Recent Topics

Ads

Thoughts on armor appearance changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Thoughts on armor appearance changes

Post#31 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:50 pm You are not turning into a dps burst monster, because your armor gives 4% more crit or has slightly increased attribute bonus.
But you do when your armor gives 4% crit and slightly increased attributes and higher set bonuses and and some kind of proc on top of it and a special ability ;)

And you have other high-end gear like BL/61 weapons or Sent ring
And you have a group with the same high end gear

It all adds up to a pretty nasty picture
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
wachlarz

Post#32 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm

I want my maruder shoulders bloodlord back. Some1 know wher is old apperance ?

Mistdancer

Post#33 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 am
Mistdancer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 pm
Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:48 pm Initial mistake was putting actual endgame gear looks into first T4 sets, butchering old live appearances to give fast easy access and cool looking Mercenary or Dominator and reward people with cool stuff as soon as they entered rank 40+.
Which obviously lead to the situation where by time Vanq was being made, many classes had run out of appearance gear to hand out, or had to resort to more and more shared looks. Further issues with Bloodlord + Invaders, all because the cool looks were already given to lower tier4 gear sets.
This should not have happened in first place, so we would not have current need to resort the mess. But IMO its good that its being resolved now, instead of waiitng for Darkpromise/Tyrant and realizing there is nothing left to give that would not already be in some newbie t4 gear set players already farmed fast in 2016.

People just need to calm down, wait for the rework, and then check where the best "fashion" is and maybe find themselves surprised if the best looks are only gained from higher endgame gearsets instead of doing scs for 3hours and then getting the cool looking Merc/Domi piece and deciding thats the highest level of fashion item...
Also you spend 99% of time in PVP looking at your class from behind, surely a terrible loss if your enemies now notice you being out of fashion when they see you from front.
There is no 1(one) initial mistake. There are many and consecutive. And yes mistakes happen. BUT, adopting the logic that regardless of how many mistakes or mishandles have been done in the past, people "just need to calm down" while another experimental move will wipe their time investment yet again, and then another and another, is a recipe for disaster. No, people do not need to calm down because they are not at fault in the first place. They invest time and they expect at least some semblance of continuity even in an alpha/WIP system. Even at this status this is not a laboratory. It is a pastime. We need to remember that.

In any case, everytime massive changes like this happen, people should be given the opportunity to get refunds on gear.
You "expect" something, you want be rewarded for your "time investment"? Where are coming from to demand anything?
You should feel ashamed for even making such a post.
You had the chance to use nice looking gear on items for many years, which only had this appearance, because people wanted fashion hammer, despite the rather small item pool back then, which is understandable.

Anyone with at least some brain cells knew, that things have to change, when more sets are being released.
You used your gold to look good for a period of time, be grateful about it.
You can expect a list of all appearance swaps to have it easier to see, where your favourite appearance went. The devs don't owe you anything more.

They spend their spare time to rebuild this game, you only consume their work for your enjoyment. You want to value your time commitment higher than theirs? Get your entitlements in check.
1) People expecting to retain most of their time investment, is not expecting to be rewarded for their time investment. They invested their time as they saw fit and got what they choose to get from what was available to them. That is called playing. Nobody is expecting extra rewards.

2) Giving feedback is not making demands. Take your moralist, righteous, guilt-trip tirade elsewhere. If it is someone who should feel ashamed it is you, suggesting that people must silence themselves just because they don't pay subscriptions. Opinions and feedback on experiences are not the same as customer demands nor are they something that derives from paying. Plus, this forum is EXACTLY the place for that.

3) Way to go calling people idiots without brain cells because they share their thoughts and express their discomfort that things got massively changed overnight. When someone plays a game, of course they do not think that the experience is everlasting and eternal. That is a long way though from becoming a constant laboratorial trial and error. Get it straight.

4) We are grateful for a bunch of things here. Being grateful does not mean shutting the hell up about things we feel could be different. False dilemmas do not progress things. We don't need them. Thank you.

5) You have a very twisted notion of what entitlement is. Nobody owes anything to anyone here. The managing/dev team do their great work and we as players provide the necessary community for this work to flourish in an active environment. Each play their part. You present it like we wish devs are our slaves or like we should be their test subject. Please. You are not contributing anything constructive here. You are just heralding pseudo ethical principles.

Mistdancer

Post#34 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:00 am It’s a endless discussion (and interesting one) and I’ll make sure that all pieces follow the artwork and have texture and model match each other .

The need about rework those appearance is that we used all the gear models we had for merc / dom / vanq / opp / onslaught and we haven’t take care about futur set . So we have no unique set for warlord , Bloodlord , darkpromise and I can’t count the reused model for all other set .

We’ve reached final end game gear and we don’t have gear to add (tyrant hopefully have a unique appearance unused) . That’s why I thought it was time for make a final review of all gear set appearance , the lowered prices might help everyone to purchase gear for appearance only . Nothing is set in the stone yet.
Thank you for your time and considerations.

zatoh

Post#35 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Are these armors in the game? Don't think I've seen some of these pieces here
https://i.imgur.com/gvtnvRF.jpg

Antwonpd

Post#36 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:36 am

Does anyone know what gear set I need to get back the merc appearance for SW?

Silentsnipe SW r40 rr4X

Crisiteck

Post#37 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi all,

I am very surprised by the new IB shoulder invader skin as it looks like T2 shoulder.
Is it a bug, or a mistake?

Do you know what happened to the previous skin?

Sulorie

Post#38 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Crisiteck wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 pm Hi all,

I am very surprised by the new IB shoulder invader skin as it looks like T2 shoulder.

It's on alternate sov set, together with previous invader helm.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Crisiteck

Post#39 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm
Crisiteck wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 pm Hi all,

It's on alternate sov set, together with previous invader helm.
Thanks a lot for confirming.
With regards to the current Ironbreaker shoulder invader's skin, do you think it could be a mistake? or that someone forgot to apply T4 skin on it?
Cause if the Decimator skin had shoulders, that would be the skin for it...
Last edited by Crisiteck on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrimSausage

Post#40 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 am

I reckon that the original T4 appearances were good to be honest. I'm okay with the dominator/conq changes etc, but I think the Sov sets need some more work.

Personally I think that the original set appearances were good.
- Warpforged suited the theme of the offensive set.
- The Defensive set was fine as is.
- The warlord set did feel bland, but it was fine imo.

The changes that have been made are a little yikes though. I think at the very least that the old invader helm/shoulders should defeinitely not have been put on the offensive Sov set, rather on the warlord set, or to just keep it as invader (I say this because I feel as though that particular armour combo suited the invader set.)

Moving forward I think it'd be pretty cool to see some more re-works in the future, for example having the old invader set moved to warlord, with invader retaining the doomflayer appearance.
Anyway that's just my opinion, keen to see what happens from here on out. :)