Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Boursk

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#21 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

I think this is a big issue aswell, the motivation to heal as people did back on live just isn't there - It needs to change in order to get more players to actually be willing to suffer through healing instead of playing something fun like a tank or DPS.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Ads
Gridgendal

Post#22 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 am

Honestly Heals, and tanks to some degree, get totally screwed over with RR while solo dps get purple rain. I main WP and can honestly say I get less RR healing the top players in the zone than I do killing a couple people solo on dps. That is the problem. If there are no incentives to do something, it won't get done. There aren't any incentives to heal, so no one wants to play a healer, or they just dps with their healer cause you get tons more RR dpsing as a healer than you do healing. So why should anyone even heal. Screw those DPS, let them die. Dps as a healer and get plenty of RR.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 am

It's like this because the incentive to make groups isn't high enough. Often you can ask for group in /5 for long time without a response, so joining a group, which is the logical solution for healers and tanks, is a fruitless endeavour.
Same for scenarios. Ppl complain about premade on enemy team or bad class setups like no heal/tank but don't respond, when someone looks for a group.
For the most part the players are at fault here.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 am It's like this because the incentive to make groups isn't high enough. Often you can ask for group in /5 for long time without a response, so joining a group, which is the logical solution for healers and tanks, is a fruitless endeavour.
Same for scenarios. Ppl complain about premade on enemy team or bad class setups like no heal/tank but don't respond, when someone looks for a group.
For the most part the players are at fault here.
I usually avoid to join premade grp/wb because usually discord is a must...but during my playtime my kid (2 years old) is sleeping and im "babysitting" so i cant use headphones (i need to hear if he cry or call)....also my english is so smart (listening/spelling more than reading/writing) so i dont think that join a discord will improme my communication with grp/wb...

That are my personal reasons, but in addition i think that there is a general feeling from casual players to stay away of the "premades plente of elitist players"...im sure that not every player who start a premade is a "elitist" but....

Wiede

Post#25 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Groning1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm
Wiede wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:37 pm Didn't someone made the analysis and figured out healers getting their RR the fastest overall? At the times max RR got increased?
lol really ,where did u find this misleading information?? :lol:
Somewhere here in the forum, can't find it actually.

Someone had took the data of players from XXRR to 80RR (i think) and made a calculation.
The outcome was something about Healers get their RR the fastest, then DDs, last Tanks.

But to be honest, i think the investigated group was negligible and some other factors like playtime or success in killing didn't factor in.
But there was a general acceptance about healers just beeing alive longer and more (heal, range) to get RR and that the smaller amount of RR gain could somewhat gather a bigger amount of renown while e.g. your melee dps has to walk from the WC after a failed oilroom attend getting no RR meanwhile.

Something something like this...

deathy

Post#26 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm

If healers don't get renown and medals from healing out of group and forced to be in groups, then solo players/dps shouldn't get any renown from solo kills and forced to play in groups like healers

Vayra

Post#27 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:56 pm

deathy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm If healers don't get renown and medals from healing out of group and forced to be in groups, then solo players/dps shouldn't get any renown from solo kills and forced to play in groups like healers
I could get behind that
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Sulorie

Post#28 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Vayra wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:56 pm
deathy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm If healers don't get renown and medals from healing out of group and forced to be in groups, then solo players/dps shouldn't get any renown from solo kills and forced to play in groups like healers
I could get behind that
To improve it even further, you should get logged off, when you leave group. This would be wonderful, no?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:19 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 am I usually avoid to join premade grp/wb because usually discord is a must...but during my playtime my kid (2 years old) is sleeping and im "babysitting" so i cant use headphones (i need to hear if he cry or call)....also my english is so smart (listening/spelling more than reading/writing) so i dont think that join a discord will improme my communication with grp/wb...

That are my personal reasons, but in addition i think that there is a general feeling from casual players to stay away of the "premades plente of elitist players"...im sure that not every player who start a premade is a "elitist" but....
Fair enough but even then, there are options.
In general, speaking isn't required in most groups and all will understand your reasonings, usually you don't even have to explain why you can't use mic.

The second and more important part is being able to receive leader orders to have success in rvr and to a slightly lower extend in sc.
In this case some earbuds might be an option for you, where you can keep one ear free to listen to your baby.
Dying is no option.

Ghostwalker

Post#30 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:19 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 am I usually avoid to join premade grp/wb because usually discord is a must...but during my playtime my kid (2 years old) is sleeping and im "babysitting" so i cant use headphones (i need to hear if he cry or call)....also my english is so smart (listening/spelling more than reading/writing) so i dont think that join a discord will improme my communication with grp/wb...

Fair enough but even then, there are options.
In general, speaking isn't required in most groups and all will understand your reasonings, usually you don't even have to explain why you can't use mic.

The second and more important part is being able to receive leader orders to have success in rvr and to a slightly lower extend in sc.
In this case some earbuds might be an option for you, where you can keep one ear free to listen to your baby.
Wait one moment here because this game is not designed around the use of microphones or even a headset.. it should not be a requirement to be competitive, but here if you want to actually compete it is right? Doesn't make any sense and just exiles tons of people some of the best players I know in games do not use microphones of course some of them do and thrive using one but again it shouldn't be mandatory to be competitive in RvR/PvP.

I think this server needs way more community votes happening, there's literally hundreds of things that could be changed based on the players views/experiences.

Also I'm really happy someone else mentioned the 'elitists' here because there are quite a few and it creates a toxic environment, I cant even mention names cause of the rules.. if that isn't telling of whats wrong here then.. dunno what to say.