve an easy mode acquired gear through a no ward system in the first place.

So what did you learn today kids? Ward system is great and usefull.

I reckon if players would actually test and play the dungeons and get used to the easy Boss mechanics we could have fun Boss mechanics on the Keep Lords.
Lutz

Esperflame

Post#18 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:54 am

I don't mind a ward system. But the live version was more open and less grindy.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#19 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:09 am

The wards are fine in in my opinion. And coming from dungeons it's even better for me and here is why. Compared to majority i do not like PvP that much and i when i log i better relax with 5 more people doing one wing or a full dungeon, get some seeds / talisman fragments / ToK Unlocks than to get in the lakes move from flag A to flag B, get 2 stars and siege. Dungeons for me are the best way of relaxation in this game. I am doing them not for purpose, but for the interraction with other people. Back in a day i tried to gather people up for dungeons and that project dropped due to lack of attendance. PvE in this game is nice. I can't wait for the new dungeon to be implemented to go and explore it. Not to mention that in dungeons you can pracrice as a 6-men group for RvR aswell. Check synergies, test coordination, rotation and you can see how people think. Communication is the key in this game. They way wards are implemented is very good because people can see (remember they are not force to do) the PvE part of the game aswell. The talismans, potions, and other consumables are from PvE. You cannot get professions or mats by killing people. Dungeons are a very good and compact way of farming stuff. Not to mention the rewards and unique items you can not find in RvR.

Mattia1981

Post#20 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:04 am

I have a personal idea about this and i try to give my consideration on the system Considering the actual pve system a nice and funny contest, I find the amount of time it takes to get fulled, 2 hours and half for a full Gunbad run, same or bit less for Bastion stairs and 2 hours for the cities dungeons really high in terms of time spending, so not everyone is happy to go for them or have enough time. It can also make players get angry each others because of "... we should had do it toghether..." or "...you said full run, why you leaving..."
Furthermore, the final influence rewards are the best obtainable items even in an orvr sight for several classes -sentinel bands and bloodlord cape- but the number of runs required, around 18 for cities ones and 12 for bs if i'm not wrong, really disincetivate people to deal with it; unfortunately the items, the sets, the bonuses they grant, are a must-have to get the most competitive gear.
I guess players would be much more happy if the number of runs for all of them was 3/4 to get full influence and full sets; moreover, decreasing number of mob pulls or lowering hp for both mobs and bosses (compensated by a "punishing mistake mechanics" where who make a mistake will wipe) will decrease the full run to a hour/hour and half if the mechanics are applied properly and would allow people to log in and merge in a orvr/pve contest with no regrets. Also the lockouts can be annoying with their 2-6 days, but decreasing to 12 - 24 hours will allow players to choose for pve or orvr content and focusing on what they care more; unfortunately the lockouts last so long that people will do the run asap disincetivating them from partecipating orvr.

I hope almost players will agree with my considerations and that developers considered my proposal.

Caino bg7x
Bluh chosen6x
Caio kotbs8x
Last edited by Mattia1981 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.