Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder - Two things I want

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Likeaboss

Re: Marauder - Two things I want

Post#11 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 am

Joculari wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm Gift of Monstrosity is awesome with the self HoT.
Yep, the hot is the essencial thing on the Monstro proc. No other reason :P

Well, you always can ask for Pounce on Marauder, like people do for 12 years i guess...
But if you want to give utility from WL to Marauder, what would you hand to WL of Marauder utility?

-Wounds debuff?
-Thoughness debuff?
-Heal debuff (with selfheal)?
-100ft knockdown?
-Moral drain?
-Armor pen immunity?
-AoE knockdown?
-a Armor pen tactic for ~75% of the skills and not only 3 of it?
-AoE Initiative debuff?

Or all together? :lol:

Kill the WL Pet and he looses all utility for 15s
But why should you change your playing style if you can whimper on the forum.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Sofong

Post#12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 am

ppl still think WL and mara are the same level is not speaking the truth..... i believe these guys never play a mara, or comment based on 10yrs old perspective, u simply cant have all these stuff in 1 build

-Wounds debuff? CD nerfed, value nerfed, 13 pts ability, easily cover by a BG, the kotbs one is core and AOE
-Thoughness debuff? lowest dmg but, its ok cos spammble and no stance restriction but dosent benefit from piercing bite
-Heal debuff (with selfheal)? dmg low still need 11pts investment and require a tactic slot not that good compare to other 50% healdebuff that have no tactic or stance requirment
-100ft knockdown? montro stuff
-Moral drain? montro stuff
-Armor pen immunity? montro stuff
-AoE knockdown? montro stuff
-a Armor pen tactic for ~75% of the skills and not only 3 of it? require a tactic slot so u have to dump 160str for this
-AoE Initiative debuff? montro stuff

Jastojan

Post#13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Gunlinger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 pm
Jastojan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:22 pm Good idea to buff some class instead of nerf other :) Another thing, mara should have INSTANT cast pull as WL has. I realy dont understand why marauder has to cast it... it is the most frustrating spell in the game for me. :roll: Using it is always a pain.

Sounds so op in your dreams huh? WL Pull is first of not a pull it is a kick that grants immu, that the pet casts on the target. A tree or stone stops the target mid air, other then the Mara pull.
And the WL ''pull'' is not instant. The Pet has to reach the Target without getting killed in AOE storm before.
In my dreams OP? :cry: Many many times I was chased by WL and I tried to cover behind the walls (in Praag, Eataine mostly) and the WL pet was on me all the time, then for just 1 little moment to be in WL range and his sight and I am insta pulled to the order crowd.
I realy dont remember how many times (countless) I tried to pull someone playing my mara and pull was "out of range", or target behind the texture because of 2 sec CD. It is a lottery 50 to 50 (or disrupted, blocked...). On the other side It would by nice to have the 2 sec CD reduced or removed. :roll:
But ok, it was just a suggestion, nothing more. If nothing will be changed, I can live with it.

Foofmonger

Post#14 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 pm

So, while I do think the Mara needs a balance pass, this would not be in the realm of what really needs to be changed, and these are not good suggestions nor is this analysis comprehensive.

Gift of Brutality's proc is actually quite good, you just haven't done the math. What is effectively does is give Brut Mara's auto-attack damage that is very similar to 2h weapon users in terms of sustained and burst damage (without the 2h having an AA speed tactic, which would then put them again ahead of the Mara, but thats fair as it costs a tactic slot).

Marauders do not need pounce. Destro already has a pounce mirror, it's on the Squig.

There is nothing wrong with stance dancing, it's not hard and just bind your stances.

Sure, Mara's need love, but this analysis is bad.

Everyone should remember how awful the Mara has been at some points in it's history on live. I spent many hours fighting for the class to not be complete garbage and it's eary nerfs on live, and got a variety of balance changes pushed through after fighting for them. One of those balance changes were these stances procs, originally Marauders did not have any stance procs whatsoever, the stances were 100% just a detrimental and parasitic mechanic. For parity and to not make them useless, I spent many hours arguing with the Mythic devs on this topic. They specifically designed the Brutality proc to give the Marauder's single target stance an increase in auto attack parity with some of the other DPS classes in the game, specifically the White Lion (so that, a Marauder is brutality stance could at least attempt to try and do burst like a White Lion could with their frontloaded 2h damage).

Sincerely - The Foof

Joculari

Post#15 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:05 pm They specifically designed the Brutality proc to give the Marauder's single target stance an increase in auto attack parity with some of the other DPS classes in the game, specifically the White Lion (so that, a Marauder is brutality stance could at least attempt to try and do burst like a White Lion could with their frontloaded 2h damage).
Then its still a fail then imo because the stance is nowhere near WL levels but then again WL's use two handed weapons. But then again, again, many of the WL two handed weapons have equal or faster attack speed than the one handed Marauder weapons. (There's a WL axe with 2.0 second attack speed that I'm trying to get.)
Where as Marauder doesn't attack with the offhand weapon while having a mutation(correct me if I'm wrong but haven't noticed it) only when not having a mutation.

So Marauder has dual wield but only attacks with one when mutated, being locked out of skills when not mutated. Brutality then gives a chance to attack with offhand weapon on autoattack for 5 seconds. Both attacks would pretty much equal a similarly geared WL's basic autoattack.

Yeah.. I'm still not seeing whats so great about brutality.
Maybe if it did offhand attacks on every autoattack while in that mutation it would be better. Or a huge attack speed buff. Because right now, as I see it, its a 5 second buff to get 1-2 offhand attacks that maybe brings the total autoattack damage of those attacks up to WL levels. To get that we have to lock out of AoE attacks in monstrosity and debuff attacks in savagery, both types of skills the WL has access to permanently.