Recent Topics

Ads

Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wachlarz

Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

Post#1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Terrible Embrace now checks to see if the target is within range. If it doesn't work, it doesn't attract the taget. Fine. But if the target was not attracted, why does coldown hit on skill? Can we make no pull no skill cd? If enemy now use flee or charge i lose range and dont pull. So what i need to have pull and charge off cd to have chance to pull enemy? We have lag and server delays, ppl teleport, and this dont help.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=34494&p=390108&hil ... ll#p390108 This too dont help.

Ads
thefryinallofus

Re: Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

Post#2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:56 am

wachlarz wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 pm Terrible Embrace now checks to see if the target is within range. If it doesn't work, it doesn't attract the taget. Fine. But if the target was not attracted, why does coldown hit on skill? Can we make no pull no skill cd? If enemy now use flee or charge i lose range and dont pull. So what i need to have pull and charge off cd to have chance to pull enemy? We have lag and server delays, ppl teleport, and this dont help.

+1 Also do not put punt on cooldown if target is un-puntable.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

ahorts

Post#3 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 am

wachlarz wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 pm Terrible Embrace now checks to see if the target is within range. If it doesn't work, it doesn't attract the taget. Fine. But if the target was not attracted, why does coldown hit on skill? Can we make no pull no skill cd? If enemy now use flee or charge i lose range and dont pull. So what i need to have pull and charge off cd to have chance to pull enemy? We have lag and server delays, ppl teleport, and this dont help.
I agree, if it gets defended or the target has immunity you should get cd, but if he lags out of range and you have started to cast already I think you shouldn't get the cd.
Last edited by ahorts on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vrede

ahorts

Post#4 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 am

thefryinallofus wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:56 am

+1 Also do not put punt on cooldown if target is un-puntable.
No, that would just enable players to spam ccs without checking the target's immunities.
Vrede

Ototo

Post#5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 pm

That is exactly how every other skill in the game works. If your target disrupt a spell, it enters cooldown. I don't think that this suggestion of making an exception with Terrible Embrace has any other foundation than the fact that now you need to learn to use the skill, instead of being the "I-win" button that it was.
Spoiler:

Sofong

Post#6 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:37 pm

well done. keep nerfing the underdog and buff the already overpowered. just completely delete the marauder class please.

ahorts

Post#7 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 pm That is exactly how every other skill in the game works. If your target disrupt a spell, it enters cooldown. I don't think that this suggestion of making an exception with Terrible Embrace has any other foundation than the fact that now you need to learn to use the skill, instead of being the "I-win" button that it was.
As far as I can tell, he's not talking about the skill getting defended, but about using the ability because the target is within range, and then the target lags out and you can't pull it, but you still get the cd on the ability. If it checks the range at the end of the casting time, it should just cancel the ability if the target is too far.
Last edited by ahorts on Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vrede

Sofong

Post#8 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 pm

did those projecties like festering pyrosurge fireball snipe etc. do the same range checking? guess not. u still got blow up from 200 fts.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 pm did those projecties like festering pyrosurge fireball snipe etc. do the same range checking? guess not. u still got blow up from 200 fts.
This is very sad.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ototo

Post#10 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:48 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:37 pm well done. keep nerfing the underdog and buff the already overpowered. just completely delete the marauder class please.
What was buffed to what overpowered class? How is so that a simple check like all ranged skills have is now a nerf? Since when Terrible Embrace was the only reason to use a Mara when you have AoE Morale drain, AoE knockdown, AoE debuff, armor debuff, AP regen debuff, Wounds debuff, incoming Heal debuff, etc...? The list goes on and on. No other class in the entire game has this many tools, not even close.

You are simply being dramatic. This balance will not break the class, not even nerf it, cause is still extremely overpowered for its intended use in warband size fighting.
Spoiler: