Recent Topics

Ads

Add rare kills-only drops.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Add rare kills-only drops.

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:26 am

Back on live getting kills was exiting since you knew that each has a small chance for some rare reward, whatever item or box of crests. In ror comparing, you know that kill will give you some renown and medals that you probably don't need, as such there is no that "lets see maybe this time I will get lucky" excitement.

So I suggest adding a chance for some rare rewards on pvp kills- say some alternative jewelry set similar to genesis, higher version of rare fortune set, maybe alternative backs similar to Backpack, ets.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Re: Add rare kills-only drops.

Post#2 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:18 am

What rare reward was on live?

Zxul

Post#3 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 am

Telen wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:18 am What rare reward was on live?
Don't remember all of them, but there were boxes of crests, repairable high rr weapons (actually good and not copy of keep bags), might be some jewelry, I do seem to remember some sov parts (at least jem which was cheap) dropping, and I do remember some other stuff dropping as well though can't really remember what it was.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:16 am

Band of Doomsday and Rare Fortune drop. Do we really want more RNG added to gear progression?
<Montague><Capulet>

Zxul

Post#5 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:25 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:16 am Band of Doomsday and Rare Fortune drop. Do we really want more RNG added to gear progression?
Rare Fortune was a good idea actually- if you don't need the drop or from other hand unlucky with drops, you can always sell it or buy it.

And problem with those two is that from one hand they are uber rare- don't think I seen any Rare Fortune drop in months- so you don't even actually expect them to drop, and from other hand Rare Fortune was good once but currently the set is very outdated.

Sinisterror

Post#6 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:38 am

Live also had set boots and maybe gloves dropping in scs/rvr. Warlord&Sovereign jewelry also dropped.Does rare fortune drop in pvp ? I thought it was only lvl 38+ mobs. I remember rr98 purple wpn drop that was better than rr100 wpn for some classes because ini/wpn skill and at rr 100 you had xtra 160 wounds anyway so you didnt need health from wpns.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz