Recent Topics

Ads

Any plans or interest for prestige mounts, trophies, glamour gear, pets?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PaleHorseman

Any plans or interest for prestige mounts, trophies, glamour gear, pets?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm

I've seen this brought up a number of times in game and been asked about it in private some number of times. (usually related to mounts specifically) And after some research I couldn't find any topics mentioning it. So here we are.

Personally I feel like this is a bit of a missed opportunity since I think it would incentivize trying harder, winning and forming groups in content that otherwise has less meaning. A few random examples being, scenarios, medium/small scale world pvp, number of wins in content, defending a fort. Off the top of my head things that come to mind that reference what I'm talking about are the bone trophies which are holiday based with no permanent alternative I've found, Griffon/Manticore mounts are reserved for server contributors, the original mounts are GM only, and guild coin mounts (I think these specifically were a giant missed opportunity to make a high renown mount since that's what they already look like they're supposed to be) are basically unobtainable since most guilds don't have the numbers to get a full rvr group or the interest to do the dungeon groups so outside of maybe the top guilds who 95% of people will never be able to get in with to grind the coins, anyway.

I'm not suggesting to make the current exclusive content available to everyone. But rather to have new similar things as vanity/accomplishment rewards for the dedicated. (For instance an unarmored Griffon and Manticore or new skull/limb trophies, ect)

Cheers

Ads
toffikx

Re: Any plans or interest for prestige mounts, trophies, glamour gear, pets?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:45 pm

That’s what has been widely proposed for 6v6 (not the solo version).
If you’d make it wins required, everyone would still have some kind of chance (altough it wouldn’t be noob friendly).
Make it MMR based and all the LoBs and Zergs will come out of hiding and farm you like there’s no tomorrow.
Btw, i agree with you that the guild mounts are a missed oppurtunity. In fact, i made a thread about this some time ago:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33403